It seems most AT&T stores still have iPhones with old firmware.

I went and called several Apple Stores trying to buy an iPhone with the old firmware, but without any luck. The reps at the stores are very snotty and would not tell me what firmware their stocks have. But with the knowledge I gained from this forum I realize they're all 1.1.1 by reading the serial number on the box.

Today, I bought one that still has old firmware from an AT&T store, let me tell you, most of the sales reps there weren't very helpful or knowledgeable regarding the iPhones, 2 stores refused to show me the box unless I'm going to buy, and when I popped the question "what firmware # you have on your iPhone stock?", the answer I got from all 5 stores I went to was "Firmware #? What is that?"
    2007-10-07 05:24 PM
    thread moved
    2007-10-07 05:31 PM
    Can you blame them? They don't make any commission if you unlock the phone and use it on another network.
    2007-10-07 05:40 PM
    Today, I bought one that still has old firmware from an AT&T store, let me tell you, most of the sales reps there weren't very helpful or knowledgeable regarding the iPhones, 2 stores refused to show me the box unless I'm going to buy, and when I popped the question "what firmware # you have on your iPhone stock?", the answer I got from all 5 stores I went to was "Firmware #? What is that?"
    Haha, they're Sales people, not tech support. Sales people very rarely understand what it is they are selling, especially when it comes to electronics.
    2007-10-07 06:22 PM
    Or they're like me, and smart enough to know WHY you're asking what firmware is on there.
    [r a y n e]
    2007-10-07 07:38 PM
    nice to know they still have the older firmware version
     Think Different
    2007-10-07 08:14 PM
    If you're lucky. The last batches that have it are in the stores now.
    [r a y n e]
    2007-10-07 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD