Hi! I have the 1.1.4 Version Firmware, unlocked on T-Mobile, have the TZones plan on my account. Wifi works fine. I just can't get the Edge to work. I have tried tons of settings & have been reading forums for the last 2 days with no success yet.

The EDGE worked for about 1 day and then it just stopped. I have also tried several APN settings including signed in as guest, leaving it blank etc. internet2.voicestream.com, all of that.

I am pretty frustrated because I see some people seem to get it to work. Is there anyone super brilliant who knows? Thanks so much. Have a great day!

SirHumprheyHandbag
    Los Angeles, CA
    2008-05-13 09:44 PM
    I am having the same problem. I am on Tzone $5.99. I tried the Tzone tweak 1.1.3 hack and nothing seemed to work. I have searched around on this forum. other forums, and google. Let me know if you found a solution.

on wifi youtube doesn't work. What is going on here.
    2008-05-14 02:24 AM
    u guys didn't search hard enough. but the settings will not work. U need the unlimited settings for 19.99! tmobile knows about the hack and the tzones is made for smaller phones like nokias not iphones. It runs too much data so it will work for a day then bump u off.

I went thru this a long time ago but yeah u didn't search hard enough. yalls need the unlimited 19.99 data.
    2008-05-14 05:13 AM
    u guys didn't search hard enough. but the settings will not work. U need the unlimited settings for 19.99! tmobile knows about the hack and the tzones is made for smaller phones like nokias not iphones. It runs too much data so it will work for a day then bump u off.

I went thru this a long time ago but yeah u didn't search hard enough. yalls need the unlimited 19.99 data.
    Thanks. Thats all i needed to know, a straight forward answer. I will upgrade my plan then.
    2008-05-14 07:21 AM
    Not true. TZones works perfectly for me with the TZones hack, although, I'm not a heavy user of web browsing outside of a WIFI. Mainly for maps, weather, stocks and occasional email. It makes sense though, that if you are a heavy user then, the $19.99 package is a better plan for you.
    2008-05-14 09:42 PM
    I'm using 1.1.4 unlocked, with the unlimited plan... My edge isn't working.

I switched from a black berry to the iPhone. I changed the settings under the edge network to internet2.voicestream2.com and it still cannot connect to EDGE.

What is the next step?
    2008-05-14 10:24 PM
    Call customer service and switch from the 19.99 plan to the 5.99 plan and use the t-zones hack. Why pay the extra $$?
    2008-05-14 10:28 PM
    I have a special offer plan on my old black berry, I had 1000 anytime, unlimited text ect for 39.99$. I called to have T zones added and they said since I had this special plan I could only add the 19.99$ unlimited data and email.

I'm not worried about few extra bucks, I just want the web to work with my iPhone.

Any help would be appreciated...
    2008-05-14 10:36 PM
    I'm using 1.1.4 unlocked, with the unlimited plan... My edge isn't working.

I switched from a black berry to the iPhone. I changed the settings under the edge network to internet2.voicestream2.com and it still cannot connect to EDGE.

What is the next step?
    its internet2.voicestream.com

my sister has this on her account and she was cruuuuising. i had the same thing added to my account from T-Zones but after waiting 4 days [rep said it would take 24 hrs max] i got fed up and reverted back to the T-Zones deal. seems like it takes some time to "provision" into your account.
    2008-05-16 03:18 PM
    Hi!
    I had the sidekick3 b4 i switch to iphone(obviously i still have the sidekick plan which is unlimited internet plus messaging$19/month),i tried the internet2.voicestream.com signed as guest, blank,etc,i tried everything but it still appears as i have no edge activated could anyone please help me?
    thx in advance
    2008-05-16 05:30 PM
    i believe you need to use wap.voicestream.com for blackberry plans and it makes absolutely no sense that you can only add a total internet add on and not t zones because of a "Special" plan. it's not a special plan. it was just a limited time promotion. you can add on whatever you want to add onto your account

they may know that you're using an iphone so they're recommending the total internet plan

Hi!
    I had the sidekick3 b4 i switch to iphone(obviously i still have the sidekick plan which is unlimited internet plus messaging$19/month),i tried the internet2.voicestream.com signed as guest, blank,etc,i tried everything but it still appears as i have no edge activated could anyone please help me?
    thx in advance
    sidekick plan doesn't work with iphones
    Last edited by jtesnani; 2008-05-16 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-16 08:22 PM
    i believe you need to use wap.voicestream.com for blackberry plans and it makes absolutely no sense that you can only add a total internet add on and not t zones because of a "Special" plan. it's not a special plan. it was just a limited time promotion. you can add on whatever you want to add onto your account

they may know that you're using an iphone so they're recommending the total internet plan

sidekick plan doesn't work with iphones
    You are correct.

I switched to wap from internet2 and my EDGE is working fine.

Thanks.
    2008-05-18 03:02 AM
    This should be THE sticky for EDGE CONNECTION.

I had to call tmobile and get the 'Total Internet Service' for 19.99.

Just tell Customer Service you have a iphone and they'll connect you to the 'Data' service folks and set you up.

APN: internet2.voicestream2.com
    2008-05-19 06:12 PM
    it's internet2.voicestream.com
    2008-05-19 06:49 PM
    I add tZone to my plan. Everything working on mine, but youtube. Please Help!!!
    2008-05-29 01:43 AM
    Can't remember exactly where if found these instructions but after trying for days to get t-zones to work, i stumbled upon these instructions and they are working completely with 1.1.4. Even youtube works although extremely slow. Here are the instructions:

If you don't already have the following packages installed, make sure that you install them in the following order:

installer.app > select install > all packages > community sources
    installer.app > select system > BSD subsystem > install
    installer.app > select install > all packages > openSSH > install

T-Zones 5.99 Proxy Hack (if you have this installed, first uninstall before continuing)
    select installer.app > select install > all packages > Bigboss's Beta/experimental Source > install
    select install > tweaks(1.1.4) > install T-Mobile 1.1.4 TZones Hack

settings > general > network > edge > APN type in wap.voicestream.com
    leave username and password blank

Hope this helps...it is working for me with t-zones. No need for the full plan.
    2008-05-29 02:39 PM
    hi
    i am new & this is my first Post

My 5.99 T-Zone works Fine but Very SLOW 48kbps, why it is so slo ? & my You Tube does not work

can anyone help me?

Thanks in Advance

dsiphone
    2008-05-31 05:03 AM
    I'm not unlocked but i'm planning to unlock the iPhone for my little brother once the new one comes out. I'm looking at the settings>general>network>but all i see is VPN and not edge>APN like you guys are saying. Does the APN option only come out once the phone is unlocked?
    2008-06-03 07:10 AM
    GUYS
    Youtube will not work with the 5.99 Plan! There is like a 1/50 chance that it works.
    My phone runs the tzones plan, I cant get youtube via edge, but I CAN in wifi. Thats how it is, get used to it, lol

If someone knows a way to get youtube via the tzones plan, please, correct me, I would like to know
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!
    2008-06-05 03:03 AM
    For future reference if anyone has 19.99 plan from what I found out and it worked for me
    if you tried to input the internet2.voicestream.com and your edge does not work then try this. Delete the info for the APN and reboot the phone then input the internet2.voicestream.com APN again. By rebooting it should help. I had the problem of my internet not working on edge but I called tmobile and got it solved. I don't know why but something to do with rebooting helps fix the problem.

Just for a little info don't be surprised if you call tmobile and most of the techs can't help. I was told from one of the techs that there was only 2 techs there that is good with the iphone. I was lucky to have one of them when I called.

Good luck
    2008-06-19 05:24 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD