Hey, im debating whether to get the current iPhone, or wait and get the 3G iPhone? I am a T-mobile customer, and if the 3G iPhone wont help if the phone is unlocked, i will just get the current generation iPhone. Please help asap!
    2008-05-15 04:29 PM
    Hey, im debating whether to get the current iPhone, or wait and get the 3G iPhone? I am a T-mobile customer, and if the 3G iPhone wont help if the phone is unlocked, i will just get the current generation iPhone. Please help asap!
    Well honestly I was debating on this also but I went ahead with and got the current generation. For the following reasons:

1. It would be a whole for the hackers to come out with a hack for the 2nd gen iPhone.
    2. Let's say they hack it the day of release of the 2nd gen iPhone. I heard tmobiles 3G network is at a different frequency. And will not work. But this is still a rumor.

Hope that helps.

I would get it right now if you can find one

2008-05-15 08:36 PM
    Wait until iphone 2 comes out so we can check compatibility with t-mobile 3G network.
    2008-05-15 09:16 PM
    umm... have you tried to get one? they are not easy to come by. sold out is most countries and they aren't shipping any more.

Waiting for the new one might be prudent. when it comes out you can check it out and if you still want the old one, there will be no shortage of 1st gen iphones on the secondary market.

whatever, you do, Don't get suckered into paying a scarcity premium if it's very hard to find an iphone right now.

PS. i can't believe someone is selling an "unlock" solution for $29. what a jerk. $29 to click a button. not sure who bother's me more, the guy selling other people's work for $29, or the moron who pays for it cause they can't read for 10 min. (talking about the advertisement up top)
    2008-05-16 08:40 AM
    It all depends on the 3G iPhones specs. TMobile bought the rights to the 1700 MHz and the 2100 MHz spectrum (at least part of them in most areas). So if the new iPhone supports those two spectrums (or just one), and they are in your area. I can't think of why you wouldn't be in business. I really hope that they do support both. I talked to TMobile just yesterday and the guy I talked to didn't know much other than to confirm the 1700 and 2100 MHz.
    2008-05-22 12:30 AM
    AT&T uses the 850 and 1900 MHz frequencies for both their 2.5 AND their 3G.
    2008-05-22 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD