Topic ^

well, i just read that a "rumor" is going around that Tmobile will update their networks from Edge to 3G, is there some sort of software update that would allow the iphone to use this 3G network for us tmobile users? and what would that mean for the $5.99 hack we are using? this is all "IF" but i'm just curious how that may work out.

how much faster is 3G to Edge on average?
    2007-11-26 10:20 PM
    Can you provide a link on this "rumor"? If not this thread is worthless.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)
    2007-11-27 02:41 AM
    that would mean that their customers with edge capable phones would not get internet anymore. sounds reasonable
    2007-11-27 02:50 AM
    JD914, here you go:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...-december-6th/

bG reports, quite reputable site. So does that mean since we get the 5.99 edge network to work, that may no longer work? maybe we'll have to go through with the actual data plan to obtain 3G or will our iphones not work since i don't believe they are 3G capable phones?!

looks like this rumor could be coming as soon as in a week and a half, dated for december 6th?
    Last edited by iphonerox; 2007-11-27 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-27 07:51 PM
    Topic ^

well, i just read that a "rumor" is going around that Tmobile will update their networks from Edge to 3G, is there some sort of software update that would allow the iphone to use this 3G network for us tmobile users? and what would that mean for the $5.99 hack we are using? this is all "IF" but i'm just curious how that may work out.

how much faster is 3G to Edge on average?
    It means nothing at all. Just because a carrier launches 3G does not mean it will drop GPRS (EDGE). Rogers introduced 3G quite a few months ago, and hasn't affected my iPhone in the slightest.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-11-27 08:02 PM
    has the iphones with rogers been able to use the 3G network? i'm just curious if the iphone can make use of this faster network speed.
    2007-11-27 08:48 PM
    has the iphones with rogers been able to use the 3G network? i'm just curious if the iphone can make use of this faster network speed.
    No. You have to have the 3G hardware in the phone, its not available through a software update. With your current phone, you're stuck with EDGE. I'm sure there will be 3G iPhones in the future.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-11-27 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD