User Tag List

If your having a problem with getting edge to work with your
    iphone with t-mobiles total internet plan ($19.99) then your
    problem probably lies in the VPN. They will tell you to put
    "internet2.voicestream.com", but actually its "internet3.voicestream.com"

Enjoy, Lukeidiot.
    Firmware Version 1.0.2 User.

Last edited by Lukeidiot; 2007-11-30 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-30 03:46 AM
    I'm having a MAJOR problem with this as well. I have an unlocked 4gb iphone running 1.1.1 version. It was working fine the other day then all of a sudden went crazy. I reset the phone and lost my edge connection. I've tried it all. Do I need to put anything in to VPN settings or is it the APN settings???
    2007-12-02 05:46 PM
    If your having a problem with getting edge to work with your
    iphone with t-mobiles total internet plan ($19.99) then your
    problem probably lies in the VPN. They will tell you to put
    "internet2.voicestream.com", but actually its "internet3.voicestream.com"

Enjoy, Lukeidiot.
    Firmware Version 1.0.2 User.

Well this is not the case with everyone using the total internet plan. Some of us connect using internet2.voicestream.com. This depends on how they set up the account. If you ask for VPN support you will get access to internet3.voicestream.com.

I do suggest that if you have the internet plan to have them give you access to the internet3 APN, as programs like Appallo and MobileChat do not work all that great through internet2.
    • On T-mobile with 2.0 with help from Pwnage 2.0

2007-12-03 08:01 PM
    I'm still using wap.voicestream.com and its been working great for me. I tried Internet2.voicestream.com for a while and I seemed to get slower connection speeds using that APN.
    2007-12-04 01:19 AM
    can i get the tzones plan instead of the 19.99 internetplan will it work the same?

my youtube does not work with the edge...helpme please!! :0
    Last edited by nishahab; 2007-12-04 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-04 04:29 PM
    internet2 and internet3

Internet2 is what you should have, it is faster, no firewall, no authentication required.

Internet3 is used mostly for secure connections ie. office emails that are secured and behind a firewall, it is much slower due to all authentication requests that take place while browsing the web.

Hope this clears up the difference between the two.
    2007-12-04 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD