View Poll Results: IF in the past your t-zones worked, now

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • It stopped working recently

93 48.69%
  • It still works fine (and I'm glad I'm still saving $14)

98 51.31%
    mine stopped working on 1.1.3 but 1.1.4 had been out so i just upgraded to the new firmware. that worked great for awhile. then this morning it stopped working. i looked all over the internet and tried different manual and automatic fixes but none of them seemed to work, everything from dnsip's to plist changes in systempreferences. then i saw a couple people that just uninstalled the t-zones hack for 1.1.3 and then reinstalled it. so i did that.

currently running 1.1.4 with tzones hack for 1.1.3 and im running Edge fine. thats as of right now, who knows if it will continue to work later though.

anybody have any ideas why its not working anyway? i have read the t-mobile people catching on and changing settings, but why would it work if i just reinstalled the hack? and if t-mobile had caught on, wouldnt it be a total loss and not just a minority loss?
    2008-04-08 11:28 PM
    on 1.1.4 ziPhone with 1.1.3 T-Zones hack. Just rebooted and switched from Total Internet to T-Zones. A little slower, but worth the $168.
    2008-04-09 01:42 AM
    mine wont work. I signed up for it and had the tmobile hack installed. I dont knwo how to get it working. am i supposed to turn wireless off or change something? someone help me out to get this working. and im on 1.1.3
    Last edited by dmotis; 2008-04-09 at 11:56 PM.
    2008-04-09 11:44 PM
    mine wont work. I signed up for it and had the tmobile hack installed. I dont knwo how to get it working. am i supposed to turn wireless off or change something? someone help me out to get this working. and im on 1.1.3
    which tmobile hack did you download?
    2008-04-15 12:57 AM
    OK, so I'm desperate for help here. My wife and I both have iPhones with the $5.99 plan. I've had it for about 5 months with no issue. I signed my wife up last week, and wap.voicestream.com doesn't work on her phone, whereas it works on mine. internet2.voicestream.com works on her phone, but only insofar as her mail works now, but we can't access any web pages (server not responding after about 30 seconds). Is there some trick to making it work? Driving me crazy! She's on 1.1.3, fyi, and both phones are using the Bosshacks 1.1.3 hack. My sim works perfectly in her phone for Internet purposes.

ALL help appreciated!
    2008-04-16 02:43 AM
    just wanted to say that I just got my iphone about 2 weeks ago and got it set up on tzones about 2 days later with no problems. been using fine since, once in a while pages will fail to reload but would load fine with refresh..
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

2008-06-20 12:11 AM
    mine has been working fine since i started using it.....i just pwanged and it worked perfectly. though i will report that the tzones hack is NOT working with firmware 2.0
    and will wait patiently until its released for 2.0
    2008-07-21 04:48 AM
    I have the new 2.0 software, I used bigboss's t-zones hack thats on cydia and it made the t-zones hack work just fine. Mine stopped working after I installed 2.0 of course, but then I used bigboss's hack and it re-hacks it to make it work.....simple as that. People are making too big of a deal out of nothing it seems.
    2008-07-21 05:49 AM
    Well for some reason I used BigBoss hack as well and something weird is happening. When I am on Wifi, i seem to have a pretty strong phone signal but when I leave the wifi area I seem to lose signal. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Pwned 2.0
    Bigboss T-Zones hack from Cydia.
    2008-07-21 06:23 AM
    T-zones hack is working for me

I have a Pwned 2.0
    2008-08-01 01:41 AM
    same as me. Works great, I'm on firmware 2.0 1st gen 8gb
    2008-08-01 01:57 AM
    only in the usa or also in germany?
    2008-08-02 10:36 AM
    Mine works great, In USA and on 2.0 with WinPWN
    2008-08-03 11:54 PM
    Does not work for me in 1.1.4 w/ Ziphone.
    Does not work as 2.0.1 w/ WinPWN either.

I have cancelled my t-zones and will re-add it again once I get the cancelled order confirmation. That's what the T-mobile rep told me to do. She said that there was possibly a 'hiccup' during the setup of my T-zones after I ordered it last week and that I should cancel the subscription and add it again. I think that it may have detected an iPhone being used during the early t-zones setup stages.

My next test is to put my sim card in a regular t-mobile phone and then order t-zones. Once I confirm that t-zones is working on that phone, I will transfer it over to the iPhone and see what happens. I hope this works.
    2008-08-25 11:31 PM
    called tmo tech support.. said I have to wait until 8 pm tomorrow... after that if I still have issues then it's something else. heres the deal, there's an IP address for the EDGE that shows up. Just doesn't work. Slapped the SIM card in another phone to access tzones, most of everything I would navigate to, even the news feeds would give me the same errors.. so everyone, if you are getting errors, it's not your iphone... it's tmo...
    2008-08-26 10:25 AM
    I live in USA California and T-Zone all of sudden stop working today. I dont know whats going on. Havent called the tmo yet. Is this temparay NETWORK error or something serious. Are they canceling all user using iphone with Tzone ??? This is major ........
    2008-08-28 01:05 AM
    I live in USA California and T-Zone all of sudden stop working today. I dont know whats going on. Havent called the tmo yet. Is this temparay NETWORK error or something serious. Are they canceling all user using iphone with Tzone ??? This is major ........
    I Also have not had Edge work all day today here in Texas. Maybee Tmobile is having issues or they are working on their 3gnetwork and causing disturbances.
    2008-08-28 01:23 AM
    Mine stopped working today and I'm in IL. But my mail still works fine. Weird...hopefully this is a temporary issue.
    2008-08-28 01:47 AM
    Mine stopped working today as well...I'm in the Salt Lake City, UT area.
    2008-08-28 02:06 AM
    Rumor has it that you have to call and upgrade to the $19 plan now. I think they finally caught on.

If I get a chance I'll call up there tonight and see what the deal is. I sure hope this isn't official.
    2008-08-28 02:18 AM
101 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD