User Tag List

I can't figure out what's wrong. I have the total Internet package and my mail, weather, and safari work fine( I'm actually typing this from my phone) but youtube always gives me an error message when I open it.

It tries to load then instantly fails and says youtube can't connect. I've seen people claim youtube doesnt work while others say it works for them just fine. I'm using wap.voicestream.com and I have 1.1.4 if that helps. How do I fix this?
    2008-07-10 02:39 PM
    If you have the Total Internet package with VPN then use internet3.voicestream.com. If not VPN then internet2.voicestream.com. VPN is free though and allows full port access so you can call T-Mobile and switch it for no charge.
    If I have helped you, please use the Thanks button!
    2008-07-10 03:50 PM
    I just switched to wap last night in an attempt to get it working. I was using internet2.voicestream.com but I don't have VPN so I guess that's the problem. Thanks
    2008-07-10 05:30 PM
    you said you switch to WAP try this one im using and it works for me youtube does give a little problem though. wap.voicestream.com
    2008-07-12 11:48 PM
    I just came back from a t-mobile store and they told me VPN would cost me an additional 9.99 and the guy told me that VPN shouldnt be the problem. He said his roomate also has an iPhone with t-mobile and his youtube works just fine without VPN.

Are there any other solutions to this problem ?
    2008-07-18 05:32 AM
    This one appears to be an easy fix. Try downloading the Youtube Activator 1.1.4 Package from Installer. This fixed the problem for me.

Just out of curiosity, I'm using the BB internet plan for my iPhone under wap.voicestream.com ... Is internet2.voicestream.com faster?

-Matt
    2008-07-18 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD