I have the 19.99 internet plan for tmobile and I have the new 2.0 update on the iphone so can someone tell me how to set up my EDGE so everything works youtube appstore safari etc. because all I see are the tzones setup
    2008-07-21 06:35 AM
    I don't know for sure but I think if you enter internet2.voicestream.com or internet3.voicestream.com or wap.voicestream.com if that doesn't work.

Enter it under Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Network->APN
    Leave Username and Password blank.
    2008-07-21 07:37 AM
    I also have the 19.99 internet plan on t-mobile and have tried all three of those settings for the apn, but it's a no go. Every time I try to load a page while on EDGE I get this error in safari:

HTTP ERROR:$CODE$

$MESSAGE&

RequestURI=/

Anybody else having this issue? My wi-fi connection works just fine, its just edge that is giving me issues. I also have tried to used the t-zones hack, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Thanks for any help!
    2008-07-21 10:15 AM
    I also have tried to used the t-zones hack, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Thanks for any help!
    Make sure you uninstall this if you are using the 19.99 plan. I doubt they can coexist on your phone together. (Also restarting after changing your settings isn't a bad idea either)
    2008-07-21 05:15 PM
    Also interested in full instructions for using the Total Internet Plan. Is a 'pwned' iPhone 2.0 and just entering the APN 'internet2.voicestream.com' really all that is needed?

Guess I will find out soon enough as I am going to try this myself
    2008-07-21 08:47 PM
    So I reinstalled the 2.0 OS using pwnagetool 2.0 and entered my apn as wap.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com, and internet3.voicestream.com and none of those three seemed to work, i'm still getting that $code$ error when I use safari (i'm not entering anything under username and password for any of these apns). I double checked to make sure I was signed up for the 19.99 plan and I am going to contact t-mobile just to make sure there isn't any confusion or holds on my account for the data plan. Once again everything else works great, wifi, phone, ipod and all the apps I have (assuming I'm connected to a wifi network for the internet apps). The little E symbol in the upper left corner is there, so I don't see why I can't use the edge network. I also no longer have the t-zones edge hack on my phone. Anyone else having this problem please let us know.
    Last edited by btkachef; 2008-07-22 at 12:18 AM.
    2008-07-21 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD