I Just bought a 1st Gen iPhone, unlocked it and jailbroke it with winpwn using 2.0.1 firmware. I am testing it with tmobile right now and basically I signed up for the flexpay program with tzones. I downloaded the hack with cydia. Works real well with a few exceptions.

First: I have conducted several speed test. I have been reading many people say they are getting about 100kbps. I only get around 50kbps with 5 bars. I have read many heated arguments that the tzones hack is slow. I must say for me it is slow and I live in an edge area. I have heard the argument that edge is edge but if this serves me correctly, you are using a proxy. Actually any proxy can slow you down. Not sure if the full internet plan is faster cause I haven't tried it. It may just be my coverage and the jury is still out weather I will try it out. I may plop the extra 14 bucks to test iy out and being a Starbucks kinda guy I may find the hotspots useful. But for now 50kbps gets me by since I have wifi in most of the important places that I use my data most.

Second: Exchange Push email works sometimes but not always. Seems like I have to wake the phone or surf the net before an email pushes. Also, if I have wifi and edge on at the same time it doesn't work at all. I use BossPrefs to turn one on and the other off. It seems that push is also effected with wifi. Sometimes it's instant and other times I have to wake up the net. Before I did anything push was working flawlessly with wifi. The jury is not out on this one yet cause I have not used it enough to see how it will effect me. Like I said before, I have no idea if the 19.95 plan will do any better.

Third: This happens very rarely and I mean rarely. Sometimes I get a network error when browsing edge or in my email. All I do is say ok and refresh and no problems. This is so rare that honestly it doesn't bother me at all.

Forth: It is true that youtube and im applications don't work, but I use wifi for these anyways cause 50kbps for youtube is not good and I hardly use IM.

So what can I say? Well, I'm using t-mobile to test it out and so far I am happy with the tzones hack since I have wifi in most of my important locations so speed is negligible and even at 50kbps I can at least pull up all my web pages. Also, I saved 15 bucks to test it out. I may plop the 15 bucks to see the difference but if the difference is a few kbps and im then I will stick with tzones. Now if the full internet plan fixes the push issue then 15 bucks for push is worth it for me, but that is just me.

Hope this helps and would love to hear if other people have the same experience and if I could get feedback of using the 19.95 vs the tzones.
    2008-08-24 04:03 AM
    i called t-mobile they said its something wrong with t-zones in my area in new york city.
    did you tell them tha you are using an iphone??
    2008-08-24 04:56 AM
    i called t-mobile they said its something wrong with t-zones in my area in new york city.
    Funny. They told me the same damn thing.

I think I may call them back.
    2008-08-24 08:06 AM
    bearz i aint that dum no i did not i just said my t-zones is not working

imma call them back late sunday night
    Last edited by jordan19s; 2008-08-24 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-24 09:38 AM
    ^ I never said you were dumb man, I was just wondering becasue I read somewhere that T-mobile reps actually are cool with you having an iPhone...
    2008-08-25 12:18 AM
    ^ I never said you were dumb man, I was just wondering becasue I read somewhere that T-mobile reps actually are cool with you having an iPhone...
    I don't see why they would mind. The T-Mobile website talks about web browsing with non-tmobile phones and that you are basically on your own with the programing.

But seriously, what would they do if you did know? Probably nothing. The only companies that really care are Apple and AT&T.
    2008-08-25 01:02 AM
    I'm on the $19.99 plan (hotspot) and confused actually.. never got an email with any sort of login info (since it becomes useable on laptops with wifi)

from tmobile:

T-Mobile HotSpot
    Connect to the people who matter most with T-Mobile’s fast and reliable wireless broadband Internet service.

With over 7,000 locations in the US and thousands more worldwide, you can stay connected from across town or across the globe. T-Mobile HotSpot keeps you in touch in convenient locations such as Starbucks coffeehouses, Borders Books & Music stores, FedEx Kinko’s, hotels, airports, and the airline clubs of American®, Delta, United®, and US Airways®.

T-Mobile HotSpot provides a reliable wireless Internet connection with next generation speed, so it’s great for everything from checking your e-mail to instant messaging to enjoying streaming video or sound. Even connect to your corporate network with confidence on a completely secure network.

T-Mobile HotSpot gives you online communication access that lets you choose how you want to stay close. Use any Wi-Fi enabled device to stay close to those who matter. Your laptop computer, handheld PDA, or even a wireless digital camera keep you connected.

Connect even easier by downloading the T-Mobile Connection Manager Software. You can store the user name and passwords for all your wireless connections and find T-Mobile HotSpot locations worldwide.

Pricing

Different people need different plans. Choose from a wide range of T-Mobile HotSpot service plans to meet your mobile needs. You can add T-Mobile HotSpot service to any T-Mobile calling plan, or check out the T-Mobile Total Internet plans that offer unlimited GPRS, EDGE, and HotSpot connectivity in a single bundle. There's even a range of HotSpot-only plans ranging from annual or month-to-month subscriptions to Pay As You Go plans and DayPasses.

How to get started
    1. Make sure the phone or computer you want to use is Wi-Fi compatible.
    2. Choose your service plan - Add T-Mobile HotSpot to any calling plan, sign up for T-Mobile Total Internet, or select a T-Mobile HotSpot-only option.

T-MobileWeb
    T-MobileWeb gives you a convenient mobile directory of information right on your phone. Access the same kind of information, news, and communication features you might use on the Internet, but made to fit your phone. Customize settings like My News, My Stocks, My Movies, My Weather, My Scores, My Horoscopes, and My Lottery so you can get quick access to just the T-MobileWeb information that interests you.
    2008-08-25 01:37 AM
    Mine finally decided to start working just a few minutes ago.

I lied. Only Yahoo works.
    Last edited by Jυsтιи; 2008-08-25 at 05:31 AM.
    2008-08-25 05:27 AM
    primo... only yahoo works, and it's just the main page. can't clikc on anything, gives you a COMVERSE error... this really blows, all i want to do is access my email, sned/receive emails, POP and outlook...
    2008-08-25 06:31 AM
    primo... only yahoo works, and it's just the main page. can't clikc on anything, gives you a COMVERSE error... this really blows, all i want to do is access my email, sned/receive emails, POP and outlook...
    Have you read my earlier post? (like number 14 on this string) I was getting the same issue and it was because my T-Zones (tMobileWeb) wasn't activated properly on my account, it had nothing to do with the BigBoss Hack (at least in my case). I realized that my wife had it activated on her phone but that you have to pay the $5.99 for each line, so I was assuming that since she paid for it that all the lines on the plan got it. Not the case. I had them turn the $5.99 on for my phone line and it took about 24 hrs, but it works now. I tested it by putting her sim in my phone and that was when I realized that she has tZones but I didn't. I am in SoCal and we have the EDGE network here. Not sure if there are coverage issues with EDGE elsewhere.
    Last edited by kryoken; 2008-08-25 at 09:34 PM.
    2008-08-25 09:31 PM
    Have you read my earlier post? (like number 14 on this string) I was getting the same issue and it was because my T-Zones (tMobileWeb) wasn't activated properly on my account, it had nothing to do with the BigBoss Hack (at least in my case). I realized that my wife had it activated on her phone but that you have to pay the $5.99 for each line, so I was assuming that since she paid for it that all the lines on the plan got it. Not the case. I had them turn the $5.99 on for my phone line and it took about 24 hrs, but it works now. I tested it by putting her sim in my phone and that was when I realized that she has tZones but I didn't. I am in SoCal and we have the EDGE network here. Not sure if there are coverage issues with EDGE elsewhere.
    hey kryoken,

what exactly did you say to the tmobile rep about reseting tzones? cause i know i have it added to my line and i am still getting the comverse errors and what not.

thanks
    2008-08-26 12:57 AM
    Yeah, I read it, I called, had tzones $5.99 on my phone, and then told them to upgrade it to the $9.99 tzones-pro, which adds support for outlook mail, not sure how much but I got it.. still doesn't work though, I'll give it a couple days, after that the whole deals' off...
    2008-08-26 01:43 AM
    I upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 I had downloaded the 5.99 hack and restarted. It didn't work, I kept getting the $CODE$. I called t-mobile and they do support iphone to a certain extent she tried to help me set it up. I was putting in the wap.voicestream.com and after the restart the cellular data network/edge tab would dissapear.

If you can't see cellular data network/edge and wanna make sure you put the right APN : Just go to settings, general, reset, and reset network settings.

I did all of this and no luck so im back on the 19.99 plan. It is possible that for 2.0.1 they have fixed it so it doesn't work that is what the t-mobile lady mentioned.
    2008-08-26 03:17 AM
    No luck here either...2.0.2. Signed up for T-Mo Web 2 days ago. Big boss hack via Cydia.
    2008-08-26 04:06 AM
    2.0.1 I used tzones hack from cydia all was good after a few hours but then 4days later I get an error as listed above. I just might end up going back to my 19.99 plan
    2008-08-28 01:14 AM
    had my edge working for 2 hrs now it stopped uhhhhhhh
    2008-08-28 04:21 AM
    I've had an iPhone that has gone from 1.1.1 all the way through 2.0.2. The T-Zones hack had worked perfectly for me since December. I upgraded to 2.0.2 last night, and T-Zones stopped working. Occasionally I'll get an email, but nothing loads in safari, or any of the other applications. I talked to T-Mobile today and they were very good with their limited support for the iPhone, though they weren't able to provide me with a solution that works beyond suggesting I upgrade to the total internet plan at 19.99 a month. Then again, that might just be the best solution since I'd never have to launch safari and navigate to a webpage to get the WAP gate open before the other internet applications work.

Question: Has anyone had their TZones service stop suddenly (and rather completely, for an extended period of time) and then start working again? I'm debating how long to wait before I upgrade my plan to the Total Internet package.
    2008-08-28 06:57 AM
    A while ago my call waiting wasn't working on my Iphone so I reluctantly called Tmobile. I hadn't told them anything about my phone and they said "I see you have an Iphone." They couldn't care less. They were also able to change some setting in my account so my call waiting would work with my Iphone.

Yesterday my internet stopped working through Tzones and it's been flawless for 6 months since I got the phone. So I called Tmobile. They looked things over and said that it shouldn't be working anyway because I only have Tzones. So maybe they got hip to the Tzones hack and disabled it somewhere, maybe not. I'm going to wait and see if it starts working again before I fork over the extra $$ for total internet.

If anyone elses Tzones is still working today, please let us know.
    2008-08-28 09:24 PM
    Yeah, I've been surfing just fine with my 1stGen iphone and the t-zones hack for almost a year and it's been a few days now with no EDGE. I've had the iPhone t-zones hack continue to work through every firmware update 1.1.1-2.0.2. I'm kinda afraid to call and find out I've lost my $5.99 internet plan. :-(
    2008-08-28 10:22 PM
    According to this thread, tmobile changed the IP for T-zones. So all we need to do is go to Cydia and update the hack, and we should be smooth sailing.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...isis-over.html
    2008-08-28 10:35 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD