User Tag List

Hello there,

Ever since I upgraded to the new 2.0 firmware (Using Pwnage) I have lost reception and edge service a lot. It worked at first great, but now people are calling me and I never get the call. It seems to ring to them but I get a voicemail 2 hours later. Any thoughts on why this is happening? 1.14 worked great, but 2.0 is giving me some serious issues.

Thank you in advance.
    2008-07-30 05:44 AM
    Hey I have the exact same problem. I used iLiberty to unlock to 1.1.4. I have pwnage 2.0.1 and have been experiencing the same loss of network. Did you use the advanced settings or just do the "simple" mode. I also did not upgrade to 4.6 if that makes a difference because everywhere I've read says its pointless

Edit: From people I've been talking to it seems 2.0 is much more stable on tmobile just by upgrading to 4.6. I'm in the process of this now and will let you know how it goes once I'm finished
    Last edited by KMorg; 2008-07-31 at 02:46 AM. Reason: New Information
    2008-07-31 02:32 AM
    Hey I have the exact same problem. I used iLiberty to unlock to 1.1.4. I have pwnage 2.0.1 and have been experiencing the same loss of network. Did you use the advanced settings or just do the "simple" mode. I also did not upgrade to 4.6 if that makes a difference because everywhere I've read says its pointless

Edit: From people I've been talking to it seems 2.0 is much more stable on tmobile just by upgrading to 4.6. I'm in the process of this now and will let you know how it goes once I'm finished
    Let me know how it goes. I have the same loss of signal. But I am pretty sure I noticed it when apple anounced (Officially) the 2ng gen phone. I remember reading somewhere that around June 12 AT&T was upgrading all towers, and my service sucks now. Back in the day (up until new phone {I have had my phone since June 29th 2007}) I had ZERO signal problems. Now it seems that Apple/AT&T are doing things to make us upgrade.

Thanks
    2008-07-31 02:51 AM
    are you using tmobile or AT&T right now? I'm on tmobile on the west coast with the total internet package (APN internet2.voicestream.com)

Ok huge difference since uploading the 4.6BL. I also decided not to add Cydia since the App store has the only application I really use (Remote). I have not lost service or EDGE since upgrading and everything works much faster (ie Maps, Email, Weather...) Let me know if this works for you guys and I'll keep you updated on any other developments I have. If you need the site let me know
    Last edited by KMorg; 2008-07-31 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-31 03:08 AM
    Try going to settings>Carrier>then put it on automatic instead of T-Mobile I find it works better
    2008-07-31 07:50 PM
    are you using tmobile or AT&T right now? I'm on tmobile on the west coast with the total internet package (APN internet2.voicestream.com)

Ok huge difference since uploading the 4.6BL. I also decided not to add Cydia since the App store has the only application I really use (Remote). I have not lost service or EDGE since upgrading and everything works much faster (ie Maps, Email, Weather...) Let me know if this works for you guys and I'll keep you updated on any other developments I have. If you need the site let me know
    I am AT&T. Like I said, I noticed diminished signal before 2.0 came out. About a month before (Right after Jobs anounced). I heard att was doing things to their towers. SInce then, I have a very weak signal. Calls cut out all the time. I am on 3.9 baseband (via Pwnage) I heard it wasn't needed to go to 4.6. Should I?
    2008-08-02 03:48 PM
    Yeah I've found 4.6 has been working a lot better and fixed some of the stability issues. I'm still having some service lost but I'm hoping the 2.0.1 update fixes that. Just have to wait for the Dev Team to unlock it
    2008-08-05 03:45 AM
    I'm still running 1.1.4 on 2 1st gen iPhones. One is 3.9 bootloader and the other 4.6. Botha came that way but both are pwned running the exact same apps.

The 4.6 bootloader phone (originally 1.1.3) has a better and more stable signal whether edge or wifi, than the 3.9 bootloader (origismmy 1.0.2 firmware) phone. I upgraded the bootloader on the older phone but I didnt get a chance to really test it to see how much better it is. The new 3g my son has has the best signal of all.
    2008-08-05 04:41 AM
    Try going to settings>Carrier>then put it on automatic instead of T-Mobile I find it works better
    I have that setting as well and it works fine.
    2008-08-05 06:12 AM
    I have lost like 10% reception but i heard that 2.0.1 gets better service, Not sure how much its true but i do know that it helps with Lagg and stuff
    2008-08-05 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD