User Tag List

you entered the wap.voicestream.com in your APN network setting but you do not have the $5.99 plan. Will tmobile still send you data and charge you a fee later?

anyway, i was just wondering how it works.

so, i got my 1st gen iphone unlocked 2.0, tzones hack installed @ cydia +$5.99 plan. I have have BossPrefs, you can turn Edge on/off, I need keep that ON inorder for me to get the 5.99 plan to work right?

Thanks
    2008-08-14 04:56 PM
    If you dont have the plan, then you would pay a shed load for the data... i dont know the cost tmobile charges but o2 is stupid expensive per minute.

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php
    2008-08-14 04:57 PM
    I was under the impression that if you don't subscribe to a data plan then your Edge will not work at all. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    2008-08-14 05:13 PM
    I was under the impression that if you don't subscribe to a data plan then your Edge will not work at all. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    that's what I am thinking too. but I can't find a solid answer so far. I was just going to use the iphone to talk and wifi. I got the 5.99 plan and did the hack INCASE the Iphone requests data randomly and Tmobile would start maxing up my bill.
    2008-08-14 07:00 PM
    EDGE does not work if you have no plan
    2008-08-14 07:39 PM
    My bad i must have been thinking of something else when i wrote that. Im sure iv read stores about people not having plans and getting massive data bills....

But thinking back on it now back in the olden days of 1.1.2 i do remember having to wait for the edge to activate before i could use it, dispite having entered all the settings in via ssh.

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php
    2008-08-15 08:25 AM
    no, a data plan is required....i know this one person who didn't have a data plan with tmobile and there bill was $300+

just save your pocket by getting that $6 tzone then using the hack
    2008-08-15 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD