I found that the ability to enter my APN into the cellular data network section was dependent on whether or not i had the T-Mobile US Carrier tweak from Big Boss installed on my phone (via cydia). When it was not installed, i could see the tab and change the data no problem. When i installed the tweak, which includes the internet2 apn, the tab disappeared completely. Since i like options, i uninstalled via cydia and the tab and options to change APN became available again.

So i guess the question is...for all you folks out there that cant see the Cellular data network tab, did you install any of the TMOBILE carrier setting tweaks? This could also explain why after a restore with pwnage the setting is there, but after a backup its not.
    2008-08-26 06:22 AM
    i m using Airtel india sim card with iphone having 2.1 version hacked by quickpwn.My problem is tat my iphone networl setting has no cellular data setting option it contains
    Data Roming only
    wifi
    Vpn
    how can i congfigure my EDGE setting manually email me [email protected]
    2008-10-04 06:40 PM
    i m using Airtel india sim card with iphone having 2.1 version hacked by quickpwn.My problem is tat my iphone networl setting has no cellular data setting option it contains
    Data Roming only
    wifi
    Vpn
    how can i congfigure my EDGE setting manually email me [email protected]
    You need to install "APN Editing" version 1.0 by Linux_insidev2 in Cydia.

After installing, "Cellular Data Network" will appear in the "Network" menu.
    2008-10-04 07:17 PM
    worked for me thank you
    2009-01-09 03:39 PM
24 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD