I thought you had already said you were done? I find it funny how you say you've been there and trust wiki sources (I don't care what page they're from). Why are you all of a sudden questioning how long I've been here? You think I thanked myself 85 times, or I tricked 85 people with wrong information and they're all burning in the T-mobile flames right now?

So what you're saying is that we should all switch to epc.tmobile.com because the wiki page said so. Even though if I tell everyone who asks me "what APN should I use for web2go" I'll give them an APN which forces them to upgrade to the smartphone plan? Really? Am I really helping people out that way? No, because they're gonna come back saying it doesn't work. So I will keep giving out the internet2 APN until it stops working (if it ever does). I'll give them the information that works. I could care less what some page says about epc.tmobile.com being "the sole source." And even if the epc.tmobile.com APN being that way was true, that doesn't mean we have to do it the way T-mobile wants. Because some people like me (and the many others who use web2go) refuse to pay $30/month for 3G-less data, while other T-mobile phones get it. If we were all doing it the way "they" want us to do it, we'd be using AT&T. And that's all I have to say.

So if you want to give out that APN - go right ahead. I'm sure it works for those who have the true smarphone data service. Whenever web2go doesn't work for us, we'll take it from there. But for now I think we're all happy with the $10/month we're paying.

So going back to the topic - the internet2 carrier bundle STILL works for all web2go users who use that apn. Smartphone data plan users/sidekick/T-zones do not apply to this. OK?
    I now respectfully ask you to STFU:

You have absolutely no credibility.

Moving forward, every single one of your posts (and past posts) should be and will be taken with a grain of salt, if that. Any disinformation spreading on your part will be linked back to this thread.

I hear Aloe Vera helps.
    2010-01-22 07:51 AM
    You STILL don't get my point. epc.tmobile.com does NOT work for web2go. And web2go makes up a considerable part of the iPhone data community. So I will keep telling web2go people to use internet2. Because it still DOES work, and just because T-mobile wants us to upgrade does not mean we're retarded enough to do it if there's a way out of it. Maybe some day they'll figure it out, and we'll find another way out of it.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-01-22 04:29 PM
    You STILL don't get my point. epc.tmobile.com does NOT work for web2go. And web2go makes up a considerable part of the iPhone data community. So I will keep telling web2go people to use internet2. Because it still DOES work, and just because T-mobile wants us to upgrade does not mean we're retarded enough to do it if there's a way out of it. Maybe some day they'll figure it out, and we'll find another way out of it.
    You don't like to read do you? Straight from the horse's mouth:

Access Points Names (APNs)
    T-Mobile Internet: Internet2.voicestream.com
    T-Mobile Internet VPN: Internet3.voicestream.com
    Web2Go/t-zones: wap.voicestream.com
    BlackBerry: blackberry.net
    Sidekick: hiptop.t-mobile.com
    T-Mobile G1: epc.tmobile.com
    And then an update at the top:

Note: Effective June 27th, 2009 it is no longer required to use a different APNs to access services. The APN should be set as epc.tmobile.com at all times. Proxy Settings can be entered but will be ignored by the gateway.
    So, by your logic, if there is any APN that you should be promoting/pushing across the internet, it's epc.tmobile.com. Since, after all, T-Mobile officially says so (citations!!! sources!!! omg!one1 wiki!!!).

But as you, I, and a lot of people know on this forum and across the net, epc will not work for all. SO, the most honest and logical thing to do is link people to the carrier bundle thread. That way, they can see which package includes what settings and decide for themselves which package will work. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

No one needs to be spoon fed by you, considering how wrong you've been time and time again. And if you continue on with your disinformation and internet2 stubbornness, I will link any and everyone back to this thread.

Just do the right thing (linking people to the most available information) and stop being a bonehead.
    2010-01-23 12:28 AM
    I'm going to "link" web2go users to an APN that doesn't work? And force them to upgrade? Nope. You can link them to this thread all you want. But you won't get them to pay $20/month more for the same speed. If they wanted to pay $30/month for data they'd be using AT&T 3G. Once again, most web2go users that requested help were complaining about epc.tmobile.com N O T working.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-01-24 03:18 PM
    I hate when people post information without actually having first hand knowledge.

EPC does not work on $10 data plans and neither does WAP.
    Those APNs only work with the higher priced data plans.

I've been scouring the web for a couple weeks now trying to find out what happened to epc.tmobile.com
    2010-02-21 07:13 AM
    I hate when people post information without actually having first hand knowledge.

Quoted for truth.

internet2 is the only APN that works for my $10 'Phone First' web plan.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave
    2010-02-21 07:45 AM

I've been scouring the web for a couple weeks now trying to find out what happened to epc.tmobile.com
    I hate when people post without actually reading first:

But as you, I, and a lot of people know on this forum and across the net, epc will not work for all. SO, the most honest and logical thing to do is link people to the carrier bundle thread. That way, they can see which package includes what settings and decide for themselves which package will work. Wash, rinse, and repeat.
    Like I posted earlier, I'm on T-Zones ($5.99, hardly a higher priced data plan) and epc works just fine; internet2 does not. In fact, right after the T-Zones port restriction walls came down and epc was introduced, ALL T-Zones users jumped ship [to epc]. According to T-Mobile, Web2Go (your $10 data plan) is the new T-Zones.

Quoted for truth.

internet2 is the only APN that works for my $10 'Phone First' web plan.

Quoted for blind following?
    2010-02-22 11:38 PM
    And tell me how can someone acquire tzones? They can't! Only if you had the plan before. Which means that adp is right in stating that epc does not work for web2go customers.
    2010-02-22 11:59 PM
    And tell me how can someone acquire tzones? They can't! Only if you had the plan before. Which means that adp is right in stating that epc does not work for web2go customers.
    I know many people with Web2Go that use epc. T-Mobile classifies me as "Web2Go."

Like I mentioned earlier:

Just because an APN works for you doesn't mean it'll work for everyone. Not every T-Mobile network across the country works the same. I have web2go and internet2.voicestream.com does not work for me -> "You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." Yet the old wap and new epc APNs work just fine.
    Give it up.
    2010-02-23 12:33 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD