Hey All,

Here's the deal - I just purchased a fully unlocked iPhone 3G from overseas via eBay, and I'm just waiting for it to be sent to me (hoping for the best).

My question is, since it is legally unlocked and its a 3G, will I still be able to use the T-Zones Hack on it?

Sorry if this has already been discussed in any other post, I just couldn't find an answer to my question!
    2008-08-24 09:13 PM
    dont know but i think there is no unlock for iphone 3g as yet
    2008-08-24 11:38 PM
    Yeah man i really don't think there is a unlock for it. Hope it wasn't expensive. Also Hope your not looking forward to using 3g because it won't work on t-mobiles 3g
    2008-08-24 11:59 PM
    Some country's with unlocked phones you can only get edge on it. Will have to jailbreak to use tzones should not relock it since the code is not in it. Research the frequency that tmobile uses in germany, might get lucky it may be the same here. I do not think the iphone has the four frequencies that my cingular 8525 so I pick up 3g on all over the world on tmo.
    2008-08-25 12:26 AM
    Just to clarify, I'm not looking to unlock the iphone 3G. It is being sold already legally unlocked by carriers in other countries, such as france, australia, china, etc. I have purchased one of these already unlocked phones. I'm not hoping to use it with T-Mobile's 3G, as I already know it won't be compatible. As long as I can use it with the T-Mobile's Edge network I'll be happy.

That being said, can anyone confirm that the 3G works with the T-Zone's hack? Thanks!
    2008-08-25 01:08 AM
    Don't think it's been tested, since the 3g iPhone sold here in the states can't be unlocked yet. You're gonna have to be the guinea pig for us. I would assume that it should work, but let us know.
    2008-08-25 07:26 PM
    my 3G is unlocked with yessim (have a lot of problems), but T-zones work ok
    2008-08-28 04:46 AM
    Lol guess I will be the guinea pig. I'll get back to everyone in a few days on how it works. If it's slow I might just get the 19.99 Total Internet.
    2008-08-31 10:03 PM
    What is meant by "legal" It is not illegal for you to unlock a phone (at least in the states) in any way, shape, or form. Apple also reserves the right to ignore you if you have problems with an unlocked phone.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-08-31 10:36 PM
    Apple can't "ignore" problems with a phone that they themselves have unlocked and sold. What I mean by "legally" unlocked is that it wasn't unlocked via software modification or one of those sim unlock methods that might void your warranty.
    2008-08-31 11:35 PM
    "Legally Unlocked" mean it has been unlocked from Apple mfg. and legal. There are three countries that sale iPhone 3G unlocked (legally unlocked), Italy, Belgium & Hong Kong (as far as I know now).

You can use your legally unlocked iPhone 3G with T-Zones, but you need to jailbreak it first with WinPwn then install the new T-Zones Hack provided by BigBoss in Cydia.

Please also read this post: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/31...ones-hack.html
    2008-09-01 02:13 AM
    An update:
    The T-Zones Hack worked perfectly for me. Just downloaded it off of Cydia, didn't even have to change any settings in the Network/Cellular Data part. Admittedly, it is pretty slow. But I can use pretty much any application and surf the web (slowly but surely). My one gripe is that I can't use Pandora - but I can use AOL radio. However, I prefer Pandora. =\

I'm going to use it for a while and see how it goes.
    2008-09-04 05:07 AM
    Lostbrains, you're a lucky one that own "Legally Unlocked 3G" from Apple, it will stay unlocked no matter what!!!
    2008-09-04 05:34 AM
    Lostbrains, you're a lucky one that own "Legally Unlocked 3G" from Apple, it will stay unlocked no matter what!!!
    As long you're willing to pay for it, you can get it. That's not luck.
    2008-09-04 05:38 AM
    As long you're willing to pay for it, you can get it. That's not luck.
    Well, you're right about that. But if you're willing to sell your 3g iphone, you can get an unlocked one for a couple of hundred bucks more.

In the end it still works out to be cheaper than dishing out close to 90 bucks a month for AT&T for a 2 year contract.
    2008-09-04 06:01 AM
    Well, you're right about that. But if you're willing to sell your 3g iphone, you can get an unlocked one for a couple of hundred bucks more.

In the end it still works out to be cheaper than dishing out close to 90 bucks a month for AT&T for a 2 year contract.
    . I am on prepaid. No, I don't have a 3G and I don't think the few hundred xtra for the xtra 3G func worth it at all. Well, that' me of course..hehe
    2008-09-04 08:22 AM
    I have an unlocked 3g iPhone, and my tzones doesnt work I tried to reinstall it a couple times but no luck..
    2008-09-11 04:58 PM
    I have a question for the OP os anyone else that has an unlocked iPhone 3G. Does iTunes allow you to connect and sync your iPhone 3G?
    2008-09-25 07:10 AM
    An update:
    The T-Zones Hack worked perfectly for me. Just downloaded it off of Cydia, didn't even have to change any settings in the Network/Cellular Data part. Admittedly, it is pretty slow. But I can use pretty much any application and surf the web (slowly but surely). My one gripe is that I can't use Pandora - but I can use AOL radio. However, I prefer Pandora. =

I'm going to use it for a while and see how it goes.
    Hi Lostbrains, are you sure that the T-Zones hack is working for you?
    I'm just asking because I can use Pandora over Edge (hacked T-zones) w/o any problems.
    You can check your speed here
    Iphone Speed Test Speed Test
    I usually get 140-160 kbps
    2008-09-26 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD