i recently got an iphone and unlocked it with 2.0.1 firmware. I been trying to access the internet using edge and t-mobile full internet access but when i go to open safari or youtube i get the following message: "you are not subscribed to a cellular data service". I went to settings then APN and added "internet2.voicestream.com" leaving the username and psswrd blank. what am i missing??? please help!!!
    2008-08-27 08:14 PM
    might want to call tmobile and let them know whats going on. They have a department for the iPhones. They might have to reflash the signal going to your phone.
    2008-08-27 08:17 PM
    how long has it been since you added data plan ???it takes up to 2-3 days for it to kick in .
    2008-08-28 02:23 AM
    Ok ok slow down people... I would bet on your settings being incorrect.
    try this......

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User Name: guest
    Password: guest

If that doesnt work try leaving the user name and password blank while keeping the APN

It is correct however that if you dont currently have a data plan on a different phone that it may take 24-48 hours for the connection to be established for a new plan.
    2008-08-28 03:25 AM
    thank all of you for your help! I called t-mobile and for some reason they had me under the incorrect internet plan. My internet has been working perfectly since i called them. I have the unlimitted plan and my settings are:
    APN internet2.voicestream.com Username and Password are left blank.
    Once again thanks!
    2008-09-05 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD