I am trying to help a friend with a first gen iPhone, its on 2.0.2 jailbroken and unlcoked via the newest pwnage tool v2.0.3

Phone makes calls and browses wifi no problem

Im so lost. I have been searching online for hours!!!

In regards to T-Zones hack, i have installed the T-Zones hack from Cydia,
    but everyone keeps telling me to goto settings/general/network and change the APN.

If i go into settings/general/network i dont even see an option to change the APN ??

Am i blind? Is this new, i could have sworn i saw this on my old 1.1.4 iPhone. I now own a 3G iPhone on 2.0.2 and my network settings are the same, no option to change APN. So i figure this must be because of the newest firmware.

Should i downgrade to older firmware? or is there a way to enter this APN i just didnt find yet ?

Who is using Tzones successfully on firmware 2.0.2 ?

Thanks

44 views and no replies!!

i must be an idiot, its just not there and every thread i have searched (since 11:40pm and now 3:30am) says download tzones hack, go into Settings>>>General>>>Network>>>EDGE>>>on APN field type in wap.voicestream.com leave Username and Password blank.

so what am i missing? i dont even have an option to change the APN
    Last edited by sfwd203; 2008-08-31 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-31 09:30 AM
    Using wifi navigate safari to unlockit.co.nz and from there you can enter your apn settings. Once this is done you can go to settings>general>profiles and see the new profile you just created through the website. Edge should work fine then and you can use bossprefs to toggle edge on/off.
    2008-08-31 09:44 AM
    Go to settings, General, network, "cellular data network"...that's it, friend!
    Last edited by jiggykilla; 2008-08-31 at 09:49 AM. Reason: missing
    My Arrival Was Imminent!
    2008-08-31 09:47 AM
    ok like i mentioned above, if i goto settings, general, network, there is no option called "cellular data network" thats why i am sooo lost!

Using wifi navigate safari to unlockit.co.nz and from there you can enter your apn settings. Once this is done you can go to settings>general>profiles and see the new profile you just created through the website. Edge should work fine then and you can use bossprefs to toggle edge on/off.
    Ok now that looks promising, ill give that a try!
    Last edited by sfwd203; 2008-08-31 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-31 07:06 PM
    APN last appeared in 2.0. I have the same problem with a friends Iphone 2G. The option to see the Cellular Data Network disappeared in 2.0.1 and still not there in 2.0.2. Mine goes General > Network > Data Roaming, VPN, Wifi.
    Last edited by Mrw726; 2008-08-31 at 07:25 PM.
    2008-08-31 07:22 PM
    i own an iphone 1st gen and i'm on 2.02, i do have the option in setting to enter apn/username/password in "cellular data network"! you guys might need to rebuild your cfw's using winpwn 2.5, just a suggestion..........
    My Arrival Was Imminent!
    2008-08-31 08:34 PM
    that is an option. i have been using pwnage tool. I guess i can use my mothers slow *** windows pc to try and use winpwn 2.5 and see if that changes anything.
    2008-08-31 08:58 PM
    I too don't have that option to change APN now. I had it till 1.1.4. I am on a first gen iPhone.
    Was this removed by Pwnage? WinPwn will restore it?

Any suggestions pls.
    2008-08-31 09:19 PM
    me too doesnt have it , Wonder why so ?
    2008-08-31 09:57 PM
    I too don't have that option to change APN now. I had it till 1.1.4. I am on a first gen iPhone.
    Was this removed by Pwnage? WinPwn will restore it?

Any suggestions pls.
    Well i just spent 2 hours downloading and installing winpwn, BL's, .Net framwork, new iTunes, 2.0.2 firmware.. and running winpwn on my mother PC...

and..... NOPE! Still not there.

I need to deliver this phone back to my friend today so he's going to get it as is and hopefully EDGE works for him. If not maybe someone can chime in and help.

Maybe an up to date SSH/Cyberduck carrier.plist edit ?
    -I couldnt find a decent tutorial i understood for edditing plist for Tmobile T-Zones

Can anyone verify unlockit.co.nz works on there 2.0.2 iPhone with T-Zones ?

I got it working. In this order i downloaded Tzones hack, went to unlockit.co.nz, restarted the phone with a new Tmobile sim... success

Now when i go into settings/general/networks it is there.

So maybe it was a sim issue, working ok now with a different sim
    Last edited by sfwd203; 2008-09-01 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-01 01:53 AM
    As the man said: unlockit.co.nz

all you need. Be sure to Donate !! (what is another 2 hours of your time worth?)
    2008-11-22 11:09 PM
    At&t got rid of apn in the new firmware that is why it does'nt show up.
    2009-04-03 02:36 AM
    go on cydia and download "apn settings changer" or something like that.
    2009-04-14 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD