Here's the deal. I accedently upgraded to the latest firmware on Saturday. I managed to downgrade it Sunday morning and all was well. I proceded to throw a load of laundry in the washer. I washed my Iphone as well and have had no luck reviving.

Today I baught an Iphone from someone who was using it with AT&T. I downgraded it to firnware 1.1.4 using the same system with my washed phone. Put in my T-Mobile SIM. Everything seemed to work and unlock fine. I can use Itunes with it and all but I have "No Service"

I tried going threw the motions three times with no luck!!!

Any ideas???
    2008-09-04 04:41 AM
    Check your baseband. Settings > General > About > Modem firmware (at the bottom). If it's 4.05.04 you need to erase your baseband with kiphone and then restore to 1.1.4 and re-unlock. If you're at 4.04.05 then I don't have an answer for you.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html
    2008-09-04 04:45 AM
    it is currently 04.05.04_g ... hope thats it?
    Thanks!!!
    2008-09-04 04:48 AM
    That's it. Your baseband and firmware don't match. Use the link to download the correct version of kiphone on my guide and follow the remaining steps.
    2008-09-04 04:51 AM
    kiphone ... the link takes me to ziPhone???
    I followed the instuctions to a T ... should I check Downgrade Baseband?
    2008-09-04 04:55 AM
    The link actually takes you to iphone-freak.com...

According to my guide... i'll cut and paste for you.

OK, you now have a phone with 1.1.4 Firmware and the 4.05.04 baseband. Now we have to downgrade the baseband

11. Download KiPhone
    *Unzip all files into a folder before you run the program or it will fail*
    12. Run KiPhone with Debug Boot and iErase options checked. (Leave the box for downgrade UNCHECKED)
    13. Plug your phone into iTunes and shift+click restore to 1.1.4 AGAIN. This will write the correct 4.04.05 baseband to you phone. (You may have to put your phone into recovery mode manually for iTunes to let you restore - hold power and home until the phone reboots - continue to hold until you see the iTunes logo)
    14. Your phone should now be factory 1.1.4 with the matching baseband - all you ha
    2008-09-04 05:03 AM
    Got it ... I was using Iliberty to unlock and I did not checkmark the "downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9FakeBlank ... I did that on Sunday with the other phone ... Thanks for your help.
    2008-09-04 05:14 AM
    I have the same problem and have tried the above. I successfully unlocked and jailbroke the phone but the modem firmware wouldn't change. I went to ziphone to erase baseband and then restored to 1.1.4 but that still didn't work. I still have the 04.05.04. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    2008-09-05 10:58 PM
    I have the same problem and have tried the above. I successfully unlocked and jailbroke the phone but the modem firmware wouldn't change. I went to ziphone to erase baseband and then restored to 1.1.4 but that still didn't work. I still have the 04.05.04. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    My baseband did not downgrade untill I unlocked it using iLiberty. Be sure that you check the "downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9FakeBlank ..."
    2008-09-06 06:28 AM
    Thanks hollek, but poseidon79 helped me by clarifying to download kiphone and not ziphone. I followed his instructions and was able to get my iPhone unlocked and working on 2.0.2.
    2008-09-08 08:14 AM
    The link actually takes you to iphone-freak.com...

According to my guide... i'll cut and paste for you.

OK, you now have a phone with 1.1.4 Firmware and the 4.05.04 baseband. Now we have to downgrade the baseband

11. Download KiPhone
    *Unzip all files into a folder before you run the program or it will fail*
    12. Run KiPhone with Debug Boot and iErase options checked. (Leave the box for downgrade UNCHECKED)
    13. Plug your phone into iTunes and shift+click restore to 1.1.4 AGAIN. This will write the correct 4.04.05 baseband to you phone. (You may have to put your phone into recovery mode manually for iTunes to let you restore - hold power and home until the phone reboots - continue to hold until you see the iTunes logo)
    14. Your phone should now be factory 1.1.4 with the matching baseband - all you ha
    I need a little help if you could please... I downloaded the kiphone package, but I am not able to unzip it. It keeps telling me there is a folder that already exists w/ this name. I try to change the name of the destination, but it never gives me a true file to be able to open after that. I have a phone I sold to someone that was unlocked, & they took it upon themselves to back it up with other files & somehow screwed up the firmware & baseband. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva
    2008-10-29 12:13 AM
    HELP ME PLEASE!!!

IM STUCK!

ok i own the 1stg ipod touch with the 2.1 update.

i followed the jailbreaking sequence of youtube...
    install .net version 3.5...then
    install quick pwn....
    install firmware 2.1 for i-touch...
    then run and follow the commands.....
    .................................................. .........................
    i did all that but my ipod wont go to homepage it just shows the pineapple logo and the apple logo over and over no change...
    i turn it off and repeat the process of holding down the home button then both then home but this never seems to help

im stuck please help... email me
    [email protected]
    2008-10-29 12:20 AM
    HELP ME PLEASE!!!

IM STUCK!

ok i own the 1stg ipod touch with the 2.1 update.

i followed the jailbreaking sequence of youtube...
    install .net version 3.5...then
    install quick pwn....
    install firmware 2.1 for i-touch...
    then run and follow the commands.....
    i did all that but my ipod wont go to homepage it just shows the pineapple logo and the apple logo over and over no change...
    i turn it off and repeat the process of holding down the home button then both then home but this never seems to help

im stuck please help... email me
    [email protected]

DUDE why dont you try posting in the right place & you might get some answers...
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva
    2008-10-29 12:30 AM
    omg thank you this really works!
    i spent so long tryin to get my phone to work.
    2008-11-06 04:45 AM
    can please give me another link that DOES NOT direct me to Rapidshare to download kiphone? please help! im getting frustrated here cos i've searched through google and found no link other than rapidshare.. T_T much appreciated..!!
    2008-11-07 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD