I have AT&T and my apartment recently became a deadzone. I am thinking of switching to T-mobile. What functionality will I lose switching to T-mobile? Do you get unlimited internet on their plans?

Thanks
    2008-09-08 03:34 PM
    I have had T-mobile for 6 years. Just got a 2G about a month ago and running 2.0.2. I have total internet and it is a great phone with full functionality EXCEPT, signal strength indoors is really bad (never had such poor signal strength on T-mobile) even with the iPhone knock-off I had before I bought the real thing.
    2008-09-08 03:52 PM
    I had ATT(cingular) and T-mobile. T-mobile plan is cheaper (not necessarily better, I had better coverage with ATT) EDGE is pretty much the same (No 3G for iphone 3G). If you go with total internet plan, you won't notice the diffrence.
    I can't think of any reason that makes me wanna go back to ATT, their customer service sucks a$$ and I got charged double on many occasion. Avoid ATT like pest.
    2008-09-08 04:31 PM
    I have the original iphone. So no 3G. Good info so far thanks to all.
    2008-09-08 05:55 PM
    5.99 data plan is a pretty sweet deal, granted it's not as fast as the full internet plan, but it's 1/4 the cost.
    2008-09-08 09:01 PM
    I've been a T-mobile customer for around 7 years and I've never had a problem with anything that they do. Their plans are the cheapest around and in my area, coverage is superb, and even the add-ons are cheaper than any other plan. As far as the iPhone on T-mobile goes, here's what I have for you.

Pros:
    -Signal strength is high in all areas of use
    -Unlimited internet plan ($19.99) is fast and never has any downtime
    -No problems with customer support EVER.

Cons:
    -Never have I had a single problem with T-mobile and their coverage, support, or plans.
    2008-09-09 01:24 AM
    Im in Dallas, TX here's my 2 cents.

Pros:
    Customer Service - They actually care about retention. They really try their hardest to help you anyway they can. (they act human)

Coverage - With unlimited roaming and the ability to use everyone's towers anywhere you can go in the US you will have service, if not drive 1 - 5 miles and youll get it.
    I can count on one hand how many dropped calls ive had in 3 years!

Cost - Best prices (apples to apples of course) with the benefits of a major carrier, not like metro cell companies and other "generic" so to speak carriers. Their options are great and the add-ons are really tailorable, not just 2 plans take it or leave it.

Cons:
    They dont sell the iPhone, so any issues with the hardware are a little trickier to get around to resolve. But Ive returned 2 phones now without any issues, just had to lie a little. ("Oh no i left my other phone at home my sim card is in it!! Im sorry I dont have it with me can I activate the replacement phone at home?")

Their 3G network as of now is not compatible with AT&T's and is not compatible with the chipset of the 3G phone because of the frequency range.

Overall I am extremely happy with TMobile and I really will be a customer of their's for a long long time.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 2008-09-09 at 02:54 AM.
    2008-09-09 02:36 AM
    Coverage - With unlimited roaming and the ability to use everyone's towers anywhere you can go in the US you will have service, if not drive 1 - 5 miles and youll get it.
    I can count on one hand how many dropped calls ive had in 3 years!

I am truly glad you are having a good T-mobile/iPhone experience with regards to service. Service is good as it always has been outdoors BUT with the iPhone I have a horrible signal and sometimes no signal indoors! With all I love about the iPhone, have had it a month now, it would be nice if I could pull in a good signal in my own home. It is supposed to be a phone after all.........
    Last edited by sr852; 2008-09-09 at 05:01 AM. Reason: edit
    2008-09-09 05:00 AM
    Hey all of ya on the 2.0.2 firmware, what did you do to get the internet working? I have full data plan..was working on 2.0.1, but i upgraded, and now its no go...Yes ivve tried a lot!...Just wonderig what you did.
    2008-09-09 02:58 PM
    youtube dont work CON
    2008-09-09 05:43 PM
    i've been a tmobile customer for over 5 years as well... iphone user since january 1st gen iphone

pros, cheaper bill every month, good coverage, everything works, and YOU GET MMS WHEN SWIRLY WORKS lol

i got a promotion plan of 1000 any time minutes, unlimited nights/weekends for 39.99
    add tzones for 5.99 and add text for 15

get everything unlimited every month for 62 and some change plus great customer service, i never plan to switch
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-09-09 05:57 PM
    Anyone having problems with the total internet not working or going very slow? I'm running 1.1.4 any help thanks.
    2008-09-10 08:10 PM
    Ya I def have to agree with everyone I love my iPhone on T-mobile been a customer forever. But I dont have any problems with mine indoors I pretty much have full bars where ever I go. The only thing you cant do is visual voice mail. I mean wow I cant see whose voice mail I want to listen to first who cares. Hopefully youll choose Tmobile and and enjoy the relaxation on your wallet. look extra gas money haha.
    2008-09-11 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD