In case anyone wants to know before upgrading to firmware version 2.1, the Tzones hack from Cydia works great with the latest and greatest.
    (New EDGE icon of course)

I just tested with Safari and Maps. Youtube does not work (but when did it ever work over Tzones?). Also the continued issue with the first connection attempt not working that has been a problem with 2.0 since the beginning remains unfixed. (Just go to google twice)
    2008-09-13 08:25 PM
    the hack only works for jailbroken phones ? im a vista user and theres no jb yet
    2008-09-13 11:31 PM
    Yes it's only for jailbroken phones but with the discovery of the new apn (epc.tmobile.com) I see no need for the T-Zones hack unless, T-Mobile changes something on thier end. And youtube works with the new apn.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile
    2008-09-15 12:45 AM
    Yes it's only for jailbroken phones but with the discovery of the new apn (epc.tmobile.com) I see no need for the T-Zones hack unless, T-Mobile changes something on thier end. And youtube works with the new apn.
    im on vista but someone on modmyiphone posted up his customfirmware 2.1 and it works great i didnt install the tmobile hack this time i only entered epc.tmobile.com in my apn ... everything works great
    2008-09-15 01:12 AM
    What are the steps to applying the APN where exactly do you Put the APN??
    2008-09-15 08:02 AM
    What are the steps to applying the APN where exactly do you Put the APN??
    Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network. APN:epc.tmobile.com Username (blank) Password (blank)
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile
    2008-09-15 04:10 PM
    is that epc.tmobile.com apn any different, does it make the internet speed faster slower or what?

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x
    2008-09-16 04:50 AM
    epc apn is faster for me as i tested through iphonespeedtest.com
    BUT~ app store wouldnt work on it BUT~youtube does
    so .. wen i need the app store i enter wap.voicestream.com
    and when i need youtube i enter epc.tmobile.com
    and i have the tzones hack installed because wap.voicestream.com apn wouldnt work unless i had it installed for some reason
    2008-09-16 05:27 AM
    I can't seem to use cydia with the apn set as epc.tmobile.com. I get a whole bunch of errors saying the file does not exist in the directory when I try to download apps from cydia. Installer works fine though. Any ideas?
    2008-09-16 08:55 PM
    if you guys want to have the youtube capability, ill tell you mxtube and the new APN works like a charm!!! I can even watch the high quality videos or even download them in wifi setting and it works!!
    my internet connection and signal coverage has significantly increase since 2.1 and for some reason the APP store doesnt work, but i can live without it, just have to do it through the computer
    Last edited by GiGi's_iPhone; 2008-09-16 at 09:17 PM.
    2008-09-16 09:12 PM
    Hey guys, I am using iPhone 3G with i-Smartphone card (Black No Cut)
    I had FW 2.01 was working perfect with Tzone.
    Just before 2 days ago i updated to 2.1 my iPhone is not picking up the edge network, I tired both Apn wap and epc dont work I installed and reinstall Tzone hack.
    Even the E on the top dont show. What can i do? Check emails on the go is very important for me.. Please some one help...

Jail broken by Pwnage.. custom fw.
    2008-09-19 12:18 AM
    So if I update my iPhone with iTunes to 2.1 from 2.0.2 on a 2G the jailbroken status and unlocked status should remain intact?
    2008-09-19 12:59 AM
    try to up update your i-smartphone, from where you bought it? if it's original from Thnox dot com you can ask their support add them to msn and they will give you support, they claim that their unlock works on any OS. please can you tell me from where you got the sim unlock, I bought one from brando dot com waiting the shipment

Hey guys, I am using iPhone 3G with i-Smartphone card (Black No Cut)
    I had FW 2.01 was working perfect with Tzone.
    Just before 2 days ago i updated to 2.1 my iPhone is not picking up the edge network, I tired both Apn wap and epc dont work I installed and reinstall Tzone hack.
    Even the E on the top dont show. What can i do? Check emails on the go is very important for me.. Please some one help...

Jail broken by Pwnage.. custom fw.
    2008-09-26 07:37 PM
    I have the 2.1 upgrade on the 2g phone. I went to general,network, I do not have apn it is vpn. I did the tmobile hack does that have any thing to do with it. It does no work for me.
    2008-09-28 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.