Hi guys

I just tried Pandora over over EDGE (oh well over to modified $5.99 T-zone package) and work like a dream. At this point I'm an area with good coverage so results maybe different in other locations.

Anyway has anyone tested the "tolerance limits" from T-mobile regarding the data downloading? I was just thinking of using it as a radio while bike riding or driving... but I'm just thinking that I might end up with large amount of downloaded data at the end of the month
    2008-09-24 01:24 AM
    How did you modify your Tzones settings for it to work?
    Motorola V70, A630,
    T-Mobile (HTC) SDA, Dash, Wing
    Apple iPhone 2G, 3G
    Favorite: Samsung A117
    2008-09-24 03:51 AM
    Hi guys

I just tried Pandora over over EDGE (oh well over to modified $5.99 T-zone package) and work like a dream. At this point I'm an area with good coverage so results maybe different in other locations.

Anyway has anyone tested the "tolerance limits" from T-mobile regarding the data downloading? I was just thinking of using it as a radio while bike riding or driving... but I'm just thinking that I might end up with large amount of downloaded data at the end of the month
    Well, new G1's data limit is 1G but that's $25 3G plan.. I don't know about t-zone plan. I'm guess it's much lower than that.
    2008-09-24 04:03 AM
    Update: I just used it Pandora while driving in Malibu canyon - In this road there are 1-2 places where I'm usually getting disconnected - the FM radio is also bad there... anyway Pandora was working perfectly and didn't skip/stop even for a second!!! Just amazing!

Btw I didn't do anything to get the EDGE working, I just used the new setting for APN (epc.tmobile.com).
    2008-09-24 07:38 PM
    Update: I just used it Pandora while driving in Malibu canyon - In this road there are 1-2 places where I'm usually getting disconnected - the FM radio is also bad there... anyway Pandora was working perfectly and didn't skip/stop even for a second!!! Just amazing!

Btw I didn't do anything to get the EDGE working, I just used the new setting for APN (epc.tmobile.com).
    Have you done any network speed tests? I would be interested to know what the numbers are with the new setting. I can't do it myself as I am on the $19.99 plan and I know it will not work with it.
    2008-09-25 02:49 AM
    there faster, lik 3x faster then regular tzones. i use it regularly.

with wap. i was getting like 60-110kbps
    with the new epc. i am getting between 160-250kpbs on 5.99 tzones. but it varies.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-09-25 04:56 AM
    With the new or the old T-Zones trick, I'm always getting around 140-160kpbs.

Btw I just checked on T-Mobile's website and it seems that there is no download limit on T-Zones (probably thought that they don't need it due to the slow speed)...
    2008-09-25 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD