Hey all,

Because many people complained about existing methods for their 1.1.3 phones to get on T-Zones (the $5.99 plan) I wanted to clarify some things before I made the hack myself . Does the "T-Mobile 1.1.3 TZones Hack" by BigBoss actually work?? Also, is installing the hack the only thing I need to do to get T-Zones working (besides activating the service he he)?? If any of you have actually used the hack, does everything work? Like maps, youtube, mail, safari, weather, stocks, iTunes, installer?

Thanks a lot, I hope you guys reply.
    2008-03-01 07:31 AM
    yes just install the hack
    youtube and iTunes needs wifi, all the rest r working fine,
    yahoo is not pushing but when u check it it will revive the mail and sends eith no pplm
    2008-03-01 08:35 AM
    thanks for the reply buddy. Do you know how long it takes for T-Mobile to activate service? and does T-Zones give access to every site? I heard they restrict it to some...

...also, do i need to reset any network settings or anything else before or after i install the hack???? and if it doesnt work, does it do any damage?
    Last edited by bonecrusha818; 2008-03-01 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-01 09:14 AM
    You need to call T-mobile and have them add the 5.99 internet plan (T-zones). It could take up to an hour to work but it usually will kick in right away. This plan just consists of email and a couple of websites but with this hack installed you will have full internet. There will be no restrictions in terms of what websites you can and cannot visit. If you decide that you do not want it, just uninstall it at any time and your original settings will be restored. Once you have added the T-zones through T-mobile, install the T-mobile 1.1.3 TZones Hack (or whatever hack that is compatible with your current firmware) and than make sure you power off/on your iPhone. The hack will not become affective until your phone is turned off/on.

Also, T-mobile will try and tell you that the 5.99 T-zones internet will not work with the iPhone and that T-zones is only for certain phones, have them add it anyway. The plan isn't made for an iPhone, however, with this hack it is 100% compatible and then some.
    Last edited by kraziebone; 2008-03-01 at 11:50 AM.
    2008-03-01 11:46 AM
    You need to call T-mobile and have them add the 5.99 internet plan (T-zones). It could take up to an hour to work but it usually will kick in right away. This plan just consists of email and a couple of websites but with this hack installed you will have full internet. There will be no restrictions in terms of what websites you can and cannot visit. If you decide that you do not want it, just uninstall it at any time and your original settings will be restored. Once you have added the T-zones through T-mobile, install the T-mobile 1.1.3 TZones Hack (or whatever hack that is compatible with your current firmware) and than make sure you power off/on your iPhone. The hack will not become affective until your phone is turned off/on.

Also, T-mobile will try and tell you that the 5.99 T-zones internet will not work with the iPhone and that T-zones is only for certain phones, have them add it anyway. The plan isn't made for an iPhone, however, with this hack it is 100% compatible and then some.
    So say I just get an iPhone. In the box and everything. And that I don't have t-Mobile.

Can I just install the hack and start using it?

Do I have to have a T-Mobile SIM card in it to start using it?
    If not, do I need to sign up with T-Mobile and then add it on?
    I'm really just confused and I cant find a clear answer.
    2008-03-02 12:40 AM
    You will most definitely need to have T-Mobile service activated to that SIM card, whether prepaid or postpaid, to use any sort of T-Mobile services.
    2008-03-02 04:40 AM
    I tried all the different hacks and the Big Boss was the only one that actually worked. It took me like a minute to do it and it work like a charm, email, safari,weather, the only thing i cannot get to work is YouTube but its all good. If you dont have the service, just call tmobile and tell them u want the t zones (5.99) plan and they will add it to ur account, it will take like 30 minutes to activate but thats it.
    2008-03-03 04:18 PM
    There has to be a way for Youtube to work with this hack.
    2008-03-04 06:08 PM
    o wow, I need to pay for T-Zones and then use this hack.

I thought that the hack made T-Zones free.
    2008-03-04 09:40 PM
    no the hack does not make t-zones free. what it does is allows you to get unlimited (albeit slow) access to the internet over your cell phone signal for 6 bucks a months. normally data plans for internet over your cell signal, known as the "edge" network, are around $20 bucks a month. so no its not free, but its substantially cheaper than the legitimate data plan.

requisites include:
    1) t-mobile account and sim card with t-zones activated on account
    2) iphone running 1.1.3 jailbroken and sim unlocked (use ziphone)
    3) bigboss source installed from installer
    4) use bigbosses hack "tmobile t-sones hack" under tweaks 1.1.3 in installer

it totally works and its just as "fast" as the legitimate data package over edge (fast meaning its just as fast as other edge plans, which is not really very fast at all, clocked at 125 kbps)
    Last edited by fenderhm; 2008-03-20 at 08:11 PM.
    2008-03-20 07:55 PM
    I can atest I used the hack on my tmo prepaid plan, and I can get interent through edge for a limited number of websites (CNN. ESPN, ABC).
    2008-03-20 08:00 PM
    Good info - but my iphone is 1.1.4 and BigBoss (updated) hack says it's for 1.1.3. Any hope for 1.1.4? I have search almost everywhere.
    2008-03-27 11:26 PM
    try adding this source in installer, sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    2008-03-29 11:32 AM
    Good info - but my iphone is 1.1.4 and BigBoss (updated) hack says it's for 1.1.3. Any hope for 1.1.4? I have search almost everywhere.
    Works for both

try adding this source in installer, sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    My source is in community sources. No need to add anything.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-03-30 11:24 AM
    i have had trouble with this hack in Washington DC and Boston.
    2008-12-04 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD