User Tag List

I have recently posted about having to sign up for the web2go plan with 100mb of data for 9.99. They wouldn't allow for the t-zones package so I'm wondering how much data everyone uses and what do you pay? Being that this program is fairly new, I don't expect many people will have results yet for this plan yet. I've used my edge service a little, yet nothing has reflected on my billing statement. How much data do most of you guys use each month? And what data plan are you on?
    2008-12-09 02:31 AM
    you've downloaded the 2.2 firmware and you're still unlocked?

could you please tell me how? did you purchase one of those newer sim card adapters?
    2008-12-09 04:26 AM
    I don't have a 3g, I have a 2g. I used Quickpwn to unlock it and it took some messing around to get the internet to work. As a side question, what are your speeds on edge? My best speed on EDGE was 205dl and 22ul, but it seems to average at about 160ish. The awesome thing is that my T-mobile bill has reflected no internet/data use so the 100mb limit is basically for nothing.
    2008-12-11 01:38 AM
    I don't have a 3g, I have a 2g. I used Quickpwn to unlock it and it took some messing around to get the internet to work. As a side question, what are your speeds on edge? My best speed on EDGE was 205dl and 22ul, but it seems to average at about 160ish. The awesome thing is that my T-mobile bill has reflected no internet/data use so the 100mb limit is basically for nothing.
    I have the webtogo 100mb as well and there is no usage chart on my bill either.
    2008-12-11 03:01 AM
    im pretty sure you dont get the usage statement until your first bill someone can correct me if im wrong but im almost sure of that
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-12-11 03:03 AM
    I got my 2G last week and I am still using my 19.99 unlimited data blackberry plan. I average 210 Upload and 70 Download. My data usage on the online statistics has not changed since I switched.

Does anyone know what the UL & DL speeds are on the 3G AT&T network?

BTW, if you haven't found it, this is a great site to test your speed:

iNetwork Test for iPhone - Web Edition
    2008-12-11 02:31 PM
    Thanks cricket, Here I've been just using edge like crazy because I didn't think it was being reflected on my bill, but now I'll be more cautious. Still nothing on my t-mobile usage online though.

I just talked to a tmobile rep, and he said that web2go didn't give users internet access, rather just access to the web2go services. He also said that my account didn't reflect me having any data usage. So either there is a glitch in tmobile's system not recording my data usage, or the apn I'm using is giving me free internet. Anyone have any idea about this? I guess the better question is if your data usage shows up on your bill? I'm wondering if I'd still have access if I cancelled the service???
    Last edited by Sherman Banks; 2008-12-12 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-12-12 02:04 AM
    Thanks cricket, Here I've been just using edge like crazy because I didn't think it was being reflected on my bill, but now I'll be more cautious. Still nothing on my t-mobile usage online though.

I just talked to a tmobile rep, and he said that web2go didn't give users internet access, rather just access to the web2go services. He also said that my account didn't reflect me having any data usage. So either there is a glitch in tmobile's system not recording my data usage, or the apn I'm using is giving me free internet. Anyone have any idea about this? I guess the better question is if your data usage shows up on your bill? I'm wondering if I'd still have access if I cancelled the service???
    Ya im starting to think the same thing. I think one of us should just take it off and see what happens
    2008-12-12 04:02 AM
    do you guys still get 0mb usage on tmobile's website? i am seeing no usage on my tmobile too, but i have been using edge for a week now.
    2009-01-06 07:44 AM
    Still no usage reported on the website. T-mobile reps couldn't even find my phone on the network to investigate how to get it set up with a proper plan, but web2go is working fine for me now. I was even getting service without the plan, although there would be times edge wouldn't work and it always was when I wasn't around free wifi. I have my first billing cycle with w2g coming up so we'll see what my data usage is.
    2009-01-07 12:37 AM
    i am using my sidekick data that i had for 19.99

my net works unlimited btw

and unlimited texting
    2009-01-07 03:12 AM
    Web plans for T-Mobile are a mistery.

I've been trying to get T-Zones with no luck so far and sometimes the rep offers me web2go and says the $9.99 plan is unlimited, other times they say it has a 50MB limit... it is just a mess...

They have already upped their prices recently, I guess it will not take long until they start improving the usage system for people using iPhones, guess they don't like "iPhoners" as much as we thought they did.
    2009-01-07 03:06 PM
    The reps around my area(suburb of Chicago)are ignorant and don't have a clue. I recently signed up for edge service, and was shown a list of plans which "may" work for my iPhone. I chose the shadow plan, upon conclusion of looking at the plans offered. The plan I chose includes unlimited text messaging, and 50kb. I have had it for about a week now, seems to work fine, although it is very slow on edge network. I ran a comparison of network speeds using both wifi and edge, and wifi was about 11 times faster. Checked to see if usage shows up, and thus far it has not.
    2009-01-10 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD