I just unlocked my iPhone 2G on 2.2.

I'm trying to figure out how to get edge to work.
    I downloaded the tzones hack (i have tzones 5.99 plan)
    I Also downloaded the carrier bundle for US.

It still doesn't work. i tried to follow directions to edit the APN but I couldn't. I can't get the edge settings to show up under settings > general > network

Anybody know?
    2009-01-30 07:20 AM
    Well, first off, you really don't need the tzones hack anymore. If you like it fine, it'll work either way. I have never downloaded the carrier bundle either.

Assuming that you are in error (doesn't sound like you are) the APN: epc.tmobile.com should be input under settings> general> network> cellular data network. I don't see why you shouldn't have this option available to you though.

Also, make sure you have first subscribed to tzones (duh), and waited the grace period of 48hrs (often less time) for it to be activated.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2009-01-30 08:32 AM
    with the T-Zone hack, you cannot search in youtube. But without it you could! Just need to enter the APN, thats it. You good to go.
    2009-01-30 11:24 AM
    when you jailbreak and unlock the phone, make sure you have you t-mobile sim card in there.
    2009-01-30 04:39 PM
    Well, first off, you really don't need the tzones hack anymore. If you like it fine, it'll work either way. I have never downloaded the carrier bundle either.

Assuming that you are in error (doesn't sound like you are) the APN: epc.tmobile.com should be input under settings> general> network> cellular data network. I don't see why you shouldn't have this option available to you though.

Also, make sure you have first subscribed to tzones (duh), and waited the grace period of 48hrs (often less time) for it to be activated.
    Having the T-mobile US carrier hack installed removes the option to edit your APN under network settings. Uninstall the package, respring your phone and it should reappear. With the newer unlocking tools, you really don't have to do anything to your phone to get edge working. Get a data plan, plug in an apn and go.
    2009-01-30 07:21 PM
    ^^^^Ahh, that would be why. Good call.^^^^
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2009-01-30 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD