When I go into the store, and setup a 3 line Family Plan, Month to Month with no contract, what kind of phone should I tell them for the WebtoGo? Obviously not an Iphone, but wondering what I should say so that they will setup the account correctly? I assume once I leave the store, I just pop the sim into my jailbroken 2G, and change the APN?
    2009-02-07 03:19 AM
    We have a 3 line Family Plan and TMobile could care less if we have iphones. Actually the lady at the store noticed I had an Iphone and thought it was cool. Wanted to know how she could get one and about how much it cost (this was at an actual company store, not franchise). Everyone I have spoken with at Tmobile when I call 611 from the Iphone, just says I see you have an Iphone and they actually try to find someone who knows the codes and tricks for an Iphone(try that with ATT!).

What I did with Tmobile is just signed up for the voice section of the plan in the store. Then when I got home the next day I added web2go to the lines I wanted online. They have me down as having some samsung phone. Does not matter because online you can always change your phone to get the web2go option.
    Jill
    2009-02-07 04:24 AM
    Jill,

Thanks allot for input. It's helpful to hear from someone who went through the process.

Can I get some advice on unlocking the iPhone with T-Mobile in mind?

I just purchased a 1 month old 2G, which was used with ATT. I have found several guides, but they don't really make it clear if I should follow them with the T-Mobile sim in the phone during the process, or if it matters. They kind of just end with, 'your phone is now unlocked!' I was hoping to hear from someone who followed the guides, and what they did to get it working with T-Mobile.

Here is some pretty straight forward guides I was thinking of following, using the latest 2.2.1 update.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykFWDJPo_7E]YouTube - Jailbreak & Unlock 2.2.1 iPhone 2g, 3g, and iPod Touch[/ame]

Thanks again for your help!
    Last edited by applejunkie; 2009-02-07 at 06:53 AM.
    2009-02-07 06:50 AM
    I used the I-clarified tutorial and quickpwn (PC). I always leave the sim out until the process is complete. Super easy and fast.
    Jill
    2009-02-07 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD