I need help with Tzone Hack.
    I tried to download Tzone Hack using Cydia but i don't see that in the list or anywhere. i scrolled thru the whole thing and event the search didn't come back.
    so i removed Cydia and reinstalled it but nothing. triple checked Bigboss sourece address and it lists everything but Tzone Hack. someone plz help
    2009-02-07 06:55 AM
    It is no longer there, since now it does nothing from I have seen.

Use the new APN epc.tmobile.com
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848
    2009-02-07 10:28 PM
    What tmobile web plan do you use?
    2009-02-07 10:32 PM
    It is no longer there, since now it does nothing from I have seen.
    Use the new APN epc.tmobile.com
    Not entirely correct. iPhone users that have T-Mobile PrePaid (no plan) and have no data service are able to use the very limited T-Zones through the Proxy hack. T-Mobile PrePaid branded phones have this capability, so nobody is stealing a service for free.

I have an iPhone 3G and T-Mobile Prepaid. Using the BigBoss TZones Hack, I am able to access a few websites (no e-mail) like CNN, ESPN, and ABC News. It's very limited but better than nothing. If I remove BigBoss's TZones Hack and change my APN to epc.tmobile.com, I lose access to the limited web sites that I had access to. iPhone T-Mobile PrePaid (non plan) users must use wap.voicestream.com and the TZone Hack.

So I hope BigBoss adds the TZone Hack back into his Cydia repository. If it doesn't, does anyone have the DEB package so the TZone Hack can be installed through apt-get? I believe it is called tzones_2.deb.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-02-18 at 09:21 AM.
    2009-02-18 09:15 AM
    a quick google search yielded

http://iphonebigboss.com/repo/repofi...0/tzones_2.deb

I can save the file but i have no idea how to load it on the iphone using apt-get
    2009-02-18 08:33 PM
    Hi fivil,

Thanks for locating the DEB package for the TZone Hack. I have left thanks for you. Here are instructions for installing tzones_2.deb package using apt-get.

Install WinSCP and putty (SSH)

1. Download / install WinSCP and Putty (SSH)

WinSCP SourceForge.net: WinSCP: Downloading ...

Putty http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/.../x86/putty.exe

2. Install 'openssh' in Cydia and and restart your phone. (Only necessary if 'openssh' is not installed).

Copy tzones_2.deb using WinSCP

1. Open WinSCP and enter your iPhone's IP address and username root and password alpine. Connect to your iPhone.

2. Change the path to: /private/var/cache/apt/archives and copy tzones_2.deb to this location.

Install tzones_2.deb using putty (ssh)

1. Open Putty (SSH) and enter your iPhone's IP address username root and password alpine.

2. Connect to iPhone, opening an SSH terminal window.

3. Change the path to:

# cd /private/var/cache/apt/archives

4. Install Tzone Hack

# apt-get install tzones_2.deb
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-02-19 at 12:38 AM.
    2009-02-18 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD