User Tag List

Is there anyway to get that without a sidekick?
    2009-02-08 03:33 AM
    Refer to this post: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post3236771
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave
    2009-02-08 08:54 AM
    Im not talking about that.
    I want to get a sidekick plan without a sidekick
    2009-02-09 01:49 AM
    Im not talking about that.
    I want to get a sidekick plan without a sidekick
    Trust me. You can activate a prepaid SIM with a Sidekick plan without ever owning or having to buy a Sidekick. I have done this, as well as other members on this forum, on [ame="http://howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=12146534&postcount=17"]HowardForums[/ame], and other T-Mobile related forums.

You can buy a prepaid starter kit online (or over the phone) and activate it (the kit has instructions on activating the prepaid SIM) with a Sidekick prepaid plan... all without having any kind of cell phone in your possession. The activation systems do not involve interactions by Customer Care reps or any human on T-Mobile's end. It's just like setting up your voicemail or any sort of email account, comparatively.

Plus, you can buy the SIM at a store without having to buy a SK device... the caveat is reps want to sell you a device too (when you don't produce one to use at checkout) since they get commission for phone sales and service activations (dear lord, these reps are worse than Circuit City w.r.t. commission sales).

Reread my post, and you'll see I said that I claimed to have a sidekick when in fact I didn't have one (I lied and said it was 'at home' to reps). I managed to get the SIM and Sidekick data plan, all without buying, owning, or borrowing a Sidekick.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2009-02-09 at 09:30 AM. Reason: emphasis
    2009-02-09 08:52 AM
    Tmobile
    So i would just have to oorder that right?
    Then active it over the phone or online?
    Last edited by Sk8r789456; 2009-02-09 at 08:27 PM.
    2009-02-09 08:13 PM
    Tmobile
    So i would just have to oorder that right?
    Then active it over the phone or online?
    Yep. That's exactly how you can do it.
    2009-02-11 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD