It worked For me I called them and said them that i am going to cancel the account because u dont have tzone 5.99 any more and i am the customer for 3 years.she said let me try to add and after a min she did for me (5.99plan)
    2009-05-17 12:28 PM
    said i was going to cancel, it was added to my account in 15 seconds.
    2009-05-17 05:08 PM
    said i was going to cancel, it was added to my account in 15 seconds.
    Same Here
    2009-05-17 05:48 PM
    I'm going to try to do this, I know I keep saying it, but I'mma actually try.
    2009-05-18 06:27 PM
    The problem for me is that I have a grandfathered TmobileWeb ($5.99), but ever since I had my account suspended for a month and then reestablished, the speed of epc.tmobile.com has been throttled back from EDGE to typical GPRS speeds.

What can I do?
    2009-06-15 11:54 PM
    hey guys. This is my first post on here, My first attempt went wrong. . .

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You have been connected to Brittany G.
    Brittany G: Hi Stanley , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m Brittany and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    Brittany G: For your reference, my ID number is 703213424.
    Stanley Valle: HI Brittany
    Stanley Valle: Thank you
    Brittany G: I do apologize. TZUNL599 is no longer available. Web2Go for $9.99 or for 19.99 has replaced T-Zones. T-Mobile’s new home page for mobile web is web2go. Web2go offers ‘More Sites’ links which were previously offered on the T-Mobile Web page with new ability to customize the home page. Web2Go has replaced T-Zones. Shall I add this new feature to your account today?
    Stanley Valle: well this is kind of disappointing
    Stanley Valle: the previous rep said she could add it
    Stanley Valle: that was before my connection got cut
    Brittany G: Let me look at what she said Stanley.
    Brittany G: I looked at your account notes. I see this is the first time you contacted us today.
    Stanley Valle: well i do not know what to say because i did "chat" with a rep earlier today in the morning before my connection went down.
    Brittany G: I guess she did not leave any notes. I do apologize.
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

yeah she straight out just closed the session on me . . .
    And i tried going for it again. . . and just my luck. i get the same
    representative. YAY!

Round 2 with Brittany:

All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
    You are currently at position number 2 in the queue.
    You have been connected to Brittany G.
    Brittany G: Hi Stanley , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m Brittany and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    Brittany G: For your reference, my ID number is 703213424.
    Brittany G: I do apologize. TZUNL599 is no longer available. Web2Go for $9.99 or for 19.99 has replaced T-Zones. T-Mobile’s new home page for mobile web is web2go. Web2go offers ‘More Sites’ links which were previously offered on the T-Mobile Web page with new ability to customize the home page. Web2Go has replaced T-Zones.
    Stanley Valle: well im just wondering how another rep was able to provide me this promo?
    Brittany G: I do not know, I do apologize. I was checking the account, and I don not see any notes from this morning.
    Stanley Valle: well i really do not know either
    Brittany G: I do apologize about that Stanley.
    Stanley Valle: so there is no way to access this promo. not even if you tried putting it in?
    Brittany G: It is not even in the list of features that we can add.
    Brittany G: It has been removed.
    Stanley Valle: really? well my friend just added this feature not more than two weeks ago.
    Stanley Valle: he called in though
    Brittany G: We cannot add the feature anymore. It has been removed from our list of features.
    Stanley Valle: thanks.

any advice?
    2009-07-14 01:47 AM
    My wife was able to add $5.99 T-MobileWeb yesterday by saying that her husband had it, that he had recently switched to AT&T (true), and that by giving it to her, there was a chance that she and her husband would subscribe to a T-Mobile family plan. They even got a supervisor to change the cost from $9.99 to $4.99.

But here's the rub: my wife has no data access. epc.tmobile.com doesn't work. When she opens Safari and tries to visit a site, she's invited to upgrade to the $24.99 plan.

So has anyone recently added T-MobileWeb or Web2Go for under $10 and succeeded in getting data access? If so, via which APN?
    2009-07-14 02:49 PM
    My wife was able to add $5.99 T-MobileWeb yesterday by saying that her husband had it, that he had recently switched to AT&T (true), and that by giving it to her, there was a chance that she and her husband would subscribe to a T-Mobile family plan. They even got a supervisor to change the cost from $9.99 to $4.99.

But here's the rub: my wife has no data access. epc.tmobile.com doesn't work. When she opens Safari and tries to visit a site, she's invited to upgrade to the $24.99 plan.

So has anyone recently added T-MobileWeb or Web2Go for under $10 and succeeded in getting data access? If so, via which APN?
    Try wap.voicestream.com- that's what the other sites say on here is working for TZones.

Can someone confirm TZones is still working as of Jul 12, 2009? I have the $9.99 web2go and I'm being redirected to the "wipco" page. They say servers are down but I think I may need a new solution soon.

Also, what's the speed of TZones? My internet2.voicestream.com connection was impressively quick for EDGE and I'd like to keep the same speed if possible.

Thanks!
    2009-07-15 12:32 AM
    Try wap.voicestream.com- that's what the other sites say on here is working for TZones.

Can someone confirm TZones is still working as of Jul 12, 2009? I have the $9.99 web2go and I'm being redirected to the "wipco" page. They say servers are down but I think I may need a new solution soon.

Also, what's the speed of TZones? My internet2.voicestream.com connection was impressively quick for EDGE and I'd like to keep the same speed if possible.

Thanks!
    I can confirm tzones working and i have no issues with the speed. I use epc.tmobile.com but have the option to use wap.voicestream.com. Both work equally as well.
    2009-07-15 12:38 AM
    I can confirm tzones working and i have no issues with the speed. I use epc.tmobile.com but have the option to use wap.voicestream.com. Both work equally as well.
    Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try to get it switched over. I just enter the APN into my settings, right? There's another sticky that says I need to download some hack from cydia that's only for older firmwares, yeah?

Thanks for all the help!

UPDATE: Tried chatting with an online rep with customer service. They stonewalled me, basically, and said I have the "correct data plan" with web2go. I gave them the code and even said I was already promised the promotion several days ago- I was an exception because of my customer loyalty. "Jennifer D" responded that Customer Loyalty is a separate department and can do more. Anyone not getting TZones- try calling Customer Care and asking for the customer loyalty dpet/discount.
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2009-07-15 at 01:23 AM.
    2009-07-15 12:41 AM
    spoke to 2 agents on the phone. typed with 2 people online live chat.

lowest webplan is $24.99 the $5.99 is "grandfathered"(not available anymore) i gave them the "TZUNL599" promo code. still not available, blah blah blah

what a crap.

if anyone has recently gotten this plan please write me.

I even treatened to goto another carrier the guy said sorry if you feel that way but that plan is not offered. and i have been with Tmobile since 99' so 10years customer.

WTF.!!

Doesnt WORK!
    2009-07-16 07:21 PM
    Well fortunately i have no need to downgrade my Smartphone Data and Text plan. So i will be sticking with my service as is. Hopefully they don't discover what is going on, since we have hundreds of people doing the same thing.

If they do, i would expect them to not say anything and just surprise everyone with a $20 increase on there bills.

Good luck to all. Just don't go getting upset if they "fix" it!

Sherms
    2009-07-17 01:55 PM
    thats what i think happened, thousands or more people were calling in or live chatting and giving them all the promo code and whammo no more 5.99 for iphone peeps. oh well. sucks but what can u do. just have to pay the 24.99 for it now. until they open up a new promo.

so noone has recently done this correct, May-July todate????
    2009-07-17 03:37 PM
    Guess since no one replied recently that no one was able to add it recently. I've been with tmobile awhile and they claim they consider me a loyal customer (I am... Was) so if my sidekick plan doesn't have a hack soon then I might as well try for t-zones. I'll leave feedback if I'm lucky or not and exactly what I did / said/ didn't say.
    2009-08-10 02:18 PM
    Guess since no one replied recently that no one was able to add it recently. I've been with tmobile awhile and they claim they consider me a loyal customer (I am... Was) so if my sidekick plan doesn't have a hack soon then I might as well try for t-zones. I'll leave feedback if I'm lucky or not and exactly what I did / said/ didn't say.
    My wife was able to add it in July.
    2009-08-10 08:52 PM
    I was unsuccessful with it. Used the same opening and then entered the chat session:

You are currently at position number 17 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
    You are currently at position number 10 in the queue.
    The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
    You are currently at position number 6 in the queue.
    You are currently at position number 4 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
    You are currently at position number 3 in the queue.
    You have been connected to ~Sherry E.
    Thomas Tierney: Hello Sherry
    ~Sherry E: Hi Thomas , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m ~Sherry 13 20169 and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    ~Sherry E: How are you today?
    Thomas Tierney: Good thank you, and yourself?
    ~Sherry E: I am fine. Thank you for asking.
    ~Sherry E: I see that you would like to add the Tzones to your account for $5.99 is that correct
    Thomas Tierney: yes, thats correct
    ~Sherry E: Thomas, I will be delighted to assist you here today.
    Thomas Tierney: Thank you Sherry
    ~Sherry E: May I please have the name of the rep that you were talking to please?
    Thomas Tierney: I thought it was Norisza but I am not sure on the spelling
    Thomas Tierney: It was last month. Then reviewing my recent statement, I noticed it wasnt changed.
    ~Sherry E: One moment as I research the account.
    ~Sherry E: Thomas, I am sorry that we are not able to add that feature any longer as our system no longer recognizes that code.
    ~Sherry E: Our new data features are $24.99 and $34.99.
    Thomas Tierney: I was told she could add the tzone feature for $5.99 as opposed to the $19.99 plan I currently have
    Thomas Tierney: if it is no longer available, why would she give me the code used, etc?
    ~Sherry E: I am sorry, but that feature can no longer be added. I am sorry if you were provided with incorrect information.
    Thomas Tierney: Do you know when you guys stopped doing it
    Thomas Tierney: Is there a 'chat' supervisior that I could possibly speak with in regards to this situation.
    ~Sherry E: We stopped T-zones back in May.
    Thomas Tierney: And there's no way to possibly enter that code to give a long time customer that rate plan even though a previous rep told him he would have it?
    Thomas Tierney: i dont find it fair being the error was not on my end and I have to lose out due to someone elses mistake
    ~Sherry E: I do apologize, but there is no way to enter that code as the system says it is no longer available. Even a supervisor can not add it.
    Thomas Tierney: Thank you for your time
    Thomas Tierney: I realize this isnt your problem but I am really unsatisfied with the resolution of this situation.
    ~Sherry E: I am sorry to see that.
    ~Sherry E: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
    ~Sherry E: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat, and thanks for being part of our family.
    Thank you for using our online help. You may now close this window.
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

It worked For me I called them and said them that i am going to cancel the account because u dont have tzone 5.99 any more and i am the customer for 3 years.she said let me try to add and after a min she did for me (5.99plan)
    I might just try this!
    Last edited by ToasterBoyOhFour; 2009-08-20 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-20 08:40 PM
    I want to add the 5.99 onto my line. Will this work if another line already has the 5.99, but we are on the same contract?
    2009-08-27 11:36 PM
    i try no luck 6 years with tmobile i am ready to switch to att 3g speed is better
    2009-08-28 12:05 AM
    you need to talk to the loyalty dept and tell them u just needed a cheap way to check your email on the go and u want the t-zones 5.99 they will ask u to sign a 1 year contract and if youre out of contract like i was and they will then add the t-zones
    2009-08-28 12:59 PM
    I have to say I've been trying for weeks on and off then the other day during the outage I called a few times no love but they did lower my family time text to 9.99 then later on that evening around 8:00 central time I called in and had a very calm discussion with a rep joked a little at first then just said
    Well here's the thing and I've been at this for a bit today but I just came from dinner with some friends who called in today and using the code TZUNL599 and what's really killing me here isn't just the fact that you guy want me to pay more but that I now have to have these guys rubbing it in btw they all switched to TMO because of me so I've been on at least a month longer than all of them.
    Yes I use the iPhone but I also use other phones on our lines as well we switch depending on what we're doing like when I'm out fishing etc I even joked about y'know checking the weather when you're in the middle of the woods or other stuff heh heh as we were chatting he confirmed my code and said that's for tzones right I agreed and 2 minutes later both of my lines had the 5.99 plan and I kept the 9.99 text plan
    The next day I had lunch with a friend and he added it for his iPhone as well he called in after lunch used my number to prove it was added yesterday and then went so far as to say "Y'know I've been on two weeks less than Mike has I'd like that 9.99 text plan also they gave it to him lol
    BTW I started my conversaton with I need to be transferred to customer loyalty he had said oh may I help and I said my friends who I just came back from dinner with said I have to call into customer loyalty and get supervisor the story goes from there
    Good Luck folks
    I had a bad experience with customer retention the first time as well but this actually worked with a rep in nashvill who mentioned southern hospitality
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

2009-08-29 04:47 AM
233 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD