3g unrestrictor in Cydia permits any wifi only app to work in cellular data. So yes, it would work. Many 3G users use VOIP over cellular data by using this metod

Anyways, good luck in whatever method you choose
    good to know!
    2010-04-19 08:33 PM
    I just jail broke an iPhone 3G and unlocked it to work on tmobile. I am on a prepaid plan. Do I have any options for getting edge data? Obviously I'm interested in the cheapest option (I.e 5.99 pr 9.99 are probably most I would pay). Thanks
    Last edited by eyaln; 2010-06-30 at 03:57 AM.
    2010-06-30 03:50 AM
    I have the $5.99 t-zones plan and an iPhone 3Gs.

I followed the instructions to modify the proxy.pac and preferences.plist and copied them to my iPhone.

Tried APNs:
    wap.voicestream, internet2.voicestream, and epc.tmobile.com

DID NOT WORK for me.
    Is T-Mobile now blocking t-zones on iPhones?

If you have an iPhone running t-zones, please confirm for me.
    2011-02-02 08:22 AM
    Well, not to go on, but once again, you had said that T-mobile charges $40 for data as a service (meaning internet alone IN ADDITION to a voice plan). Which is still wrong. The $40 you talk above INCLUDE voice, text and data, which is unheard of in other carriers for that price (on a plan that supports the iPhone). Of course you're not going to find a $9.99 or $15 internet only plan without a voice plan. Even AT&T charges the $15 with a voice plan. And I wouldn't suggest using any VOIP apps over EDGE, as it is extremely slow and will not work. I get max of 20Kb/s, which is not fast enough to support live VOIP.
    update: i did finally get a 3GS, but the game has drastically changed. For instance, for $40, (plus $150 for the device) you can get monthly 3G unlimited data from Virgin Mobile, the cheapest I've seen so far since everyone else is capping/throttling at 5GB. The drawback is that it is only on the Virgin/Sprint network and doesn't have any roaming (and I suspect they, too do some throttling since the service is not reliable, at best).

In addition, T-Mo seems to have done some recent modifications to the network (perhaps b/c of the 4G upgrades?) that now prohibit me from buying the $1.99 (Edge speeds) Day pass which is what I have been doing for some months now.

Any suggestions? That $40 talk/data plan is looking better now, assuming they still offer it and don't cap/throttle....
    2011-02-02 05:17 PM
    I have the $5.99 t-zones plan and an iPhone 3Gs.

I followed the instructions to modify the proxy.pac and preferences.plist and copied them to my iPhone.

Tried APNs:
    wap.voicestream, internet2.voicestream, and epc.tmobile.com

DID NOT WORK for me.
    Is T-Mobile now blocking t-zones on iPhones?

If you have an iPhone running t-zones, please confirm for me.
    bump
    2011-02-06 01:23 AM
    My family still has 2 iPhones on T-Mobile (3G and 3GS)

1 is T-Zones, and the other is Web2Go

Both work perfect. APN for T-Zones is epc.tmobile.com and the Web2Go is internet2.voicestream.com
    2011-02-09 02:32 AM
    My family still has 2 iPhones on T-Mobile
    (3G and 3GS)

1 is T-Zones, and the other is Web2Go

Both work perfect. APN for T-Zones is epc.tmobile.com and the Web2Go is internet2.voicestream.com
    Does T-Mobile know you are using iPhones?
    I think I may have to call them and tell them I'm using an old phone that is compatible with T-Zones.. I've tried everything.

They know I'm using an iPhone.
    2011-02-09 02:56 AM
    Does T-Mobile know you are using iPhones?
    I think I may have to call them and tell them I'm using an old phone that is compatible with T-Zones.. I've tried everything.

They know I'm using an iPhone.
    AFAIK, T-Mobile only knew about 1 iPhone on that plan, although 2 out of 3 lines on that plan are using iPhones. The "known" line has the $5.99 T-Zones

My mom had a great idea to take her iPhone to T-Mobile when it wasn't getting service.

The data never stopped working, but I called them to review the bill (wasn't related to data or the iPhone) and the rep wanted to switch the data plan since it was noted my mom's line was using an iPhone. Explained that the iPhone was a piece of ****, and it didn't work right, so I switched back to the old razr. She wanted the IMEI of the Razr, so I gave her the IMEI of my Razr. Then proceeded to make some chit chat about the myTouch and how I should upgrade to it since it had more features than the iPhone. Told her no thanks, thanks for the help and hung up.

The SIM never left the iPhone, and its still being used.
    2011-02-10 08:11 AM
    I need to find an IMEI number for a T-Zones compatible phone..
    Razr's are t-zones compatible? I am sure I can find a friend with a Razr.
    2011-02-10 02:37 PM
    I need to find an IMEI number for a T-Zones compatible phone..
    Razr's are t-zones compatible? I am sure I can find a friend with a Razr.
    Yeah, it doesn't have to specifically say T-Zones.
    2011-02-11 02:59 PM
    Yeah, it doesn't have to specifically say T-Zones.
    I think that they block T-Zones access if they know you are using a smartphone.

I found an old Nokia 6103b which uses T-Zones for all data.
    Tonight I'll be giving T-Mobile a call and, because they refuse to admit that T-Zones is compatible with an iPhone for data transfer, I will refuse to admit that i am not replacing my iPhone with a Nokia 6103.

Let you guys know how this goes after I get off the phone with them.
    2011-02-11 06:18 PM
    I called into T-Mobile and attempted to change my registered phone.
    The process still did not work.. I have purchased their $15 internet..

I get a 30 day free trial, and then I will only have 3 months left on my contract.
    I guess I'll stick this out for 3 months and switch carriers for the iPhone 5...
    2011-02-13 06:21 PM
    I want to confirm that I have gotten T-Zones $5.99 to work on a iPhone 3G, iOS 3.1.2.

My 3Gs running 4.1 did not work, but when I switched out the SIM into the 3G, I was able to access the internet. I used the Blackra1n and Ultrasnow.
    2011-02-15 03:55 AM
233 ... 2101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD