No problem. Glad to see that it worked. Thanks for the thank, Not alot of people remember to do that.
    2009-03-22 04:54 AM
    I am about to buy an iPhone, and am going to try this because ATT is excruciatingly expensive.

So I will have to add, say, the $29.99 Individual Basic voice plan, and then do this?

Can I say "She added the $9.99 tzones pro, and I went online and canceled it. Can you please add ______________" Or do I really have to add like a 39.99 plan and have THEM cancel it, and that add tzones?
    Because all of these discussions have them cancelling a higher priced plan, and THEN adding Tzones.

Sorry if I'm unclear.
    2009-03-22 07:19 PM
    I did not have a data plan before I added the $5.99 T-Zones.

Note that this feature is 'not supposed to be available anymore'.

You will have to get them the code posted in this thread for them to be able to give it to you. What I would do if I were you would be to sign up then say the rep you talked to last time said if you switched to T-mobile you could get T-Zones for $5.99 and give them the code for it. You do not have to get a higher data plan first.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.
    2009-03-22 08:56 PM
    This will work with any voice plan, it doesnt matter. Just sign up for a voice plan, NO data. and then contact online chat, and add Tzones for data.
    2009-03-22 10:40 PM
    Thanks for the support guys.

One more question...all I really need is a data plan for my iPhone once I get it. I'm looking to pay under $40/month. So I was going to do the $29.99 plan, and then add the TZones. If this for some reason doesn't work, can I completely cancel the voice plan, and add the Total Internet Data plan? Is this possible?

Thanks!
    Last edited by eff3ctz; 2009-03-23 at 12:10 AM.
    2009-03-23 12:06 AM
    It should work as long as you do the switch soon
    2009-03-23 12:23 AM
    But just incase as a backup plan, could I always call up Tmobile and cancel my voice plan, and just add the Total Internet plan?

Thanks for all the answers - I'm clueless. This will be my first cell phone in a LONG time.
    2009-03-23 12:52 AM
    Data by itself, without a voiceplan is $44.99. Thats unlimited data and 400txts.
    2009-03-23 12:56 AM
    Data by itself, without a voiceplan is $44.99. Thats unlimited data and 400txts.
    On TMobile's website, Total Internet Plan is $39.99.

Thanks again for all of your help, Joe.
    2009-03-23 01:02 AM
    Sorry, you are correct.
    2009-03-23 01:06 AM
    Hello,

I'm new here (just registered to post this, really) but wanted to let you know that I just attempted this and was successful, thanks to you guys.

In both cases I didn't say anything about the wrong data getting added, just that nothing showed up. My first attempt (with Maria L.) was a failure, as she said it wasn't available and wasn't compatible with my rate plan.

My second attempt (using the same backstory blurb, adapted from the one in the OP's post), resulted in the same first few responses, so I was nervous, but this time the gentleman promptly added it.

It was Adolfo A, who the OP had -- so if you get him, I think you're in luck.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for your help. I was planning on borrowing an old handset and calling 611 from it, but this was even simpler. Note that I did change my phone on the site to an older Nokia (though this may not have been necessary) but obviously didn't actually make any calls on any such phone -- the last use on my account was from a G1, which I promptly put my SIM back into and turned back on after confirming the T-Zones had been added.

Interestingly, it seems a little less simple to configure a G1 on T-Zones than an iPhone...but whatever. On the other hand, I haven't done any scientific tests, but I definitely get the 3g icon on it and it seems a good bit faster than when I'm set EDGE-only, so it looks like I'm getting 3g speeds (by virtue of my T-mobile-oriented 3g radio).

Anyway, thanks again for the excellent info and suggestions.
    2009-03-23 04:07 AM
    No problem! Welcome to the community.
    Also, Please hit the thanks button on the OP thread, each time it has helped.
    2009-03-23 04:43 AM
    Done and done.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm a very new T-Mobile customer (only a couple weeks into my first month), having recently switched to be able to use my shiny new (er, rather, used) G1. So yeah, this definitely works for those without a long T-Mobile history.

They're absolutely the cheapest provider for what you get - $40 for 600 min (or 300+favs), $5 for 400 texts, and (now) $6 for unlimited internet. I've done some speed tests, and I definitely get substantially higher speeds with 3G on, though I'm a little wary of using it. I think it should be fine, but since the add-on predates 3G, they may not have set policies regarding it. I'll look into it, and post results if any. Incidentally, I've only ever experienced any redirects to "Your phone doesn't support this plan" type of pages while on EDGE, not 3G, but (with one mysterious exception) those only occurred before my APN settings were quite right.

At any rate, I don't want to push my luck; I'd certainly take $6 EDGE over $25 3G (well, $20, since it includes texts) any day at this point. I suppose given the different frequencies involved this isn't a particularly important issue in an iPhone forum, but it's still interesting.
    2009-03-23 04:57 AM
    Thanks.
    2009-03-23 05:23 AM
    Change your phone online to something older that allows Tzones. Also, your not on flexpay, right.
    yes,i am on flexpay but there have been some on here with flexpay and they say they can get t-zones working.
    2009-03-23 09:27 AM
    yes,i am on flexpay but there have been some on here with flexpay and they say they can get t-zones working.
    There is only one person that claims he was able to do it after they Grandfathered T-Zones... I myself, was on FlexPay and tried inumerous times and was rejected.

My friend tried with her account (on contract) and got 2 lines added very easy (only one rejection).
    2009-03-23 04:06 PM
    I just gave it another try and the rep in the chat told me that the t-zones feature is not compatible with my rate plan.. She told me that it can only be added with the myfaves plans. What the heck!
    2009-03-24 06:34 PM
    it worked rite away thanks!
    I had a 100mb plan for $9.99 before and now he replaced it with $5.99 tmobile web plan not tzone but should be same thing. unlimited. and epc.tmobile.com apn works. speed is same i think as before.
    2009-03-24 06:52 PM
    Tmobile Web & Tzones is the same thing.
    2009-03-25 01:28 AM
    Ok so I talked to a T-Mobile Rep via webchat and they said it wasn't called t-zones anymore but called web2go and unlimited web and text is $19.95. I'm currently on the smart phone plan $35 and they knew I had an iPhone but told them I was downgrading to my Nokia 6133 (when I signed up for t-mobile) to save some money. Do I still have to do the hack or do I just sign up for the service and keep my APN settings?
    2009-03-25 03:09 AM
233 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD