I am in desperate need of assistance and would be extremly happy with any sort of help? Yesterday i bought a new 3g iphone factory sealed on ebay for $625.00. The phone should come tommorrow in the mail so today i was looking online for the unlocking software. My problem is that i am scared that buying a new phone factory sealed that has not already been avtivated that i wont be able to unlock it with yellowsnow because i wont have cydia and wont even be able to install cydia because my phone will have to be activated 1st right????? I just really need someone to tell me if i made a mistake buying the brand new iphone thats factory sealed and should have bought one that is already unlocked???? please help im freaking out here!!!!! also could someone give me the steps i need to take if i am going to be o.k.???? please and thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
    2009-02-11 07:52 PM
    don't matter new or old,depends on the baseband,you have to tell us the baseband when you get it.
    2009-02-11 08:52 PM
    I just helped out a friend through skype jailbreaking a new 3G. Unfortunately we could not unlock cause it was already on FW 2.2.1 with the new base band that cannot be unlocked as of yet.

Anyway I thin that the DEV team will fix this soon, and in the meantime you can jailbreake and get all the apps you want..
    If you want it, get it, no matter the risk, y only live once, and gadgets are replaceable.....
    iMac 2.8GHz i7 12GB Ram, MacBook Pro 13", MacBook Air, Cinema Display 30" iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, ATV2
    2009-02-11 09:24 PM
    So what do i do if i have 2.2? thats the frimware that i need right? how can i tell what the baseband is if its a new phone thats not been activated yet? doesnt it have to be activated to find that out? im just hoping that i didnt waste my $625.00. i totally appreciate ur posts but i still need help BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it has 2.2.1 am i screwed???????????? or can i downgrade the firmware with out activating???????????????? Please someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2009-02-11 10:37 PM
    When you look under general settings/about, scroll down to the modem FW. If you are lucky its 2.28 or lower, if its 2.30 then you cannot unlock at this moment. Then you can only jailbreake and get Cydia and 3rd party apps and patch it with mobileinstallation for cracked apps.
    If you want it, get it, no matter the risk, y only live once, and gadgets are replaceable.....
    iMac 2.8GHz i7 12GB Ram, MacBook Pro 13", MacBook Air, Cinema Display 30" iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, ATV2
    2009-02-11 11:07 PM
    Sailingaction, when i get the phone tommorrow it will be brand new factory sealed in the box. I am pretty sure that i wont be able to look in the general settings because the phone will need to be activated first? If this is not the case then could u or someone please give me a step by step on what to do? I need this phone unlocked because i have t-mobile. Do the factory sealed iphones come with the bad baseband already installed on them? i really need some help.
    2009-02-12 12:03 AM
    Yeah just contact me on Skype so we can talk, and give y the help you need.
    If the iPhone is from the latest batch, then it is not possible to unlock right now.
    2009-02-12 02:11 AM
    Anything that's sealed in the box will not be on 2.2.1 so you should be fine.
    2009-02-12 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD