Hello everyone on modmyi, I had a question. So well I've unlocked my 2.2.1 iPhone with a turbosim that I purchased off eBay. Anyways I also have a Sidekick LX and I put that sim into my iPhone. Phone works, texting works, but EDGE doesn't. I typed in the correct APN for data service, and other people have confirmed working iPhone data with a Sidekick data plan. When I turn data roaming on, EDGE works instantly. I'm able to surf the web and even watch movies. However, I don't want to come out with a big bill later on. So my real question is: If I turn on data roaming, but stay in my native Southern California will I incur roaming charges?
    2009-03-21 08:49 AM
    You shouldnt .Iv read quite few people on forum using like that, none ever reported any extra charges.
    If you keep it one make sure you monitor it closely , just in case.
    2009-03-21 03:14 PM
    If you stay within boundaries, this shouldnt be a problem. Ive traveled out of the state, and still havent occured any extra charges. In your situation, you should be fine.
    2009-03-21 08:17 PM
    Thanks, i'll try to limit my EDGE usage until I can confirm I won't be billed later on in the month. I guess I'll post my updates when my bill comes.
    2009-03-21 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD