User Tag List

um yeah we had this resolved a month ago it was a network outage
    network outage? so that means that t-mobile didn't really block the sidekick plan from being used on the iphone?
    2009-08-18 11:34 PM
    network outage? so that means that t-mobile didn't really block the sidekick plan from being used on the iphone?
    No, web2go was an outage. SK PP is officially blocked from being used with anything else other than an SK.

Lovely

Not
    2009-08-19 12:18 AM
    Really? the sidekick plan hmm and here we are talking about web 2 go which is different it's the not a sidekick plan it's the other phones data plan see sidekick blackberry web 2 go they are all actually different while providing similar services.
    Sorry my sarcasm isn't appropiately coming through but yeah I get cranky when people are so proud of themelves like other people are the dumba$$3$

btw Thanks Girrrrrrrl
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-08-19 at 04:13 AM.
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

2009-08-19 04:10 AM
    THIS WORKED FOR ME. I GOT THE $9.99 "UNLIMITED" DATA PLAN FOR THE T-MOBILE DASH BY CALLING CUSTOMER CARE AND TELLING THEM I WANT TO ADD TO MY PLAN (YOU MAY NEED ACCOUNT HOLDER PRESENT OR LAST 4 OF SSN WITH T-MOBILE IF YOU ARE NOT SET UP TO CHANGE BILLING SERVICES).

AFTER ADDING PLAN I ADDED THE USUAL APN'S YOU'VE SEARCHED AND THEY DIDNT WORK.THIS IS HOW I FIXED THE PROBLEM.

--> CHANGE APN TO "internet2.voicestream.com"
    --> do this by going to SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORK>CELLUAR DATA NETWORK
    --> AFTER DOING THIS HIT THE HOME BUTTON
    --> CLICK SAFARI
    --> TYPE "http://www.t-mobile.com/"
    --> let the site fully load, it may redirect you but you'll be at some t-mobile site like (t-mobile shop)
    --> click the add sign to add as a bookmark
    --> change bookmark title to "T-mobile VPN"
    --> Click Save
    --> exit and reboot your phone
    --> enter safari (preferably with wifi off so you're certain)
    --> enter in a site and you should be good, thats what i did!
    2009-08-20 02:23 PM
    Or just add the carrier bundle from CYDIA then you have the MMS working fine too

2009-08-21 03:52 AM
    OT question, but can you add the Dash plan to a G1?
    2009-08-21 11:00 PM
    My understanding of it is no but when you call tmobile you'd be surprised at some of the things you can do

2009-08-21 11:54 PM
    Try taking the sim out and putting it in a T-mobile phone and use T-Zones for a few minutes. Then take the sim out and put it back in your iPhone, reset your network settings and re-type the apn. Should work then....Make sure T-mobile doesn't know that you have an iPhone!!! Good luck!
    2009-08-24 04:13 AM
    The problem is that while you're using the iphone at some point the tower will recieve the iPhone imei and report to TMO that you are using an iPhone or G-1 for that matter

2009-08-25 03:09 AM
    TMobile knows we using an iphone at all times because of the imei unique to iphones! if you do get your internet working its only going to be temporary believe me.
    2009-08-25 03:47 PM
    [QUOTE=mikerlx;4922190]TMobile knows we using an iphone at all times because of the imei unique to iphones! if you do get your internet working its only going to be temporary believe me

I've been using the carrier bundle for a couple of months now and have had no problem with the exception of what they said was a network outage.
    Myself and others have already made abundantly clear that TMO knows we're using the iPhone so you're post is actually pointless
    do you have an explanation of why it's temporary.
    I know I'll sound like an ***** but oh well here we go

When I had the inital problem with my internet giving me the WAP messge which many of us were having I had an extensive conversation with the the Rep from Tmobile in regards to the plan I was using and paying for even referencing the conversation I had when I added the plan to both of my lines that I fully intended to use iPhones on the account. That conversation I beleive is noted elsewhere on this thread.
    I AM NOT SPOOKYET NOR DO I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY however many of thepeople I've spoken with have corrected thier problems simply by adding the carrier bundle he has and they do not have to keep changing the apns I had a ton of problems durig the initial JBing of the iPhone however they ceased once I added the bundle as have several friends.
    Tzones ain't working for folks and this constant I'm gonna try this that and the other plan is creating a problem for alot of people so you either need to switch to a regular phone call tmo and add web2go or try it on the website by switching to a normal phone or just give it up already but if you're paying your bill and have web 2 go there's no reason it should just stop working as for people having problems I'd like to know what they're using for the interent connection becasue again I know of no one on bundle having this issue.
    And I really wish people would stop posting half a$$ed messages on the boards with no substance to back them up

2009-08-25 06:31 PM
    Thanks MREY for the clarification. I thought the same thing that tmobile can not force us. They can insist but can not force and stop the web2go service from iphones. They might play tricks like data outage and keep it out for few days so that impatient people switch to higher data plan and those who are patient will resume their service after few days. It could be, its just a thought.
    But as of today the internet is out in NYC. Lets hope this is just an outage again and will resume soon.

Thanks
    Hapi
    2009-08-25 09:06 PM
    as posted on Tmobile Internet Problem thread my landline is out of juice so if someone can call and ask for blackberry tech support they shold be able to help I just started charging my landline so if no one else gets there first then I'll do it later on.
    IMPORTANT NOTE:
    THE REP AT NO POINT TRIED TO CHANGE ME TO A DIFFERENT PLAN

2009-08-25 10:02 PM
    MREY, you blab a bunch of crap out of your mouth. web2go stopped for many, and bashing them is pointless. all of your post's in this thread are pointless. post to help, or don't post at all

2 of my best friends i unlocked iphoens for were on WEB2GO for months. over the past 2 weeks theyve been having issues. today he called me again and said "my iphone is telling me to subscribe to a correct data plan and the plan im currently on is not compatable with the iphone"

i told him it might be the antenna near downtown san diego being updated maybe but who knows. best way is to pay more, but to some, more isn't worth it.

im using tzones for 5.99 which you CLAIM doesn't work. it works fine and i've been on it for more then 5 years. been using it on my iphone since january 08 and never had a hiccup. still on it, working like a champ.

you need some english grammer practice, no sarcasm sensed anywhere in your post's. just retardedness
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2009-08-25 10:12 PM
    MREY, you blab a bunch of crap out of your mouth. web2go stopped for many, and bashing them is pointless. all of your post's in this thread are pointless. post to help, or don't post at all

2 of my best friends i unlocked iphoens for were on WEB2GO for months. over the past 2 weeks theyve been having issues. today he called me again and said "my iphone is telling me to subscribe to a correct data plan and the plan im currently on is not compatable with the iphone"

i told him it might be the antenna near downtown san diego being updated maybe but who knows. best way is to pay more, but to some, more isn't worth it.

im using tzones for 5.99 which you CLAIM doesn't work. it works fine and i've been on it for more then 5 years. been using it on my iphone since january 08 and never had a hiccup. still on it, working like a champ.

you need some english grammer practice, no sarcasm sensed anywhere in your post's. just retardedness
    UMMM OK I missed out the bashing the web2go people on the web2go forum. I do rememember the sidekick guy though and I do apologize but tzones no longer works was in reference to the fact that we can't add tzones anymore so it no longer "works" as an alternative. My posts may be missing punctuation and tend to have some typos but grammatically I'd say give it a rest since most of us are usually running off quickly to drop an answer to help people with a problem out you should use spell check before you criticize a persons use of grammar.
    I will continute to write out a long response so people don't make the mistake of switching to a more expensive plan when it isn't always the fix for the problem.
    If someone is going to say something is temporary they should tell us why e.g. the conversation they had with the carrier.
    I've logged a lot of time into conversations with carrier and have been thanked for relaying the information take a look at the actual data plans you'll see that it's a lot of repackaging of the web 2 go plan which is similar to tzones. For $24.99
    a month you may as well switch to at&t and get the 3g speed
    but hey thanks for posting that helpful post I now know to watch my grammar

More so why not just tell your friends to call tmobile and ask as opposed to just telling them to spend more money
    what the hell kind of friend is that yeah real helpful of you so what now you troll the forum and bash the people who have spent time on the phone with tmo to ascertain the problem so you can go back and look like you know something with your friends
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-08-25 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Had more to say probably still do

2009-08-25 10:31 PM
    I have the iPhone 3G on Tmobile and I had the 9.99 Web2Go plan since July. Itwas working fine until today. I also have been using the internet2.voicestream.com apn since I added the plan and it still doesn't work on my phone. Someone on page 3 was saying something about clearing your cache then it should work, how do you do this?

I also called Tmobile today and they gave me the same BS about the plan not supported on smartphone and they knew I had an iPhone when the rep added the Web2Go on my phone in July (I told him I had friends who had Tmobile and it worked fine on thwir phone). But the rep today gave me attitude and said that "web2Go will never work on my phone again (with attitude) so I might as well get the $24 plan".

This is serious BS bcuz tmobile is just trying to make money. Please someone find a solution. Im a college student on a budget, its a recession, and i can not afford to add extra bills. Thank you!

EDIT: I found a suggestion on page 5 to download tmobile carrier bundle from cydia and i did, however my internt still isnt working. Was I auppose to chnage settings somewhere? I am still using internet2.voicestream.com.
    Last edited by delica_s; 2009-08-26 at 12:47 AM.
    2009-08-25 11:57 PM
    My web2go just stoped working todays too , any help?
    2009-08-26 01:11 AM
    Ok, the problem is back. It appears that everyone is experiencing this today. I've be bombarding T-Mob with phone calls, and I'm getting no answers. I'm really thinking about giving /b/ T-Mob's number and raining a sh*t storm on their corporate office..
    2009-08-26 01:53 AM
    I was on the phone with tech support for t-mobile and asked what they changed last night. as suspected, an upgrade to the t-mobile towers double checks the Imei number of the phone in question.

in other words, since the iphone has a unique imei, t-mobile can detect when you connect your iphone and automatically route your internet to the webconnect site. i've just confirmed this with the tech support.

the only way we can get around this, from what i can see, is to spoof your imei address. Unfortunately, that's illegal, so we're kind of out of options.

I'm waiting to see t-mobile's response to the situation. right now there's a long, long wait time for to even talk to someone from tech support. after so much tech support calls, there's bound to be a response from t-mobile.
    2009-08-26 02:04 AM
    I was on the phone with tech support for t-mobile and asked what they changed last night. as suspected, an upgrade to the t-mobile towers double checks the Imei number of the phone in question.

in other words, since the iphone has a unique imei, t-mobile can detect when you connect your iphone and automatically route your internet to the webconnect site. i've just confirmed this with the tech support.

the only way we can get around this, from what i can see, is to spoof your imei address. Unfortunately, that's illegal, so we're kind of out of options.

I'm waiting to see t-mobile's response to the situation. right now there's a long, long wait time for to even talk to someone from tech support. after so much tech support calls, there's bound to be a response from t-mobile.
    I appreciate the update I'm hoping to get somewhere with them tomorrow I was told to talk to blackberry support and that the WEB2GO is the same internet as there other web plans just packaged differently IDK but that's the story I got
    I like here the blow by blow makes it easier to compare noted when I'm on the phone with them

2009-08-26 03:36 AM
119 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD