User Tag List

If Twitter was the official place we saw the confirmation of what happened with the Sidekick plan, looks like we've got a Twitter confirmation at least related to the iPhone. This guy was asking about his Sidekick that stopped working with the $9.99 plan, and apparently we should feel grateful we're not getting backbilled!

Twitter / T-Mobile USA: @kallisti5 Hm. thats not a ...
    Twitter / T-Mobile USA: @kallisti5 The "unlimited" ...

Looks like $24.99 is the cheapest option now
    2009-08-26 04:18 AM
    Every time you call TMobile there will be a new rep and they will tell you a new story of technology feature. Read my post on this forum somewhere (do a search) that when I called tmobile the rep didnt try to upsell me a different higher plan at all. he told me a different story to remove the blackberry feature enabler from my account as thats what causing the problem. Anyway, so many people and so many stories. I dont know what tmobile is trying to do. Like it was said in the above post that new upgraded towers can recognize the imei and then block the internet for 9.99 from iphone. Someone said its true and someone said its not true so not sure what to believe on. IMEI changing is not illegal in US as long as its not used to cheating i.e. to duplicate someone elses imei to make calls on his bill. It is illegal in UK.
    Anyway! I dont want any opinion on it if its illegal or not. Lets keep the topic discussion to what its made for, for the internet.
    If the internet doesnt work in few days then I guess I will have to change the IMEI. No other option.
    2009-08-26 01:47 PM
    Every time you call TMobile there will be a new rep and they will tell you a new story of technology feature. Read my post on this forum somewhere (do a search) that when I called tmobile the rep didnt try to upsell me a different higher plan at all. he told me a different story to remove the blackberry feature enabler from my account as thats what causing the problem. Anyway, so many people and so many stories. I dont know what tmobile is trying to do. Like it was said in the above post that new upgraded towers can recognize the imei and then block the internet for 9.99 from iphone. Someone said its true and someone said its not true so not sure what to believe on. IMEI changing is not illegal in US as long as its not used to cheating i.e. to duplicate someone elses imei to make calls on his bill. It is illegal in UK.
    Anyway! I dont want any opinion on it if its illegal or not. Lets keep the topic discussion to what its made for, for the internet.
    If the internet doesnt work in few days then I guess I will have to change the IMEI. No other option.
    I don't think changing the IMEI would make a big difference. I they're really trying to make iPhone users sign up for the more expensive service they can just track traffic to the App Store, or see that you're being diverted to iPhone versions of the sites you visit and tag you that way.
    2009-08-26 02:06 PM
    I don't think changing the IMEI would make a big difference. I they're really trying to make iPhone users sign up for the more expensive service they can just track traffic to the App Store, or see that you're being diverted to iPhone versions of the sites you visit and tag you that way.
    Maybe you are right. But thats a possibility in future or for what I have not done anything yet. Let me go home and do some research and see how can I change the imei. OR the other thing is be careful to not to use the apple store app. Install some application on itunes and then transfer it to iphone.

or in any case if iphone still doesnt work then I am going to sell it. I like my blackberry bold anyway. I didnt had to sign in using internet for every application like iphone. Even the gvmobile application needs to be signed in using the internet on iphone whereas on blackberry it doesnt need to. lolz

my iphone is gone! anybody wanna buy it lolz! I am in nyc
    2009-08-26 02:21 PM
    I have had T-zones $5.99 for 3+ years before I added it to my Iphone. mine, and wife's, are still OK. Is there anyone out there with the orignal $5.99 T-Zones plan that is down?
    2009-08-26 03:00 PM
    I have had T-zones $5.99 for 3+ years before I added it to my Iphone. mine, and wife's, are still OK. Is there anyone out there with the orignal $5.99 T-Zones plan that is down?
    It was posted in the other thread I think, and I completely agree that it appears to be the internet2.voicestream.com apn that is effected.

What's strange to me is that is the apn they tell you to use on the T-Mobile support forums for the iPhone.
    So if they are telling us to use that apn, how can they take it away now.............
    2009-08-26 03:09 PM
    Has anyone taken their SIM card out of the Iphone and put it in another phone, i.e RAZR to see if your web connectivity returns, as it should. If so put it back in the Iphone and see if it starts working? Just a thought.. did they collect the emei #, or are they continuously collecting it and turning off the access.
    2009-08-26 03:33 PM
    Has anyone taken their SIM card out of the Iphone and put it in another phone, i.e RAZR to see if your web connectivity returns, as it should. If so put it back in the Iphone and see if it starts working? Just a thought.. did they collect the emei #, or are they continuously collecting it and turning off the access.
    I've tried this, as have others, and the internet worked on the other phone (Nokia XpressMusic) but still did not work when I put it back in my iphone.
    2009-08-26 03:39 PM
    Yep, the internet worked on my Shadow, when I put the SIM card back, but when I moved it back to the iPhone it still wouldn't work. This makes me really think it's phone-specific.

I've seen people on various forums saying that the $5.99 T-Zones is still working, and even a couple of people claiming they were able to switch to that over chat yesterday. I'd love to be able to do that, but I thought T-Mobile wouldn't allow it. I might give it a try anyway.
    2009-08-26 04:39 PM
    The imei is continously being picked up by the towers so even switching it out and then using a different phone will not work once the carrier repicks up the iphone IMEI I would like to know about people getting back to tzones and will look into that a bit more as well any updates on that would be helpful
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

2009-08-26 04:58 PM
    Right.. it's obviously not the APN. Maybe my city hasn't been cut off just yet..

Lovely

Not
    2009-08-26 05:04 PM
    just upgraded to the $24 data plan and all is well. internet is fine and google maps are ok. twitter and my RSS both downloaded all new info.

if the old t-zones and web2go are working enjoy it while it last. your time will come. =p
    2009-08-26 05:07 PM
    I would like to know about people getting back to tzones and will look into that a bit more as well any updates on that would be helpful
    [ame="http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=12957845"]Just uncovered this -- see post 21 especially.[/ame]

"I called 611 and said that I had a promo code for a cheaper web plan. He asked me for the code. I gave him the tzunl599 and he switched my 19.99 web+messages to 5.99tz plus 1000 msgs."

Those who've managed this say it takes several hours for the changeover, and they have to switch to either wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com.

UPDATE: According to this thread, T-Mobile has been saying since May that the TZUNL599 code is no longer available. Lots of people weren't able to get it added, though a few people say they were. Not sure what to believe, unless it all comes down to getting the right customer service rep.
    Last edited by moireach; 2009-08-26 at 05:22 PM.
    2009-08-26 05:11 PM
    i just tried that code was told thats its not a valid code that they coud find
    2009-08-26 05:24 PM
    i just pulled the plug and ordered a 16gb iphone fom AT&T (refurb), 450 minutes, unlimited data, 200 texts, monthly charge is $74.99 and the phone was 99.00. I should be able to sell my jailbroken and unlocked iphone for around 220 locally and have true 3g service. Glad I finally did it.

This $34.99 for 2g service is a joke. I thought $19.99/month was pushing it.
    2009-08-26 05:27 PM
    It's $24.99, 34.99 with unlimited SMS/MMS.

Lovely

Not
    2009-08-26 05:30 PM
    It's $24.99, 34.99 with unlimited SMS/MMS.

i had unlimited text/data for 19.99, so the similar package would be 34.99.

Even if I just got unlimited data and the 5 dollar SMS package, I'm still paying $30.00 for 2g data.
    2009-08-26 05:41 PM
    i just pulled the plug and ordered a 16gb iphone fom AT&T (refurb), 450 minutes, unlimited data, 200 texts, monthly charge is $74.99 and the phone was 99.00. I should be able to sell my jailbroken and unlocked iphone for around 220 locally and have true 3g service. Glad I finally did it.
    I almost wish i could do this, unfortunately we just renewed 3 lines on tmo like 2 months ago. This really makes me mad. A while back i read in a few posts that the 24.99 plan has 200 txts included, anyone able to confirm that or am i crazy?
    2009-08-26 05:52 PM

Slag, I just may do the same thing, going to see what kind of discount we can get through my wife's corporate perks. I'm just not excited about paying near 3G prices on a slower TMobile network.

My only concern is that so many people complain about ATT voice service, well that and locking into a 2 year deal.
    2009-08-26 06:29 PM
    What T-Mobile is doing is wrong since it sounds like they're only blocking iPhone IMEIs. Who gave T-Mobile that list anyway?

My web2go still works but if they take it away, I'm not upgrading. Web2go is perfect for me since it is rare that I need phone internet. I'm usually at home, at work, shopping or driving. Checking my Facebook at work is not worth $24.99
    2009-08-26 07:09 PM
119 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD