I have tried everything I can find. Nothing appears to work.

I have:
    • 3G iPhone 2.2.1 (new ... 8-days old from Apple store)
    • Jailbroken (Cydia, BossPrefs, and NO T-mobile Carrier hack)
    • MoogleX SIM adapter (authentic gevey-3G PLUS2)

I called t-mo 5 days ago, and purchased the Web2Go plan.

I have tested my SIM card on both a SAMSUNG phone and an HTC Wizard (MDA). T-Zones/GPRS/EDGE all work fine on those phones. Calls work fine as well. (I assume my SIM registered properly: I got EDGE working, made calls, surfed the web, hit my.t-mobile.com)

Pop the SIM into my iPhone. I get signal. I can make and receive calls.

My iPhone settings:
    • Network: T-Mobile (currently manually selected, not set to "Automatic".)
    • Data Roaming: ON
    • APN: wap.voicestream.com (username and pass are blank)

I have tried:
    • All the APNs I could find (wap., internet2., epc.tmobile.com)
    • Rebooting after making changes (APN, etc)
    • Resetting my Network Settings, and setting everything back up
    • Installed, rebooted, tested, uninstalled, rebooted the T-Mobile Carrier hack from Big Boss
    • I asked MoogleX about EDGE, and they replied and stated that it indeed works fine with my adapter card. (Other members on this forum have it working just fine.)

I always get the error: "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the Internet."

If you can provide the help for getting me up and running with EDGE, I will buy you a cup of coffee = I will send you $5 via PayPal.

Thanks!

(Also -- I am familiar with computers/tech. If needed, I know my way around a bash shell, can SSH into my phone, pull logs, etc.)
    2009-04-22 12:39 AM
    Try "internet2.voicestream.com" for your cellular data network
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-04-22 at 01:29 AM. Reason: i suck at spelling
    2009-04-22 01:28 AM
    Try "internet2.voicestream.com" for your cellular data network
    Tried it, and it does not work.
    2009-04-22 01:39 AM
    I did a search and these were the only settings I could find other then the ones you have tried. Sorry, I'll keep looking and if I find something I'll PM you.
    "I'm only in it for the cup of Joe"

Found this
    epc.tmobile.com
    file was hard to read, may have been epic.tmobile.com

found these settings on the same site, might help.
    Primary gateway IP: 216.155.165.50
    Port:8080
    Secondary gateway IP: 216.155.165.50
    Port: 8080

and the apn was
    "epc.tmobile.com"
    also found
    internet3.voicestream.com
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-04-22 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-22 01:58 AM
    Did you install the TZones hack from Cydia?

If so maybe try deleting the hack and rebooting and then trying the different APNs... good luck. I'm sure you'll figure it out soon.
    Last edited by RDL; 2009-04-22 at 02:32 AM.
    2009-04-22 02:22 AM
    Try this: Go back to that samsung phone (i'm going to assume it has that "t" but more like an "@". Use the phone for a day and go to the T-Mo website and check to see that the network has identified the exact phone model you are using. If it worked, then put the sim back in with the adapter.
    Also, reset the network settings on the iphone and make sure to use epc.tmobile.com
    See what happens.
    *T*Mo**
    2009-04-22 02:32 AM
    First of all, why Web2go?! Are you on FlexPay?
    If not, just try to add T-Zones, faster speeds and cheaper!
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ded-works.html

I would try:

1) Putting your SIM on a friend's unlocked/edge working iPhone 3G.
    2) Putting someone else's T-Mobile SIM on your iPhone to see if EDGE will work.

It is important to first try to find out the root of the problem, if it is the SIM or the iPhone.

Since it seems you are computer-friendly I am going to assume that you have also already tried to downgrade your baseband and then yellowsn0w it.

Good Luck!

Correct me if I am wrong but the epc.tmobile.com DOES NOT work with Web2go plans, the only known ones to work are: internet2 & wap.

As far as I know, EPC is for T-Zones.
    Last edited by Oliver350Z; 2009-04-22 at 04:24 PM.
    Housekeepin'?
    2009-04-22 04:15 PM
    @blkcadi: I tried those settings, and it does not work.

@RDL: Yes, I have tried the t-zones hack on Cydia, rebooted, it did not work. Uninstalled, rebooted, and tried all APN settings again. Still does not work.

@elsgk2: The Samsung phone is a friend's. I cannot do that. However, I will pop the SIM into my MDA (HTC Wizard), and try it for a day or so. I'll let you know if this works.

@Oliver350Z: I don't have access to a second iPhone (friends or otherwise). I am unable to downgrade my baseband, because I have a new phone with the 5.9 bootloader. 5.8 is required for the downgrade to work. Yes, I checked it, and it is the 5.9 bootloader. As to your second suggestion, I have access to my wife's SIM, but I don't have the Web2Go on her account.

I think I will take the time today to wipe all settings on my phone, and start over. (I won't be reflashing to the 2.2.1 Apple firmware ... I have had to downgrade my OS X USB stack to be able to read my phone while in DFU mode. What a pain.)

Thanks all for your ideas. Keep 'em coming!
    2009-04-22 06:27 PM
    what i had to do to get mine working was do everything i needed to and building a custom rom, then starting from scratch and loading it all from that rom WITH THE SIM I PLAN ON USING IN THE PHONE... caps because important. Its a pain in the ***... and i was one the first version where they made it almost impossible to go back a grade... 2.0 or somethin. Good luck.
    Go Ahead. Hit the Thank button... it wont bite.

Tap Tap Revenge is Gay... That is fact.

Giggidy.
    2009-04-23 04:22 AM
    what i had to do to get mine working was do everything i needed to and building a custom rom, then starting from scratch and loading it all from that rom WITH THE SIM I PLAN ON USING IN THE PHONE... caps because important. Its a pain in the ***... and i was one the first version where they made it almost impossible to go back a grade... 2.0 or somethin. Good luck.
    I will give that a try today later today or tomorrow, and let you know if that does it.

I am first going to reset all my settings, and see if that does it. Then, if that doesn't work, I will restore to the original firmware, and re-flash with a custom package (again).
    2009-04-23 06:05 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but the epc.tmobile.com DOES NOT work with Web2go plans, the only known ones to work are: internet2 & wap.

As far as I know, EPC is for T-Zones.
    [/QUOTE]

My brother has 3G and is using the Web2go and I had to set his apn setting to epc.tmobile.com to get his edge to work lol
    2009-04-23 06:18 PM
    My brother has 3G and is using the Web2go and I had to set his apn setting to epc.tmobile.com to get his edge to work lol
    I have tried that setting ... and it doesn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion.
    2009-04-23 06:18 PM
    [COLOR="Red"]
    Back then when I had web2go, epc.tmobile.com would not work for me... I would get an error message whenever I tried to open a website.
    Housekeepin'?
    2009-04-23 09:50 PM
    At the suggestion of others, I just did the following:

• Left T-Mobile SIM in adapter in the phone
    • Restored to factory settings
    • Used QuickPwn to jailbreak
    • Joined my WIFI network
    • Updated Cydia packages/repositories
    • Added some repositories
    • Installed MobileInstallation Patch
    • Rebooted

I have since tried "wap.voicestream.com" and "internet2.voicestream.com", and "epc.tmobile.com" and none work.

*sigh*

At another suggestion, I will now put my SIM into a HTC Wizard (t-mobile MDA), and run that for a day to see if it is a SIM registration issue.
    2009-04-23 10:30 PM
    Do you have the E or the dot?

If you don't, put the SIM in your other phone and load a webpage.

If you do, remember that web2go only properly works with wap.voicestream.com. You also have to have the TZones hack installed from Cydia (which I can't find right now!)
    2009-04-23 10:49 PM
    Do you have the E or the dot?

If you don't, put the SIM in your other phone and load a webpage.

If you do, remember that web2go only properly works with wap.voicestream.com. You also have to have the TZones hack installed from Cydia (which I can't find right now!)
    Others have said do NOT use the BigBoss T-Mobile Carrier hack (even on the Big Boss website, they are saying that the hack is for t-zones ONLY, not for Web2Go).

I do not have the E or the dot. I thought there should be a status icon or something. Thanks.

I popped my SIM into my MDA phone, and will run EDGE for a few hours, and see if this is only a SIM registration problem.

Thanks again for the replies.

I will continue to work on it.
    2009-04-24 01:08 AM
    I didn't see it mentioned (I might have missed it), but try turning airplane mode on and off.
    2009-04-24 02:17 AM
    To the most recent posts: I've tried the t-mobile carrier hack. I've tried all APNs. I've tried turning on/off airplane mode, I've tried using the SIM in a SAMSUNG phone for several hours (surfing the net with Web2Go/EDGE, making calls, etc). Nothing works for me.

I called and canceled my Web2Go service last night. I will wait until a hack comes out that will allow me to either downgrade my baseband (I have the 5.9 bootloader), or a yellowsn0w that supports the latest baseband.

Until then, I am not going to waste any more time on this.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Sorry it didn't work out.
    2009-04-24 07:03 PM
    Now that you mentioned you do not have the "E" icon, I am pretty sure your problem is related to the SIM Adapter.
    Housekeepin'?
    2009-04-27 03:00 PM
    Now that you mentioned you do not have the "E" icon, I am pretty sure your problem is related to the SIM Adapter.
    doubt it. I have a sim adapter as well on my 2.2.1 new baseband 3G iphone and my EDGE worked...and yesterday it just stopped working. IE the E symbol is no longer there.
    2009-04-28 04:54 PM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD