I have a jailbroken/unlocked iphone on the 2.28 baseband and i have a gevey-3g plus2 turbo sim. The turbo sim works great until i am out of service too long then it says after No Service is displayed for a while that there is "No Sim" and i am forced to reboot and I read that this turbo sim is supposed to not do that, and i was wondering if it is because i am on the 2.28 and not the 2.30 which the turbo sim is made for? Also i tried using yellowsnow without the turbo sim since i am on the 2.28 but i couldnt seem to get the internet/edge to work and i was wondering if i could get yellowsnow with internet/edge to work thats what i would like to do so i dont have to reboot my phone everytime im out of service or also wondering if i upgraded to the 2.30 baseband if it would fix my problem and if upgrading is the case how do i upgrade to 2.30 without locking my phone? thanks for the help in advnace!

update: when yellowsn0w is installed edge icon is shown but there is no where in the network settings to add/edit the apn for internet and when loading the internet or cydia it says "Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service" but with the gevey3g-Plus2 installed cydia/internet works fine after i turn data roaming on and i add the tmobile apn in.
    Last edited by Ticko; 2009-04-25 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-25 10:48 AM
    Let me ask you this. Have you tried using a totally different Tmo phone? Because it sounds like you have a signal reception problem. If you have low signal theres nothing you can do but call Tmo and tell them you're not getting good coverage. Try a tmo phone and see what kind of bars you get there. Aside from that I'd say turn off your 3g and edge. See if that helps.
    2009-04-25 03:33 PM
    i have used another phone (blackberry) for years now and i get low reception but it still works and whenever i go out of reception it does always come back and when i use yellowsn0w the reception comes back when i get back into coverage
    2009-04-25 06:01 PM
    Hi Ticko ! this is Dave got your messgae. Not sure what to tell you my daughter has the iphone with the yellowsnow and she has no problem at all. She is in Pittsburgh most of the time and the coverage is great. Do you have your iphone set to roam ? I have all my phones roamingand all 3g set to off all the time. Check to see if yours is. We also us swirly mms and it works all the time.
    2009-04-26 12:49 AM
    i used the yellowsn0w bigboss pref toggle and it was set to off so i flipped it to on and all the internet options cydia/safari started to work just great!
    2009-04-26 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD