ok so today i spoke to a tmobile rep about a problem i was having on my account, somehow we got into insurance and me wanting to cancel since i dont have a tmobile branded phone anyway..(long story short)

the rep told me that tmobile knows what phone i have at all times. so they know i have the iphone.. technically i cannot add insurance while having the iphone, but if i already have insurance and go out and buy an iphone, its covered.. when i lose my iphone, tmobile will cover it, they wont give you an iphone, but you will receive a phone of equal value. possibly like a G1 or the new blackberry, up in the $400 range..

just curious has any one tried this or been through it before?
    im thinking about paying whatever it cost for insurance to replace it then just sell the phone they give me just to make a few extra bucks.
    2009-05-16 04:47 PM
    I dont see it happening....

And besides, as they already told you, they know what phone your using "at all times" so dont you think they're gonna notice you arent using the insurance replacement and using the old iphone you "lost".

Thats called insurance fraud....they frown on it.
    2009-05-16 07:44 PM
    didnt think about that lol.
    atleast its good to kno incase i do lose my phone. and the last phone i had from tmobile was the blackberry. so i should atleast get that if i use my insurance
    2009-05-16 09:15 PM
    they hassle you when you make claims. you don't jus get a new phone

you pay insurance, lose a phone, call the police, make a police report on the case. get the case number, call tmobile, give them the case number. they go thru a huge process, you pay your deductable (50-150) then they process your claim.

they cancel your sim, you have no phone for a bit, if u don't have insurance for long enough they assume insurance fraud (which is what your doing)..

don't waste your time.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2009-05-17 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD