User Tag List

i have the prepaid sidekick plan mine is working fine after i called t-moible last night as i stated earlier just call t-mobile partypoorer even posed the direct number for the iphone center 1(800)-937-8997
    this phone number prompts you for a your mobile number (then if you are on prepaid plan) you get forwarded and once again you are prompted for your number after you type it in AGAIN it becomes obvious you have been forwareded to the MAIN prepaid line where you have to enter the mobile number again...

i get referred to sidekick people... they cant help so they refer me to the tech dept after i say "i need help connecting my iphone to tmobile data" people again are just amazed i had a 2g iphone on a sidekick prepay...

they want me to pay 35 for voice + 25 for unlimted data and text.. Is tehre anyway to get this 19.99 + 24.99 plan still? What is the 19.99 a month plan?

They are not capable of individually disconecting iphones, there are just too many... every data signal is encapsulated with your phones IMEI when a tower receives a data inquiry or request it is now comparing the IMEI to a sidekick IMEI, when the iphone doesnt fall within the range of possible sidekick IMEI's the tower refuses any request.

Email works over SMTP protocol, when your phone makes a request to check your mail it uses the SMTP protocol which is NOT filtered like the above, and in fact allows all IMEIs with a tmobile.

As for the internet radio... same applies. The protocol (not sure of its name) used to stream that radio operates outside of the sort of signal they are comparing the phones IMEI.

Anybody downgrade and hack the IMEI? If we change the IMEI to a sidekick one... it seems as if we may be able to connect (and more than liklely we would ALL be able to use the same IMEI) to get data. But i belive this is when we are operating outside of federal guidlines so i am not sure if this is really the best option either!

I have been on the phone with tmobile 3 times now... (no one cares what phone you use so there is no need to be hesistant about telling them you are using an iphone) . With the success stories listed, i know i must sound like a newb but my iphone continues to suffer from data blackout!!!

Not sure what i need to say about the APN, so any success stories be sure to be like totally specific for morons like me!

They seem to think that there is NO WAY to get data from a prepaid plan (which we all know is not true via sidekick plan)

I have wanted an iphone for 2 years and finally with the sidekick plan i had one, for 3 weeks... and now as pathetic as it sounds ive def lost a piece of me!
    Last edited by jonnyboomboom; 2009-08-09 at 09:01 PM.
    2009-08-09 08:34 PM
    Johny, thts how I feel atm as well cuz it was one of the main reasons why I got an iPhone 3g.
    2009-08-09 09:10 PM
    i feel the same way you guys.i finally got an iphone and ive only had it 5 weeks and this happens.its devastating.
    2009-08-09 09:14 PM
    I'm just really pissed off about it because I directly spoke to a CSR from Tmobile about a year ago and SPECIFICALLY asked if I got an iPhone would my 14.99/mo sidekick unlimited plan still work? (it was when 19.99 was available, i just somehow got a promo and have been paying 14.99 since...) And he told me yes, without any problems. So I've been on it a year and called yesterday just like everyone else. I would be totally fine with this loophole being fixed IF that rep never told me it was okay..

Has anyone considered calling tmobile csr saying that you ARE using a sidekick and your internet is working? Just fake like you're going through the troubleshooting that they guide you through, and continue to say your net isn't working?

I'm really considering doing this later today when I get off work see if it's possible for them to somehow manually give you access...
    2009-08-09 09:20 PM
    I've only had mine for a month.
    but hopefully this gets fixed quick and no need for changin plans and ish.
    2009-08-09 09:21 PM
    i put mine on ebay already guys
    Apple iphone 2G 8GB unlocked and jailbroken - eBay (item 220464857849 end time Aug-12-09 13:10:08 PDT)

i already put mine on ebay: Apple iphone 2G 8GB unlocked and jailbroken - eBay (item 220464857849 end time Aug-12-09 13:10:08 PDT)
    i feel like theres no hope since this was done to alot of dif phones.
    Last edited by rebel101150; 2009-08-09 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-09 09:37 PM
    Has anyone considered calling tmobile csr saying that you ARE using a sidekick and your internet is working? Just fake like you're going through the troubleshooting that they guide you through, and continue to say your net isn't working?

I'm really considering doing this later today when I get off work see if it's possible for them to somehow manually give you access...
    Please post results! The first question they ask you is if there is a 7G in the corner, i get stumped there since i never owned a sidekick and have no idea what they are talkng about! (but come to think of it, im sure its the equivalent to the E we have for edge so i would answer yes to this!)

Rebel since the issue is so fresh id say hang in there we have all made it this far and i feel we shall prevail!
    Last edited by jonnyboomboom; 2009-08-09 at 09:40 PM.
    2009-08-09 09:38 PM
    alright.the only work around i can think of is the imei spoofing. does the t zones hack still work?
    2009-08-09 09:50 PM
    I'm just really pissed off about it because I directly spoke to a CSR from Tmobile about a year ago and SPECIFICALLY asked if I got an iPhone would my 14.99/mo sidekick unlimited plan still work? (it was when 19.99 was available, i just somehow got a promo and have been paying 14.99 since...) And he told me yes, without any problems. So I've been on it a year and called yesterday just like everyone else. I would be totally fine with this loophole being fixed IF that rep never told me it was okay..

I tried this and they were able to tell that i had an iphone and not a sidekick. But someone else can try. maybe they have better luck then i did.
    Last edited by 3gsmorena; 2009-08-09 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-09 09:57 PM
    i feel like theres no hope since this was done to alot of dif phones.
    lolololololol

I have Flexpay and it's working fine for me. I don't have an SK plan however it's obvious they're blocking iPhones on the Hiptop apn. It was a nice ride, now you have to get off or go over to AT&T and pay substantially more if you want the same plan.

$65 a month for unlimited internet/text/MMS/300 mins unlimited weekends isn't a bad deal.

It's $90 over at AT&T.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 2009-08-09 at 10:03 PM.

Lovely

Not
    2009-08-09 09:59 PM
    yeah well im 17 years old. i pay 20 bucks a month. thats all i ever plan on paying.im switching to the lx 2009. 65 would be outrages.
    2009-08-09 10:04 PM
    has anyone tried cricket?
    2009-08-09 10:34 PM
    cricket?
    2009-08-09 10:35 PM
    On the iPhone?? LOLLLL

Uhhhh, Cricket itself is pretty ok. I have a Cricket MyShot and it's pretty spiffy for unlimited phone service.

Lovely

Not
    2009-08-09 10:37 PM
    Cricket runs on the CDMA network which is not compatible with the iPhone's GSM radio.
    2009-08-09 10:42 PM
    Im having the same trouble also and i live in nashville, it just stopped working but i can check my email and i have the sidekick data plan also, i called T-Mobile and the lady suggested that i upgrade my phone plan but i dont know about that, im going give it a couple more days. A iphone is worthless without internet, might as well call it a Ipod Touch with email access everywhere lol
    2009-08-09 10:43 PM
    alright, so then its obv out until someone finds way to work around it.

why does google still come up tho? has anyone noticed that?
    2009-08-09 10:49 PM
    google comes up with an ipod touch 1g with no wifi as well... its something built into the os or safari

cheapest tmobile setup = 29.99 (300min) and (24.99) for unlimited data and 300 texts
    55.00 is just over my budget does anyone looking to go legit able to find a better deal?

**i take back that last statement there is unlimited data for smart phones through at&t for 35.00 month and 5.00 more will get you 200 txt messages no idea how much the minutes are if there are any but it looks as if you arent able to make or recieve calls at all... thats where they want you to sign up for the idividual plans

anyone using an iphone on a similar at&t plan that can provide feedback?
    Last edited by jonnyboomboom; 2009-08-09 at 11:34 PM.
    2009-08-09 11:16 PM
    so is 3g network substantially faster than that of EDGE?
    2009-08-09 11:26 PM
    lolololololol

I have Flexpay and it's working fine for me. I don't have an SK plan however it's obvious they're blocking iPhones on the Hiptop apn. It was a nice ride, now you have to get off or go over to AT&T and pay substantially more if you want the same plan.

$65 a month for unlimited internet/text/MMS/300 mins unlimited weekends isn't a bad deal.

It's $90 over at AT&T.
    I plan to go purchase this tomorrow. Month to month, no contract cause I want to be able to dump it as soon as t-mo gets greedy and decides they want to force people to pay 35 bucks for Edge.

I kinda feel like it's only a matter of time. I have enough iPhones sitting around though that I can drop 65 bucks for another SIM and phone number to try it. Now, getting T-Mo to port my number out of Prepaid into Flexpay is going to be extremely awful.
    2009-08-09 11:30 PM
381 ... 4567816 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD