Now...my question. Does anyone have a new sidekick 2009? Can you check your APN and post it if it differs from hoptop.t-mobile.com ? Has anyone tried to see if their internet works on a sidekick? If it does... we are almost certainly blocked.
    I have a 2009 and my sim still works in my sidekick.
    2009-08-10 03:53 PM
    Web2Go is unlimited web for "other phones" or phones that are not smartphones and it's an add-on svc to a regular plan.

So getting it added means you have to tell them you want the web2go unlimited data or data and messaging. Tell them you don't have an IMEI in front of you if they ask.

9.99 unlimited web + 29.99 for 300 mins.

Lovely

Not
    2009-08-10 04:46 PM
    So if i use a VPN then i can connect through the sidekick APN? I dont get it because i can only connect through my wireless connection right now.. Im confused because i have the VPN setup correctly
    2009-08-10 05:06 PM
    Web2Go is unlimited web for "other phones" or phones that are not smartphones and it's an add-on svc to a regular plan.

So getting it added means you have to tell them you want the web2go unlimited data or data and messaging. Tell them you don't have an IMEI in front of you if they ask.

That sounds great and tempting, but then, if I'm spending $40 for Edge, I may as well suck it up a bit more and beg into a lower priced AT$T plan (they have them if you whine) and have 3G speed.

Just my thoughts for the morning. After lunch I may not claim them.
    2009-08-10 05:20 PM
    sorry if i did not get everything right. i'm a tourist from Germany and i will visit the us next saturday for a month.

i bought a tmobile prepaid card, wanted to activate the sidekick data plan. as i read now, there will be some issues using it.

please help me with my following question: will i stil be able to check my mails by using the sidekick data plan (on my 3gs) via edge? will instant messaging still be available? don't really need this internet-browsing stuff...

thanks so far.
    2009-08-10 05:21 PM
    So if i use a VPN then i can connect through the sidekick APN? I dont get it because i can only connect through my wireless connection right now.. Im confused because i have the VPN setup correctly
    The configuration that works for for me (iPhone 3GS with OS 3.0.1) is to set the APN to nothing and activate a L2TP VPN. I'm not sure if this is an OS 3.0 thing, but the APN doesn't seem to be required.
    2009-08-10 05:36 PM

I just went and bought this a few minutes ago. They really wanted to know what type of phone I had. I just said I hadn't decided yet. This is actually true, I'll switch that SIM out to all types of devices over the next few weeks. For now, it works! I'm about to begin the GRUELING process of having they port my number out of Prepaid into FLEXPAY. I've heard so many horror stories that I almost want to port the number out to tracfone for a few days then port it back in to tmobile.

Regardless, this works. I'm happy. I'm sure this "hole" will be the next one they patch which is why month to month is great.
    2009-08-10 05:45 PM
    nice i got the VPN working and its not all that bad. Its a bit slower than usual but what can you expect from the EDGE network. I think that paying the $6.95 is better than using the free VPN because i havent had any problems with it disconnecting on the paid VPN versus the free one. This works for me for now so im happy.
    2009-08-10 06:03 PM
    Is this web2go? the 19.95 a month for unlimited data and SMS?

If what I'm understanding is that web2go works on the iPhone, correct? I'm on a family plan with the sidekick unlimited attached to my individual line. So if I were to get this plan wouldn't it be exactly the same as the sidekick one for me? Price-wise and data/SMS wise?
    2009-08-10 06:03 PM
    For people who are wondering, my iPhone still works with my sidekick plan, using hiptop.
    2009-08-10 06:58 PM
    For people who are wondering, my iPhone still works with my sidekick plan, using hiptop.
    sidekick unlimited? or prepaid? and how so
    2009-08-10 07:00 PM

If what I'm understanding is that web2go works on the iPhone, correct? I'm on a family plan with the sidekick unlimited attached to my individual line. So if I were to get this plan wouldn't it be exactly the same as the sidekick one for me? Price-wise and data/SMS wise?
    I just called and told them I want to keep my $19.99 Sidekick plan BUT told them to add web2go so I could have unlimited data and txt on my old flip phone too. They said they couldn't but would later today. Then I called right back and talked to someone who tried to tell me what was going on but wasn;t helpful.. anyway he did claim they added web2go so the epc APN should work fine.

I just tried and no luck. I know it can take up a few hours so we'll see. OR they didnt really add the web2go yet and he say it as "pending" and thought it was added.

Who knows.. but if web2go works then its the same price and should would just as the sidekick plan. The guy told me it was UNLIMITED data so...
    2009-08-10 07:54 PM
    I just called and told them I want to keep my $19.99 Sidekick plan BUT told them to add web2go so I could have unlimited data and txt on my old flip phone too. They said they couldn't but would later today. Then I called right back and talked to someone who tried to tell me what was going on but wasn;t helpful.. anyway he did claim they added web2go so the epc APN should work fine.

I just tried and no luck. I know it can take up a few hours so we'll see. OR they didnt really add the web2go yet and he say it as "pending" and thought it was added.

Who knows.. but if web2go works then its the same price and should would just as the sidekick plan. The guy told me it was UNLIMITED data so...

Yeah... that's really what I was hoping for once I saw the plan was 19.99 and other people have claimed it works on iPhone.

Please let me know if it works!!
    2009-08-10 07:55 PM
    so do we need a voice plan along with that web2go one?
    2009-08-10 07:57 PM
    so do we need a voice plan along with that web2go one?
    I'm assuming yes since it says its only data and SMS, but if you're on a family plan and just want it on your line I'm guessing its the same as the sidekick plan so it's a perfect alternative!
    2009-08-10 07:58 PM
    That sounds great and tempting, but then, if I'm spending $40 for Edge, I may as well suck it up a bit more and beg into a lower priced AT plan (they have them if you whine) and have 3G speed.

Just my thoughts for the morning. After lunch I may not claim them.
    If AT&T does have the 450min plan plus data for $40 a month I would be very interested.

I just went and bought this a few minutes ago. They really wanted to know what type of phone I had. I just said I hadn't decided yet. This is actually true, I'll switch that SIM out to all types of devices over the next few weeks. For now, it works! I'm about to begin the GRUELING process of having they port my number out of Prepaid into FLEXPAY. I've heard so many horror stories that I almost want to port the number out to tracfone for a few days then port it back in to tmobile.

Regardless, this works. I'm happy. I'm sure this "hole" will be the next one they patch which is why month to month is great.
    If they block a data port on this web2go plan it would affect all users and not just a select few I would think. As long as you use the internet2 apn it should work. T-Mo USA via Twitter told me that the web2go could be used with the iPhone when I complained about the price. Otherwise I'm glad to hear it's working for you.

Yeah this works with the iPhone. I've been with it for two cycles now (just rolled over to the second month today actually) and it's been working flawlessly.

However I'm not 100% clear on your last question.. the price is 19.99 (per line) and that includes unlimited web, SMS/MMS/IM etc. It should function just like the SK plan as far as usage and cost goes.

And yes of course you need a voice plan with this.

epc WILL block you and ask you upgrade to a more expensive plan. Use internet2.voicestream.com
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 2009-08-10 at 08:06 PM.

Lovely

Not
    2009-08-10 08:00 PM
    If AT&T does have the 450min plan plus data for $40 a month I would be very interested.

If they block a data port on this web2go plan it would affect all users and not just a select few.. as long as you use the internet2 apn it should work. T-Mo USA via Twitter told me that the web2go could be used with the iPhone when I complained about the price. Otherwise I'm glad to hear it's working for you.

Yeah this works with the iPhone. I've been with it for two cycles now (just rolled over to the second month today actually) and it's been working flawlessly.

However I'm not 100% clear on your last question.. the price is 19.99 (per line) and that includes unlimited web, SMS/MMS/IM etc.
    What I meant was that I am currently on a family plan with some buddies, am I not not paying anything for voice. All I am paying for is my 19.99 unlimited sidekick plan. What I was wondering is that if the web2go for MY SITUATION would serve the exact same purpose as does the sidekick plan for the same price.

sorry for my grammar, I am still learning english
    2009-08-10 08:04 PM
    YA it would.

Lovely

Not
    2009-08-10 08:07 PM
    Yeah... that's really what I was hoping for once I saw the plan was 19.99 and other people have claimed it works on iPhone.

Please let me know if it works!!
    UPDATE: Added web2go for $19.99. Says 100mb online but the guy assured me its Unlimited data and texts JUST like my $19.99 sidekick plan. I'm using the "internet2.voicestream.com" APN and its working same as my sidekick plan
    Last edited by RDL; 2009-08-10 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-10 08:12 PM
    It wasnt added. I'm on hold now and they are claiming I need to get rid of my sidekick plan for them to add the web2go. I'm scared because I dont want to lose my sidekick plan (even though its not working) but the rep is claiming they are noting on my account that I can get the sidekick plan back for $19.99 if I choose not to continue with web2go.

I'm going for it. She said sometimes its instant , sometimes it takes 2 hours so.. I'll report back asap!

I have a GOOD feeling its going to work just fine because I am getting sent to the tmobile upsell site when I try the epc APN.. its saying I am not currently signed up for weg2go so as soon as it goes thru my account and I am officially added should be all good!

I'll take the risk if you don't want to lol... If not just let me know as soon as possible! I'll call as soon as you reply with the news

Is the only thing you have to do is change the apn to internet2.voicestream.com ?
    2009-08-10 08:13 PM
381 ... 789101119 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD