This is my 1st post and I've been browsing the posts here and extremely impressed with the helpful and knowledgeable people. I unlocked my iphone, and now I'm trying to save money, so I'm thinking about canceling my outrageously expensive AT&T plan and switching to TMobile. However, I've read that the various hacks to get TMobile data service requires changing the Cellular Data Network setting. One poster said some iPhones with firmware 2.2 don't have that option (mine being one of those) so I guess I am screwed right?
    2009-06-08 10:33 PM
    I have the same problem, I have an unlocked 3G and accidentally used the apple updates. It relocked and I had to use Redsn0w to re-unlock it. However, everything works but my cell phone and I do not get cellular data tag information in the settings and no cell phone signal.
    anyone have any ideas what the problem is?
    thanx
    2009-08-14 09:16 PM
    If you don't have the option then you will need to do a full restore... rejailbreak and unlock. It ALWAYS shows up. If you are on a 3G you will want to restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1 and use redsn0w (look in the download section) to jailbreak. After this follow the guide (in the Guide section) to unlock with ultrasn0w. You will then see the cellular data network pop up in settings.
    2009-08-14 09:18 PM
    ^^ Yeah what he said, and it gets very simple from there by just typing a line.
    2009-08-14 09:30 PM
    I have a unlock/jailbreak 3g iphone with a version 3.0.1... but for some reason I don't have the cellular data network option on my phone... and I thought I needed this in order to use APN!... I'm thinking this is a cause to why my iphone is not working properly. Everytime I try to use my 3g iphone for calls, messaging, or internet, it seems not to work. But when I put my sim into my 1st generation unlock iphone everything works!.. I know for sure i have a smart phone plan with tmobile so it can't be that!.. ***CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO ?!?!?!!?****
    2009-10-03 12:10 AM
    I have a unlock/jailbreak 3g iphone with a version 3.0.1... but for some reason I don't have the cellular data network option on my phone... and I thought I needed this in order to use APN!... I'm thinking this is a cause to why my iphone is not working properly. Everytime I try to use my 3g iphone for calls, messaging, or internet, it seems not to work. But when I put my sim into my 1st generation unlock iphone everything works!.. I know for sure i have a smart phone plan with tmobile so it can't be that!.. ***CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO ?!?!?!!?****
    Make sure 3G is disabled and use a carrier bundle from Cydia.

Lovely

Not
    2009-10-03 09:28 AM
    you dont have to restore. all you have to do is edit the operator carrier plist file and add this string <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key><true/>

example:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>BookmarkURLs</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>BookmarkName</key>
    <string>My T-Mobile</string>
    <key>BookmarkURL</key>
    <string>http://my.t-mobile.com</string>

You might have to do it twice if it doesnt work the first time.
    2009-10-04 07:58 AM
    I had this problem awhile ago. Turns out all i needed to do was uninstall a Carrier Bundle I had installed. Once it was deleted I restarted my iPhone and BAMM! It was there.
    2009-10-04 06:08 PM
    i have this problem also but i cant get on cydia because i cant change my apn to the right setting to get it to work
    2009-10-05 12:54 AM
    Connect to WiFi

Lovely

Not
    2009-10-05 11:22 AM
    Try this site on your iphone. Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone ( www.unlockit.co.nz ) it will enable your apn celluar data network. Have a list of carrier to choose from.
    2009-10-07 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD