I have the following phone:

- iPhone 3G
    - Purchased new in May 2009
    - 2.30 baseboard
    - 2.2.1 firmware
    - Jailbreaked
    - Using Gevy 2+ turbo sim
    - T-Mobile G1 internet package ($35)

On June 1st my internet service on my iphone just stopped working. I called T-Mobile a day later and there was an outage and they didn't know when it will be back up. Throughout the week the internet wasn't working and I called them again to verified if the outage was still in fact out. They confirmed it was.

Monday June 8th, I called in again and T-Mobile confirmed their services was back up and running but my phone still did not emit the internet.

Throughout the week when the service was down I tried everything possible for the APN from:

wap.voicestream.com
    internet2.voicestream.com
    internet3.voicestream.com
    epc.tmobile.com
    hiptop.t-mobile.com
    (found it in one of the threads here)

Nothing of these were working. I entered and reset and tried over and over.

Today, I restored my phone and rejailbreak it again from fresh like when you first buy it and I found out that did not work.

Again I called up T-Mobile and asked them what APN are they using for the $35 G1 internet package and the rep did verify that internet2.voicestream.com was indeed what they are using.

So what the rep wanted to do was to reset my phone service from their end and in less than 10 minutes it was working again using epc.tmobile.com

It seems that the outage knocked me out of the system so they had to provision my services again.

I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time and I figured I would share this info with everybody.

So if your internet isn't working and you have been trying all the APN's provided than I would recommend you call up T-Mobile and have they reset your provisional line from their end.

On another note of 3G on T-Mobile. I noticed that today whenever I use wap.voicestream.com I can activate the 3G button under the network setting on my iPhone.

Cheers.

Mike
    2009-06-10 02:30 AM
    Thanks. Im sure this will help someone.

And to add....

I have AT&T and lost data services at one point....the same thing happened, a *glitch* in the system knocked my data plan out and they had to reprovision my number.
    2009-06-10 02:53 AM
    In another note of 3G on T-Mobile. I noticed that today whenever I use wap.voicestream.com I can activate the 3G button under the network setting on my iPhone.
    Mike
    Are you saying that you have 3G service on T-Mo?
    Interesting, I'd pay the extra bucks to get 3G speed for sure.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-06-10 at 03:21 AM.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-06-10 03:19 AM
    My edge went out again
    2009-06-10 12:41 PM
    Are you saying that you have 3G service on T-Mo?
    Interesting, I'd pay the extra bucks to get 3G speed for sure.
    No, I'm just saying that whenever I use wap.voicestream.com the 3G option button in the network setting doesn't disable my T-Mobile signal for phone service.

Mike
    2009-06-10 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD