are you guys just using regular phones, pda's, or what? I want to get this but all i see on my services is the 9.99 hotspot, 24.99 unlimited web. I have a blackberry now and i know that the services are specific to phones so i set my phone as my old MDA and thats what it came up with. Or should I use another phone?
    We're using iPhones...The $9.99 hotspot charges are up to you, if you use the Tmobile wifi then that's what that's for. But you should definitely switch over to the $9.99 unlimited plan. You're over-paying. Switch your SIM to a dumphone (ie. Nokia, Motorola) and after a while they will see the change in your IMEI. Then call T-Mobile and tell them you want the data plan for web phones. But when I told them I wanted the data plan I told them I had an iPhone, they still gave me the $9.99 plan.
    2009-06-25 02:38 PM
    They have the audacity to call it unlimited data but from all my research it really has a 100Mb cap. Am I smoking something or did I just miss something. Wouldn't you get totally hammered with overage charges if you go over 100Mb usage?
    Direct from my billing statement, I don't think it gets any more confirmed than this.

Bill Cycle Runs: 06/08/09 - 07/07/09
    11 days remaining in this billing cycle.
    Your current use as of: 06/25/09 04:42:37 AM

The following information details account use since your last statement on 06/07/2009.
    This activity will appear on your next statement.

Data: 0 / Unlimited

Service Used Remaining Included Time Period
    Data 0 Unlimited Unlimited Whenever

Total Megabytes 170

Services on Your line

Change services

In addition to the shared plan and services on this account (detailed above), this line also has the following services:

Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages for phones
    2009-06-25 02:49 PM
    Just a quick fyi.....

One thing that I recently learned from speaking with T-mobile is that the 19.99 Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages for phones cannot be applied if you have a family plan.

We currently have two phones on a myFavs for Families plan and we ended up with 24.95 (unlimited txt for families) and 9.99(x2) unlimited internet. Thats 44.93 for both phones to have unlimited internet and messaging. It's actually cheaper than the blackberry plans that we were on though so I'm not complaining.
    2009-06-25 04:00 PM
    Direct from my billing statement, I don't think it gets any more confirmed than this.
    Bill Cycle Runs: 06/08/09 - 07/07/09
    11 days remaining in this billing cycle.
    Your current use as of: 06/25/09 04:42:37 AM
    The following information details account use since your last statement on 06/07/2009.
    This activity will appear on your next statement.
    Data: 0 / Unlimited
    Service Used Remaining Included Time Period
    Data 0 Unlimited Unlimited Whenever
    Total Megabytes 170
    Services on Your line
    Change services
    In addition to the shared plan and services on this account (detailed above), this line also has the following services:
    Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages for phones

Awesome! thanks man, that's great news.
    2009-06-25 04:05 PM
    Just a quick fyi.....

One thing that I recently learned from speaking with T-mobile is that the 19.99 Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages for phones cannot be applied if you have a family plan.

We currently have two phones on a myFavs for Families plan and we ended up with 24.95 (unlimited txt for families) and 9.99(x2) unlimited internet. Thats 44.93 for both phones to have unlimited internet and messaging. It's actually cheaper than the blackberry plans that we were on though so I'm not complaining.
    This service can definitely be used in familiy plans. It would, however, only apply for a single line. So if you want your whole family to have unlimited everything, then your option is better. But if you only want your kid to have texting/data, then the single line $9.99 or $19.99 would be cheaper.
    2009-06-25 04:26 PM
    This service can definitely be used in familiy plans. It would, however, only apply for a single line. So if you want your whole family to have unlimited everything, then your option is better. But if you only want your kid to have texting/data, then the single line $9.99 or $19.99 would be cheaper.
    Great point! I was only looking at it from a family standpoint.
    2009-06-25 04:47 PM
    Just a quick fyi.....

I have a family plan. that 9.99 internet plan that you have is the same internet plan as the 19.99 plan, web2go. so it would be 39.98, a savings of almost five bucks a month. probably not that big of a deal.
    2009-06-29 01:20 PM
    Hey Guys,

Where are you seeing the $19.99? Do you have to call in for that? because the web2go i see is below. Directly copied and pasted

T-Mobile Smartphones

Your T-Mobile Smartphone keeps you connected when you’re on the move, via the Web, e-mail, and messaging. Our web2go services deliver effortless access to the entire Web, optimized for your T-Mobile Smartphone.

It’s easier than ever to connect to the people, places, and information you want when you’re mobile. Just choose the T-Mobile Smartphone service that fits your needs.

T-Mobile Smartphone Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages $34.99/month*

Get unlimited communication capabilities, with unlimited Web access and domestic messages.

Includes:

* Unlimited Web access
    * Unlimited domestic text, picture, and instant messages
    * Unlimited personal e-mail

T-Mobile Smartphone Unlimited Web $24.99/month*

Get unlimited Web access.

The services above include special web2go features to bring you an even better Web browsing experience:

Personalize your phone’s home page

Choose a ready-made home page template with news, sports, celebrity info, and more, or add your own links to your favorite sites. You can even change your home page’s color theme to fit your style.

Yahoo! oneSearch™ mobile search

Get fast, relevant, and easy-to-navigate search results.

My Account

Easy access to your usage, account activity, bill summary, and more.

My Downloads

We'll store your purchased downloaded content here; some items can be downloaded multiple times.

*To provide the best network experience for all of our customers we may temporarily reduce data throughput for a small fraction of customers who use a disproportionate amount of bandwidth. Your data session, plan, or service may be suspended, terminated, or restricted for significant roaming or if you use your service in a way that interferes with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users. Some devices require specific data plans; if you do not have the right plan for your device, you may not be able to use data services. 3G coverage is available only in certain markets and on certain devices. Taxes, fees, and additional charges may apply. Domestic use only. See your data plan terms and T-Mobile's Terms and Conditions on T-Mobile.com.

Let me know!
    2009-07-04 07:38 AM
    In the same site, go to web2go for other phones. Call tmobile from a nokia or other dumbphone and tell them you want to add that service. That's it. Unlimited. Trust me, I'm on that plan.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/....mc_t=OnsiteAd
    Last edited by adp; 2009-07-04 at 07:44 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2009-07-04 09:07 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.