hi, http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf works fine with me (got 1024x768 res.) but I wanted to add this to my carrier.plist, I had though, but I made a mistake, typed UAProfURL so it did not auto filled, after ur post I found out where is the mistake, anyway I want to add this to my carrier.plist in a proper format. so is that one true? what about UserAgent tag? how should it be for Apple?

Code:
    	<key>UAProf</key>
    	<string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string>
    	<key>UserAgent</key>
    	<string>iPhoneOS/3.0</string>
    	<key>Version</key>
    	<string>1.2</string>
    thx
    If you want it to use the default Apple UserAgent and UAProf simply remove the UAProf and UserAgent strings from your plist.
    2009-07-02 03:56 AM
    This is how I got my MMS to work perfectly, I now receive perfect quality pictures. I'm on T-mobile US iPhone 2G FW 3.0

ssh to: /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle
    you will find there a file called "carrier.plist" (rename the original for backup) replace it with this file 2shared - download carrier.plist
    reboot ur iphone (hold both power and home button for a few seconds)
    and you are good to go!

PS - This is only for those that have figured out how to send and receive, but receive poor quality pictures.
    OMG That was just too damn easy! Thank you!!!!
    The pics come out great!!
    2009-07-02 05:29 AM
    This is how I got my MMS to work perfectly, I now receive perfect quality pictures. I'm on T-mobile US iPhone 2G FW 3.0

you will find there a file called "carrier.plist" (rename the original for backup) replace it with this file 2shared - download carrier.plist
    and you are good to go!

PS - This is only for those that have figured out how to send and receive, but receive poor quality pictures.

dude your the fkn man! thanks!!
    2009-07-02 06:57 AM
    I downloaded and set up the ippc file and i can send mms but i cant receive anything!! please help
    i followed the instructions found here: The Iphone Spot Blog Archive Fix For Low Quality Tmobile MMS Images ...

PLEASE HELP!!! when i try sending this to my wife's iphone i can send it but she cant receive and vice versa =(

does the message above me about downloading the .plist work for iphone 3g os 3.0?
    Last edited by lencho; 2009-07-02 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-02 07:05 AM
    I downloaded and set up the ippc file and i can send mms but i cant receive anything!! please help
    i followed the instructions found here: The Iphone Spot Blog Archive Fix For Low Quality Tmobile MMS Images ...

PLEASE HELP!!! when i try sending this to my wife's iphone i can send it but she cant receive and vice versa =(

does the message above me about downloading the .plist work for iphone 3g os 3.0?
    Yes, this all works for 3G and 2G alike. I'd recomend starting here with one of the updated ipcc files.

The page you got the information from got their information from another site which is outdated and I've honestly lost my desire to attempt to keep up to date with their insane moderation policies.
    2009-07-02 07:09 AM

and you are good to go!

I did this and I see the changes in the settings... However my phone is now constantly losing signal. Does it matter if you reboot, vs. sliding to power off? I didnt reboot I held power button and then slide to power off... I'll try to reboot again and see if it helps. Thanks for the info though!!

Never mind. I rebooted again (about 3 times) and ALL is working!! Now about to test the picture reslolution, when someone sends me a pic.
    Last edited by gastonm; 2009-07-02 at 06:49 PM. Reason: working
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile
    2009-07-02 06:37 PM
    I did this and I see the changes in the settings... However my phone is now constantly losing signal. Does it matter if you reboot, vs. sliding to power off? I didnt reboot I held power button and then slide to power off... I'll try to reboot again and see if it helps. Thanks for the info though!!

Never mind. I rebooted again (about 3 times) and ALL is working!! Now about to test the picture reslolution, when someone sends me a pic.
    u can always send urself a pic, its the same thing...
    2009-07-02 07:23 PM
    u can always send urself a pic, its the same thing...
    Yeah I just did that! Thanks
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile
    2009-07-02 09:22 PM
    ok so i think i found the part you are talking about, this is what my carrier.plist looks like (the part your talking about):

Code:
         <key>UAProf</key>
    		<string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string>
    		<key>Version</key>
    		<string>1.2</string>
    so all i have to do is copy/paste ur info over mine with the "sonyericsson" lines u suggest,and the image quality will be better?
    I did this to both my iphone 2g and it worked I sent and recieved mms to both phones and there hi quality even when i save them to the camera roll
    2009-07-03 09:31 AM
    dude u r the best
    2009-07-05 07:17 AM
    Geeez. Where is the file, the plist?

Ok, it's here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4666521-post129.html
    Last edited by shizzabrick; 2009-07-05 at 09:48 AM.
    2009-07-05 09:21 AM

and you are good to go!

I will totally do this... if I knew how to.

Is anyone will to post a step-by-step guide to do this. How I understand this, you have to download the program and restore using it. I know that isn't right, but it's the only thing that remotely makes sense to me.

Thanks in advance for help
    2009-07-06 08:06 PM

Is anyone will to post a step-by-step guide to do this. How I understand this, you have to download the program and restore using it. I know that isn't right, but it's the only thing that remotely makes sense to me.

ok, first of all u need to have a jailbroken iPhone. Install thru cydia "automatic SSH" program. U need this program in order to get into ur phone directory and replace the file.
    If ur using windows download the program WinSCP it's free just look it up on google
    search these forums or the web to find out how to use this programs, they r actually pretty easy to use
    2009-07-08 06:17 AM
    iphonebrowswer works as well

BTW this is no different than what anyone had to do to get swirly MMS working well with good picture resolution. you had to trick the carrier into thinking you were using a supported phone. On my 2G with Swirly MMS it was sent to "Nokia N95" and on my 3G i just used the sony ericsson one
    Last edited by jim0068; 2009-07-08 at 07:20 AM.
    2009-07-08 07:17 AM

This is how I got my MMS to work perfectly, I now receive perfect quality pictures. I'm on T-mobile US iPhone FW 3.0

How to Enable Carrier Bundle Support in iTunes 8.2 in Mac
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Step 1: Quit iTunes
    Step 2: Click to launch Terminal from the dock or from the Applications:Utilities folder.
    Step 3: Enter the following command into the Terminal window:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Step 4: Connect your iPhone and click to launch iTunes from the dock.
    Step 5: Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left then hold down the Option key and click the Check for Updates button.
    Step 6: Now you can now select your .ipcc file as it is not greyed out
    Step 7:ssh carrier.plist to: /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle
    and you are good to go!
    Step 8: SSH custom carrier logos to /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle/T-mobile_us.bundle
    How to Enable Carrier Bundle Support in iTunes 8.2 in Windows
    Step 1: Quit iTunes
    Step 2: Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog. Enter in cmd then click OK
    Step 3: Enter the following command into the Start > Run window.

"CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Step 4: Connect your iPhone and click to launch iTunes from your Start Menu.
    Step 5: Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left then hold down the Shift key and click the Check for Updates button.
    Step 6: Now you can now select your .ipcc file as it is not greyed out
    Step 7:ssh carrier.plist to: /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle
    and you are good to go!
    Step 8: SSH custom carrier logos to /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle/T-mobile_us.bundle
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-07-08 09:02 AM
    I used the modmyi repo to download flexpay carrier settings for tmobile, no resolution problems, no sending errors, everything is working fine! hope it helps, if it doesn't let me know, I will dig up the info or a link.
    2009-07-08 11:44 PM

and you are good to go!

Dude You can spend the night with my girl if you want after posting this... THANK YOU.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva
    2009-07-19 04:52 AM
    LMAO is she hot? Im in south florida ill pinch hit
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-07-19 06:18 AM
    LMAO is she hot? Im in south florida ill pinch hit
    Def hot! I'll PM you a pic. LOL

THANKS!
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva
    2009-07-19 08:19 PM

and you are good to go!

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. MMS is now working perfectly!!
    2009-07-22 04:35 PM
166 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD