I jailbroke my iphone 3g today and usd ultrasnow to unlock it. everything works fine so far. This is my first iphone so I'm not 100% sure how edge and data plans work. I bought the unlimited web for phones for 9.99 from t-mobile. I tried edge and it worked great. However i relised after reading that they have a 50MB limit for data so I'm afraid of going over the limit. What types of things take up MB on the internet? ON average how many MB do you guys use each month? it seems ot work put when I check my account online it says I haven't used any MB yet, how come? What type of things will use up a lot of MB?

-THANKS
    2009-06-24 01:35 AM
    I jailbroke my iphone 3g today and usd ultrasnow to unlock it. everything works fine so far. This is my first iphone so I'm not 100% sure how edge and data plans work. I bought the unlimited web for phones for 9.99 from t-mobile. I tried edge and it worked great. However i relised after reading that they have a 50MB limit for data so I'm afraid of going over the limit. What types of things take up MB on the internet? ON average how many MB do you guys use each month? it seems ot work put when I check my account online it says I haven't used any MB yet, how come? What type of things will use up a lot of MB?

-THANKS
    Are you sure you have a 50mb limit? What's the name of the plan? Because t-mobile now has a $9.99 unlimited data plan for dumbphones (which you can get on your iphone). I have the $19.99 unlimited data + unlimited text.

But in regards to your question, 50mb is nothing for an iphone. I use Pandora, and every 30min music session I have, it takes about 20mb. But even if you don't use pandora, there are some secret data upgrades at night. I was looking at my data detail and there every now and then, randomly, the iphone would use about 5-10mb at 4am...lol on weekdays which I was definitely not awake.I know that if you have an e-mail, the iPhone will check if off your Edge and not WiFi if you are inactive. So while I was sleeping, my iPhone checked my e-mail every 30min. So I would strongly suggest against a 50mb plan unless you plan on turning off your automatic updates, although you would still be pushing it.

But check on the cap again, because I'm pretty sure they don't have it anymore. I used to have the 100mb cap but that went away.
    2009-06-24 03:50 AM
    Are you sure you have a 50mb limit? What's the name of the plan? Because t-mobile now has a $9.99 unlimited data plan for dumbphones (which you can get on your iphone). I have the $19.99 unlimited data + unlimited text.

But in regards to your question, 50mb is nothing for an iphone. I use Pandora, and every 30min music session I have, it takes about 20mb. But even if you don't use pandora, there are some secret data upgrades at night. I was looking at my data detail and there every now and then, randomly, the iphone would use about 5-10mb at 4am...lol on weekdays which I was definitely not awake.I know that if you have an e-mail, the iPhone will check if off your Edge and not WiFi if you are inactive. So while I was sleeping, my iPhone checked my e-mail every 30min. So I would strongly suggest against a 50mb plan unless you plan on turning off your automatic updates, although you would still be pushing it.

But check on the cap again, because I'm pretty sure they don't have it anymore. I used to have the 100mb cap but that went away.
    Yeah I just got the service today in my account its listed as unlimited web for phones (9.99). Its says nothing about any cap, and on my account it says there is no cap. I'm just nervous becuase I have read other forums and some people they say they have the 50mb cap, yet I have had people tell me the just got rid of the cap. However there is no indication on my account that says anything about the cap so I'm guessing your right i have no cap. On your old account did it actually say on your account there was a 100MB cap?
    2009-06-24 04:07 AM
    Yeah I just got the service today in my account its listed as unlimited web for phones (9.99). Its says nothing about any cap, and on my account it says there is no cap. I'm just nervous becuase I have read other forums and some people they say they have the 50mb cap, yet I have had people tell me the just got rid of the cap. However there is no indication on my account that says anything about the cap so I'm guessing your right i have no cap. On your old account did it actually say on your account there was a 100MB cap?

It showed in the mytmobile bill detail, where you go see the numbers you've called, etc.
    2009-06-24 04:18 AM
    It showed in the mytmobile bill detail, where you go see the numbers you've called, etc.
    yeah mine says nothing about a cap. I have also looked over the whole tmobile site and see nothing about any cap. Thats a relieve, thanks for the help!
    2009-06-24 04:32 AM
    I spoke to tmo recently and unlimited is unlimited
    2009-06-24 05:36 AM
    I spoke to tmo recently and unlimited is unlimited
    thanks for the answer, no I don't have to worry when I use 3g!!!
    2009-06-24 06:16 AM
    thanks for the answer, no I don't have to worry when I use 3g!!!
    you mean edge? We don't get 3g...unfortunately. But at least we don't pay triple digit bills!
    2009-06-24 06:24 AM
    you mean edge? We don't get 3g...unfortunately. But at least we don't pay triple digit bills!
    yeah i meant edge. Yeah i know what you mean, att is such a rip-off, I'm lovin just paying 9.99, its such a great deal!
    2009-06-24 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD