O god i am not trying to be rude but if you read as of right now

PUSH DOES NOT WORK WITH 2G PHONES.

I did nothing special....

all i did was follow the instructions for push used a activated sim card from atnt,put in apn from mms and net,and all fine

make sure 3g is also turned off
    Wrong..

Push doesn't work on Hactivated phones..

Legit Activated 2Gs recieve push.
    2009-06-27 05:14 AM
    Worked on my 2G, Activated it with the ATT sim unlocked and jailbroke with redsnow
    Attached Thumbnails How to Get Push Notification Working!!-img_0003.png  
    2009-06-27 05:21 AM
    Is anyone else getting a NO SIM INSTALLED message right after they reboot their phones? Mine signal seems to come back pretty soon after, but I'd love to get rid of that if possible. I'm afraid it'll start giving me that message when my signal gets low like it has previously in some of my less successful jailbreak methods to get push and MMS to work together.

RIght now everything is working besides the NO SIM INSTALLED message.

Any ideas, guys?
    2009-06-27 05:27 AM
    I'm using a iPhone 3G redsn0w'ed T-Mobile

You need a Unactivated ATT Sim
    Take out your T-Mobile SIM and Pop in your Unactivated ATT Sim card.
    Restore Using iTunes
    Jailbreak with redsn0w
    Go to settings and turn off your 3G!
    You should get a "Waiting for activation." message, dismiss it and Open cydia.
    Setup Cydia and all the hoopla.
    Add the Ultrasn0w source repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    Install Ultrasn0w and turn off your phone
    Remove the unactivated ATT sim and insert your T-Mobile sim
    Turn on the phone, once you receive service you should get the message. "iPhone has been activated"

These Instructiosn (and the Reset Network Settings) do not work on an iPhone 2G
    2009-06-27 05:38 AM
    worked for me, Put the att sim in activated the phone, then ran a test to see if push was working, Worked fine, Then i ran redsnow on my 2G unlocked and jailbroke, Works no problem
    2009-06-27 05:50 AM
    pain killer how did you get that colored tmobile at the top and the percentage battery indicator
    go to Cydia, Search: Crisp T-Mobile. The battery percentage indicator became available when i upgraded to 3.0

All i did was:

1)Upgrade Itunes to the newest version
    2)Upgrade my iPhone with iTunes to 3.0
    3)Phone became lock and needed SIM to unlock
    4)Inserted my old ATT SIM and phone bacame Activated
    5)Jailrake with redsn0w
    6)Installed Ultrasn0w
    7)Reinstalled Ultrasn0w cause it kept either searching or lost signal
    8)Thats it...

i have an iPhone 3G
    Last edited by Painkiller7536; 2009-06-27 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-27 06:14 AM
    worked for me, Put the att sim in activated the phone, then ran a test to see if push was working, Worked fine, Then i ran redsnow on my 2G unlocked and jailbroke, Works no problem
    What carrier do you use? There is currently no known fix for Hacktivated 2G users - those who are using an unofficial carrier such as T-Mobile in the USA.
    2009-06-27 07:30 PM
    T-Mobile USA, Look at my earlier posts i have a screenshot, i can post another if you like, Its working no problem at all
    2009-06-27 07:52 PM
    T-Mobile USA, Look at my earlier posts i have a screenshot, i can post another if you like, Its working no problem at all
    Hmm your the first confirmed case i've seen all over the interwebs. I'll definitely give it a try. I only have access to a AT&T GoPhone SIM however.

You might want to report your success on these other forums - these guys are all looking for a 2g hactivated solution:

Push Notifications on hacktivated 2G iPhone Bram Bourgonjon

Jailbroken iPhone Push Notification Problems and Unstable ultrasn0w Signal? | iPhone News, Help and Guides

Beejive - instant messaging anywhere

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...working-5.html
    2009-06-27 08:11 PM
    Heres some more pics of it working and a screenshot of my settings

I have two ATT sims, one wants me to go through some registration process and the other one just says waiting for activation, Then activates the phone, Thats the sim that works for me, Ive tried it on WIFI on EDGE push still works, Tried rebooting, tried it without my sim, Still works, ive tested just about every method and it seems to be working solid, No signal issues either, Seems to be with Redsnow my cell signal is better too

2G Proccess
    1. Restore to 3.0 Factory
    2 Put ATT sim in, make sure it doesnt want you to register, It should just activate your phone.
    3. Test push notifications with like AIM Free or somthing
    4 Jailbreak and Unlock with Redsnow
    5 Put your Sim back in, and Test push again should be working
    6 ENJOY!
    Attached Thumbnails How to Get Push Notification Working!!-img_0007.png   How to Get Push Notification Working!!-img_0008.png  
    Last edited by Pcpro745; 2009-06-27 at 08:28 PM.
    2009-06-27 08:23 PM
    I'm on 3g and I get a no sim message when rebooting my phone. Are you seeing this on the 3g at all? Everything works for me minus that small detail.
    2009-06-27 09:15 PM

I have two ATT sims, one wants me to go through some registration process and the other one just says waiting for activation, Then activates the phone, Thats the sim that works for me, Ive tried it on WIFI on EDGE push still works, Tried rebooting, tried it without my sim, Still works, ive tested just about every method and it seems to be working solid, No signal issues either, Seems to be with Redsnow my cell signal is better too

2G Proccess
    2 Put ATT sim in, make sure it doesnt want you to register, It should just activate your phone.
    6 ENJOY!
    Thats great - except your testing while your connected to wifi?? Of course its working over wifi. What about over Edge?
    2009-06-27 10:47 PM

2G Proccess
    6 ENJOY!
    I would agree that should work....But what kind of ATT sim does not want you to register?? I have 2 - one that is activated from my old razor and one unactivated that came with the iPhone. They both want me to register via iTunes.
    Last edited by justin520; 2009-06-27 at 11:07 PM.
    2009-06-27 10:49 PM
    ok heres edge then, Happy?
    Attached Thumbnails How to Get Push Notification Working!!-img_0009.png  
    2009-06-27 11:11 PM
    I would agree that should work....But what kind of ATT sim does not want you to register?? I have 2 - one that is activated from my old razor and one unactivated that came with the iPhone. They both want me to register via iTunes.
    I have two one works one doesnt, The first one wants to register with the sims phone number and stuff but the other one has been used in a iphone before so it just activates right away i noticed
    2009-06-27 11:13 PM
    I have two one works one doesnt, The first one wants to register with the sims phone number and stuff but the other one has been used in a iphone before so it just activates right away i noticed
    So it has to be a previously activated ATT sim card?

Did it have to be used on an iPhone before, is the question.
    2009-06-27 11:40 PM
    yes, the sim was in an iphone activated before i got it so im assuming the sim has to have been activated before but i could be wrong, The only way to figure out is put the sim in, if the phone says "Waiting for activation" youll be good to go, if itunes pops up with the iphone picture and ATT logo it wants to register that wont work unless you know the information to put in
    2009-06-27 11:46 PM
    yes, the sim was in an iphone activated before i got it so im assuming the sim has to have been activated before but i could be wrong, The only way to figure out is put the sim in, if the phone says "Waiting for activation" youll be good to go, if itunes pops up with the iphone picture and ATT logo it wants to register that wont work unless you know the information to put in
    it must need to be a previous activated iPhone sim. because i'm using a activated att sim from my old razor that i've been using on version 2.2.1 and it still is trying to get me to register via iTunes with ATT logo crap on the screen. so once i run redsn0w (im not choosing to unlock) im past the activation but i still cant get Push to work in AIM.
    Last edited by justin520; 2009-06-27 at 11:54 PM.
    2009-06-27 11:52 PM
    Someone needs to try it with a previously activated ATT sim from an iPhone and see if it works...
    Last edited by 96hondaex; 2009-06-28 at 12:13 AM.
    2009-06-28 12:07 AM
    ignore this post
    2009-06-28 02:03 AM
167 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.