ok so i just got my gf a used iphone 3g, i have one as well on tmobile, but i'm using the 19.99 blackberry plan they don't off anymore which has worked fine for me...but i'm wondering if this 19.99 unlimited text/web service will work for the iphone..i called customer service about this on my phone, but they kept pushing the "34.99" plan...but see they think she still has her crappy samsung, so if they continue to think this, i'm sure they'll add this plan to her account with no problem...i was just curious if it even works with an iphone? anyone here use this data plan? and also is it really unlimited as far as internet goes?
    2009-06-25 09:36 PM
    ok so i just got my gf a used iphone 3g, i have one as well on tmobile, but i'm using the 19.99 blackberry plan they don't off anymore which has worked fine for me...but i'm wondering if this 19.99 unlimited text/web service will work for the iphone..i called customer service about this on my phone, but they kept pushing the "34.99" plan...but see they think she still has her crappy samsung, so if they continue to think this, i'm sure they'll add this plan to her account with no problem...i was just curious if it even works with an iphone? anyone here use this data plan? and also is it really unlimited as far as internet goes?
    Yes, the plan works with the iPhone...When you call, try to switch to a crappy phone. I told them I had an iPhone and they still added the plan, but I guess it depends on the rep. Whatever you do, DO NOT get the 34.99 plan. Both plans offer unlimited data. Make sure your APN is internet2.voicestream.com - Works great. Let me know if you have any other questions
    2009-06-25 09:54 PM
    Yes, web2go will work.
    2009-06-25 09:54 PM
    Speaking from an iPhone 2G standpoint, that plan works. I just switched to if from the 19.99 blackberry plan and have had no problems. Put in the correct APN settings and you should be in business.
    2009-06-25 09:57 PM
    if i get this plan and they find out the worst that could happen is make me upgrade to the 35$ one right?
    No signature spam or links... Thanks
    2009-06-25 10:18 PM
    if i get this plan and they find out the worst that could happen is make me upgrade to the 35$ one right?
    That's the worst case scenario. They would block your connection until you change your plan. But trust me, theres PLENTY of iPhone users in this Web2Go plan. They know that if they make us all move over to the $34.99 plan, they will lose more money from all the customers switching over.

You'll be just fine! There's still a bunch of people using the $5.99 T-Zones plan and they would be the first to get the boot, not us!
    2009-06-25 10:49 PM
    yeah so i'll just sign her up with that plan for her samsung she has now...see i pay the 19.99 for the blackberry web(i had a bb previously) and 9.99 for 1000 text/mms messages, i'd like myself to also sign up for the 19.99 web2go unlimited to say myself 10 bucks a month...maybe if i tell them i don't have the iphone anymore they'll add it on...sometime i hear if you use live chat you get a better chance of arguing to get these kinda changes..maybe i'll try that...
    2009-06-25 11:15 PM
    yeah so i'll just sign her up with that plan for her samsung she has now...see i pay the 19.99 for the blackberry web(i had a bb previously) and 9.99 for 1000 text/mms messages, i'd like myself to also sign up for the 19.99 web2go unlimited to say myself 10 bucks a month...maybe if i tell them i don't have the iphone anymore they'll add it on...sometime i hear if you use live chat you get a better chance of arguing to get these kinda changes..maybe i'll try that...

Yeah you're definitely overpaying...they didn't give me any trouble at all. Put ur sim on the samsung and call them, that should do it.
    2009-06-25 11:51 PM
    Is this contract free?

Also how good is the service when using internet off other providers like tmobile? Pretty much the same?
    2009-06-26 12:10 AM
    It's not a contract, it's a monthly fee service added to a plan. The speed is ok, you won't get 3g speed but it will get basic Internet capabilities. As for other providers, I havnt really tried so I'm not sure.
    2009-06-26 12:35 AM
    Yeah you're definitely overpaying...they didn't give me any trouble at all. Put ur sim on the samsung and call them, that should do it.
    ok this may sound like a dumb question, but can a carrier tell what phone your using by what phone ur sim card is in? u just made me curious with that comment u made about putting my sim back into the samsung
    2009-06-26 12:37 AM
    ok this may sound like a dumb question, but can a carrier tell what phone your using by what phone ur sim card is in? u just made me curious with that comment u made about putting my sim back into the samsung
    Yes, at least tmobile does. But they won't do anything about it because it would make them lose money. They knew I had an iPhone when I called CS once, and when I gave my gf my old Nokia, tmobile automatically identified it in mytmobile.com
    2009-06-26 12:44 AM
    again another question alittle off topic...but with a second iphone being hooked upto the same pc, is there gunna be any problems with hooking upto itunes? or will itunes keep each phone and such things as pics and apps related to that particular phone separate? i was never sure how that worked...
    2009-06-26 01:53 AM
    again another question alittle off topic...but with a second iphone being hooked upto the same pc, is there gunna be any problems with hooking upto itunes? or will itunes keep each phone and such things as pics and apps related to that particular phone separate? i was never sure how that worked...
    Mmm...I think you can do two devices on one computer. Both my iPhone and my brother's iPod 5G have the same library in the computer. But I'm not 100% sure if the same case applies for 2 iPhones, as the Apps are backed-up in iTunes...

EDIT: I used the search function (which will help you as well) and found out that you can back up as many iPhones in one computer as you want. But you can only have one iTunes per iPhone

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...e-macbook.html
    Last edited by adp; 2009-06-26 at 03:21 AM.
    2009-06-26 03:18 AM
    I don't have a Mac, but in Windows I set up another user account on the computer that I sync my phone from. Works great!
    2009-06-27 09:08 AM
    I don't have a Mac, but in Windows I set up another user account on the computer that I sync my phone from. Works great!
    HAHAHA great plan! I hadn't though about that route!
    2009-06-29 08:44 PM
    Im still using the sidekick 19.99 unlimited data/txt plan
    2009-06-29 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD