This is great news for all of us T-mobile users. It makes sense, as the G1 should be capable of using Visual Voicemail. This service is already available in T-mobile Germany.

As an FYI, to enable the APN settings for Visual voicemail, follow the instructions on this thread:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ne-safari.html
    It will enable Internet Tethering and Visual Voicemail (settings only) so you get 2 deals for one.

To read the articles regarding the July 16th release, click here:
    http://www.electronista.com/articles...oicemail.soon/
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...l-this-summer/
    Last edited by adp; 2009-06-26 at 06:39 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2009-06-26 06:28 PM
    Nice!
    2009-06-27 08:30 AM
    Interesting, I thought Apple had a copy right to visual voicemail. Hopefully this works, it would be huge for unlockers
    2009-06-27 09:56 AM
    And how much is this going to cost us?
    2009-06-27 10:25 AM
    And how much is this going to cost us?
    No word on that yet. I thought it was free for AT&T. Verizon has a fee.
    Last edited by adp; 2009-06-27 at 03:01 PM.
    2009-06-27 02:58 PM
    It's part of the iPhone data package.
    2009-06-27 03:03 PM
    From what I can see, Verizon charges $3 a month. I think that's a little expensive, IMO. You can get 400 messages for close to that price with T-Mo. I hope they offer a lower price.
    2009-06-27 03:29 PM
    Wow, I guess i just assumed it would be FREE if you had a phone that supported it. I don't even know what I'm missing with visual voicemail so if its not free I'll pass since I don't know what I'm missin anyway. Its just sounds useful but I can't imagine its worth whatever they might charge for it.
    2009-06-27 08:42 PM
    Wow, I guess i just assumed it would be FREE if you had a phone that supported it. I don't even know what I'm missing with visual voicemail so if its not free I'll pass since I don't know what I'm missin anyway. Its just sounds useful but I can't imagine its worth whatever they might charge for it.
    I was hoping it would be free as well. I hope it's included in the data plans. It's very useful, but you can live without it. It basically converts voicemail to text, sends it to your phone (instead of it being on a server). So you don't have to call to listen. Someone who constantly receives voicemail would find it useful to pay, otherwise I'll consider it only if it's free of charge.
    2009-06-27 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD