I have sidekick prepaid with my 2G. Is it possible to get MMS working? The APN for sidekick data is "hiptop.t-mobile.com". Wap apc and others, I believe, require a data voice plan.
    The author of this thread has gotten blank APN to work with sidekick. I can confirm this. Can MMS be worked with this?
    2009-06-30 04:49 PM
    I have sidekick prepaid with my 2G. Is it possible to get MMS working? The APN for sidekick data is "hiptop.t-mobile.com". Wap apc and others, I believe, require a data voice plan.
    The author of this thread has gotten blank APN to work with sidekick. I can confirm this. Can MMS be worked with this?
    I am Trying to see if i can get MMS to work the right way so far i am able to send the MMS but can get anyback cuz the apn settings do not stick so a am working on fixing this i hope to have it ready by next week so say tuned =D
    2009-06-30 08:35 PM
    To everyone who installed this on their 3Gs... why? Every first post about either the downloadable install files or the Cydia package "activateMMS2g" mentions 2G - hell the Cydia package has 2G in the name.

/facepalm

You do NOT need a hack to use MMS on the 3G (unless you are with ATT), you just need the right settings.
    2009-06-30 08:55 PM
    Thank You mrgermy!!!! people cant get it to there head that you cant install the patch onto a 3G IPhone
    2009-06-30 09:14 PM
    I installed this on my 3G, thinking it would enable MMS, and now I can't even boot up my iPhone. Why is the description of the package Apple.com!? Now I have to restore… At least say SOMEWHERE on there that it's for the original iPhone only. I can see TONS of people doing exactly what I did who now have to restore.
    It's for 2G only, hence the name "mms2g"
    2009-06-30 09:40 PM
    I am Trying to see if i can get MMS to work the right way so far i am able to send the MMS but can get anyback cuz the apn settings do not stick so a am working on fixing this i hope to have it ready by next week so say tuned =D
    Great! I have tried many settings combo. No luck.
    2009-06-30 10:47 PM
    working fine here try the ipcc files in this thread

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...olution-5.html
    2009-06-30 10:50 PM
    Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I just changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com, it's interesting to see that T-Mobile seems to have opened all port via that APN (before they blocked the hell out of everything, hence the reason for the proxy hack).

Anyway, I sent an MMS to myself and it sent fine (without the 5 minute lag some are reporting) and promptly received it (of course, the image was scaled down).

Working Steps (T-Mobile USA):

1) Install the hack via Cydia (Reboot)
    2) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and tap Reset Settings
    3) Reboot
    4) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input wap.voicestream.com for both APNs and use these settings:

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

5) Reboot
    6) Settings -> Messages and check that MMS Messaging is on.

You should now be able to send picture messages. No need for the carrier update.

Here is another T-Mobile USA MMS setting:

[MMS] APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Side note: Does anyone know if this guy has PayPal? I am definitely donating!

EDIT: List of more profiles: List of available UAProf profiles
    Worked like a charm! Thanks for the info, even if it was a repost!
    2009-07-01 10:15 PM
    Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I installed the ActivateMMS app from Cydia after I had installed Itunes 8.2.1 and I do not get Cellular Data in Settings>General. Anyone else getting this? And is there a workaround?

A.
    2009-07-20 09:31 PM
    2009-07-21 02:19 AM
    This has worked on 2 different Iphones on T-Mobile (I have T-Zones plan)

First Install activatemms2g from Cydia and then reboot you should have the "camera" icon next to where you txt in the SMS app

Install "T-mobile USA Carrier Bundle"
    FOLLOW THIS THREAD FIRST (FOR SPECIFIC DATA PLANS SETTINGS) sidekick,blackberry,tzones etc..
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...er-bundle.html

After that reboot you be set (there wont be any options for apn or anything under settings) but it should be all set up with good size pictures on MMS
    2009-07-21 04:41 AM
    I was doing a bunch of stuff to make it work, but that looks like it did the trick to get the icon to appear, now I am having the trouble with getting the apn setting to stick. Any ideas?

A.

Double Edit! I got it to work I think, I just need to hack the wifey's iphone to see if I can send and receive.

Thanks prelude9si for answering my question, and to the developers for making it work.

A.
    Last edited by Antonius138; 2009-07-21 at 10:16 PM.
    2009-07-21 07:28 PM
    i have a 2g on t-mobile with 3.0

i am curious as to if there is a way to get the mms settings showing up without having cydia

any help would be great!
    2009-07-22 02:50 AM
    This has worked on 2 different Iphones on T-Mobile (I have T-Zones plan)

First Install activatemms2g from Cydia and then reboot you should have the "camera" icon next to where you txt in the SMS app

Install "T-mobile USA Carrier Bundle"
    FOLLOW THIS THREAD FIRST (FOR SPECIFIC DATA PLANS SETTINGS) sidekick,blackberry,tzones etc..
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...er-bundle.html

After that reboot you be set (there wont be any options for apn or anything under settings) but it should be all set up with good size pictures on MMS
    That is NOT for the 2G. The author has made it clear that he will not support the 2G iPhone.

Regardless, I've tried that approach as I have EVERY other one that I've seen. I have yet to send or receive any MMS. What's worse, apparently the iPhone considers sending group SMS as MMS, so I'm doing a LOT of copy and pasting when I want to send a message to more than one person.
    2009-07-23 05:58 PM
    how do you down load the hack via cydia, i cant find it, can someone give me instructions on how to?i have iphone 2g 3.1.2 i ha dot get 3.1.2 because somethign on 3.0 screwed up my phone
    Last edited by crossfire027; 2009-10-27 at 09:33 PM.
    2009-10-27 09:22 PM
    Theres also now an app that does the same thing from cydia, its called activatemms2g
    Is this app sill around? I have a Jail Broken 2g, but cant find it in Cydia.
    2009-10-29 09:59 PM
    Cool, my MMS is now working on my 2G!

For those that couldnt find the "activatemms2g" app in Cydia, follow this Youtube guide...once complete, you should be set.

Heres the vid:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr0arX22in0]YouTube - How to Activate MMS on the iPhone 2G for AT&T or T-Mobile[/ame]

BTW: Im on a 2G firmware 3.0 with Tmobile Tzones plan...
    Last edited by shuffle8gig; 2009-10-30 at 08:29 PM.
    2009-10-30 08:27 PM
    Mine is up and running! Great post by shuffle8gig
    2009-11-05 02:55 PM
    mine works great now. thanks
    2009-11-06 06:52 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD