i have a iphone 3g unlocked AND jailbroken running 3.0 using tmobile, did the whole rstore and setup as new phone thing, but here is the thing , when im using edge it kills my battery, i can watch it drain by the minute, however it does not do this on wifi, and i never had the problem with 2.2.1, any ideas and is this happening to anyone else?
    2009-06-29 12:36 AM
    i have a iphone 3g unlocked AND jailbroken running 3.0 using tmobile, did the whole rstore and setup as new phone thing, but here is the thing , when im using edge it kills my battery, i can watch it drain by the minute, however it does not do this on wifi, and i never had the problem with 2.2.1, any ideas and is this happening to anyone else?
    Sounds interesting. I havent noticed this issue myself.
    2009-06-29 02:28 AM
    turn off edge then, problem solved
    2009-06-29 04:52 AM
    turn off edge then, problem solved
    Well, no because then he wouldn't have any data. I'm pretty sure there's no global wifi network.

Whenever I use edge, it does noticeably use more battery. It doesn't drain it though. But the phone does get very hot. It's just the way it is for cellular data. If you used 3G speeds, then it would drain your battery even faster.

Your battery may be "draining" quickly because its old/been used a lot. iPhone batteries can only be recharged 300-400 times before it loses 80% of its life. The only fix you can do for this is either buy a "third party" battery and replace it yourself, or buy one of those external battery packs.
    Last edited by adp; 2009-06-29 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2009-06-29 01:19 PM
    Well, no because then he wouldn't have any data. I'm pretty sure there's no global wifi network.

oh i was thinking turning off the edge in sbsettings and turning it on when you need it, but i forgot that he wont get email
    2009-06-29 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD