Username: blank
    Password: blank
    MMSC : http://mms.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

if this helped hit the thanx

edit: im on t-zones.
    edit: my pictures come in with good resolution it doesnt seem to be compressing them when i receive them or maybe im just use to non-high def photos...ill send one to my phone and see what happens..

edit:tmobile also thinks i have a blackberry 9800.
    Last edited by kryptedak; 2009-06-30 at 03:07 AM.
    <put something witty here?>

2009-06-29 04:20 AM
    with the UA Prof URL do you actually get high res incoming pics or no? cause so far that UA Prof URL does nothing
    2009-06-29 06:57 AM
    Good job buddy!
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx
    2009-06-29 09:40 AM
    Doesn't work for me! My EDGE will only work with the "internet2.voicestream.com" APN for cellular data network. (Otherwise gives me some message about not being compatble with my device- I'm on the $9.99 tmobile web2go plan).

MMS messaging isn't working with any of them. (I changed the APNs together.... they always matched). I tried the wap.voicestream.com and epc.tmobile.com and no luck.

Suggestions?...
    2009-06-29 03:46 PM
    Doesn't work for me! My EDGE will only work with the "internet2.voicestream.com" APN for cellular data network. (Otherwise gives me some message about not being compatble with my device- I'm on the $9.99 tmobile web2go plan).

MMS messaging isn't working with any of them. (I changed the APNs together.... they always matched). I tried the wap.voicestream.com and epc.tmobile.com and no luck.

Suggestions?...
    I have the same problem, I have to use the internet2.voicestream.com because I was flagged by tmobile. I also can't get MMS to work with either server.
    2009-06-29 06:23 PM
    with the UA Prof URL do you actually get high res incoming pics or no? cause so far that UA Prof URL does nothing
    I'm interested to know this as well. So far the only problem I'm having with my mms IS the resolution. Even with videos, the resolution is jacked.
    2009-06-29 06:38 PM
    You guys are lucky my settings wont even stay there even when my APN is epc.tmobile.com for both the MMS APN is goes awy but all the mms settings stay there.
    2009-06-29 06:39 PM
    You guys are lucky my settings wont even stay there even when my APN is epc.tmobile.com for both the MMS APN is goes awy but all the mms settings stay there.
    Have you tried tapping reset settings from inside the Cellular Data Network, reboot and reenter them? I've heard that some have gotten the APN to stick that way......
    2009-06-29 06:43 PM
    They are ok. Not the best Swirly is still better.
    Have you tried tapping reset settings from inside the Cellular Data Network, reboot and reenter them? I've heard that some have gotten the APN to stick that way......
    Thank you now i can recive pics but for some reason i cant send I have everything he has.
    2009-06-29 07:02 PM
    They are ok. Not the best Swirly is still better.

Thank you now i can recive pics but for some reason i cant send I have everything he has.
    My settings are the same as others here on the board but different than the OP here. Mine are as follows:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSChttp://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: blank
    MMS UA Prof URL: blank

It's very curious how some people's work and others don't. I would think that the APN and MMS settings would be plan specific but could be completely wrong about that...
    2009-06-29 07:34 PM
    I can confirm that I couldn't get MMS to work at all with any of the settings I tried but this seemed to do the trick. Sending and receiving both take a ridiculous amount of time and the incoming picture and video resolution are....well, garbage. Still, great progress.
    2009-06-29 08:00 PM
    I can confirm that I couldn't get MMS to work at all with any of the settings I tried but this seemed to do the trick. Sending and receiving both take a ridiculous amount of time and the incoming picture and video resolution are....well, garbage. Still, great progress.
    So yours is up and running crawling?
    Yeah sending and receiving take quite a while and the resolution seems to be the main focus at this point.

There is a custom file that some are trying from HERE that was just posted.
    2009-06-29 08:15 PM
    I have the same problem, I have to use the internet2.voicestream.com because I was flagged by tmobile. I also can't get MMS to work with either server.
    What do you mean you were "flagged" by Tmobile? I just purchased the $9.99 plan intended to work for the TMobile Shadow. (I only got this phone a month ago) Is there a way to break it so we can work off any internet? BECAUSE...

I GOT IT TO WORK! I received a picture message from a friend who said she sent them a LONG time ago, and was able to send/receive to myself. I used these settings

""
    Working Steps (T-Mobile USA):

1) Install the hack via Cydia (Reboot)
    2) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and tap Reset Settings
    3) Reboot
    4) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input wap.voicestream.com for both APNs and use these settings:

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)
    ""

The MMSC is different from the one everyone else is using...

EDIT: Even with the MMS working my EDGE will not work unless my cellular data network APN is internet2.voicestream.com. The MMS works when I change it to wap.voicestream.com. Is there a workaround that will allow me to use the wap.voicestream.com APN so I can use both EDGE and MMS?? I'm on the $9.99 unlimited web2go plan...
    Last edited by StellaCaelum5; 2009-06-29 at 10:50 PM.
    2009-06-29 10:17 PM
    MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)
    ""

The MMSC is different from the one everyone else is using...
    UMMMMmmmm those are the settings that I posted earlier in #10 of this thread with the exception of the Max message size and Prof url which haven't proven to make a difference as of yet.
    2009-06-29 10:25 PM
    UMMMMmmmm those are the settings that I posted earlier in #10 of this thread with the exception of the Max message size and Prof url which haven't proven to make a difference as of yet.
    Yeah I saw that. BUT, I'm trying to find a way to make those settings work with my EDGE as well. That's what I was saying in the intro paragraph on my post. Sorry if it wasn't clear. So those settings work for my MMS but my EDGE will ONLY connect when the APN is the internet2... Anyone know any sort of fix?

ok so i followed the steps on this thread

"http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/641191-mms-iphone-2g-os-3-0-a.html"

and my mms setting didnt match his so these are what worked for me
    -both sending and receiving

general<network<cellular data network<

cellular data

MMS
    MMSC : http://mms.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

if this helped hit the thanx

What kind of internet service do you have through TMobile? What kind of phone is registered on your account?
    Last edited by StellaCaelum5; 2009-06-29 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-29 11:19 PM
    none of these worked for me.
    2009-06-30 12:40 AM
    Im sorry, but why would you have to have an internet plan to get pic messages,when they are included with unlimited text plan. I can get them on any phone on my plan except my iphone. I know i dont know a lot about the ipone but it would seem like if it was able to get pic messages we wouldnt need to have an internet plan. I know you dont have to have one with swirly.

my 2 cents
    2009-06-30 02:16 AM
    Yeah I saw that. BUT, I'm trying to find a way to make those settings work with my EDGE as well. That's what I was saying in the intro paragraph on my post. Sorry if it wasn't clear. So those settings work for my MMS but my EDGE will ONLY connect when the APN is the internet2... Anyone know any sort of fix?
    Ahhhhh gottcha. You might want to browse through the last few pages of this discussion. Post #598 by Tekwiz will hopefully help you.

What kind of internet service do you have through TMobile? What kind of phone is registered on your account?
    As far as I know I still show up to T-Mo as a BB Pearl although I've talked to tier 3 support several times and told them I am using an iPhone. I currently have the 9.99 web2go plan with 19.99 unlimited txt and messages for families.
    2009-06-30 04:01 AM
    I have been trying every damn combination of settings, and finally found one that works.

I use TZones for internet. I had ORIGINALLY had my APN set to epc.tmobile.com

In order for MMS to work, I had to use wap.voicestream.com

I tried using a profile to allow me to have different settings for MMS and internet, but that didn't work.

My connection through wap.voicestream.com for internet still uses Edge and I get the same speed I did before. So It doesn't seem to be a problem.

My working setting:

Cellular Data
    APN:wap.voicestream.com
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

MMS:
    APN: (blank)
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    MMS Proxy:216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: (blank)
    MMS UA Prof URL: (blank)
    2009-06-30 06:55 AM
    hey i have the 19.99 internet with tmobile
    i cant get any of these to work
    only using stella's settings can i get the option of sending pics in the messaing app
    any ideas?
    2009-06-30 08:44 AM
44 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD