Thanks that should help everyone, but what about the other settings? I don't think they universally the same?

MMSC: xxxx.xxx.xxx.xx/servlets/mms
    Proxy: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL:
    I don't use that one. Check first post. I use the alternative, newer one for all, and it seems to work for all.

If you find these bundles useful, please consider donating. I have spent many days working on them, and I'll be able to devote more time responding to questions in the forum. My next goal is Visual Voice Mail. It's safe and secure via PayPal. I thank you for your support.

DONATE
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-06 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-06 08:06 PM
    SpookyET: Can you advise me in enabling the Tethering and Cellular Data Network options?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jacobesterque; 2009-07-06 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    2009-07-06 09:19 PM
    SpookyET: Anyway you can advise me in enabling the Tethering and Cellular Data Network options?

Thanks.
    Tethering should be available. If it isn't. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    If it that doesn't work, something is interfering, and I can't tell you what.

The Cellular Data Menu is disabled by default. If the bundle works, you should have no use for it.
    To enable it, you must SSH into your phone and edit the carrier.plist file.

Add:
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
    <true/>

Above:
    <key>BookmarkURLs</key>

Restart.

If you know Git, you can always pull from here http://github.com/SpookyET/T-Mobile-...tree/data_menu and run the build/make-package script.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-06 at 11:07 PM.
    2009-07-06 09:48 PM
    What does GroupModeEnabled do?
    It it's disabled on all iPhones official or not. It's when you want to send a SMS to 40 people. I'm not sure if it is even supported by the phone. I have never tried it.
    2009-07-07 12:25 AM
    It it's disabled on all iPhones official or not. It's when you want to send a SMS to 40 people. I'm not sure if it is even supported by the phone. I have never tried it.
    For those with really old postpaid/flexpaid accounts with TZones for which none of the bundles worked, I want you to test the attached IPCC and tell me if it's working. EVERYONE ELSE, IGNORE IT!!!
    Attached Files
    2009-07-07 04:13 AM
    I'm on prepaid Sidekick, and sending photo MMS does not work. The "sending" bar gets about 80% of the way, then it stops, and the red error exclamation mark appears next to my photo. Anyone know what might be wrong here?
    2009-07-07 04:16 AM
    I'm on prepaid Sidekick, and sending photo MMS does not work. The "sending" bar gets about 80% of the way, then it stops, and the red error exclamation mark appears next to my photo. Anyone know what might be wrong here?
    Does Internet work? Are you on 2G?
    2009-07-07 04:30 AM
    Does Internet work? Are you on 2G?
    Internet is working fine, and I'm on a 3G.
    2009-07-07 04:36 AM
    Internet is working fine, and I'm on a 3G.
    Try this: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

If that does not work, try the attached file. EVERYONE ELSE, IGNORE IT!!!
    Attached Files
    2009-07-07 04:40 AM
    Try this: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

If that does not work, try the attached file. EVERYONE ELSE, IGNORE IT!!!
    Resetting network settings didn't help. Now should I uninstall the carrier bundle from Cydia before I install this new one?
    2009-07-07 05:00 AM
    Resetting network settings didn't help. Now should I uninstall the carrier bundle from Cydia before I install this new one?
    Yes. Please do. This one, you install via iTunes. If you don't know how, download the zip file in the first post and read the README.txt. Do not install the prepaid_sidekick bundle from there. IT's the same as in Cydia. Install the one attached to the previous post.
    2009-07-07 05:08 AM
    i used cydia to install the blackberry version because i have unlimited bb internet. rebooted, opened safari and it said "could not activate cellular data network". i even reset network settings, reebooted, and got the same message in safari.

is it supposed to take a while before it kicks in? i've had the bb plan for about 5months. and it IS active on my account. was i supposed to do anything prior?

3g and data roming is off. doesnt work if its on either.

on 3.0 with iphone 3g any ideas? i have nothing else installed via cydia, no apps, nothing. just bare as it was just restored.

MMS works... sent myself a pic
    Last edited by trini_pirate; 2009-07-07 at 08:25 AM.
    2009-07-07 08:17 AM
    i used cydia to install the blackberry version because i have unlimited bb internet. rebooted, opened safari and it said "could not activate cellular data network". i even reset network settings, reebooted, and got the same message in safari.

is it supposed to take a while before it kicks in? i've had the bb plan for about 5months. and it IS active on my account. was i supposed to do anything prior?

3g and data roming is off. doesnt work if its on either.

on 3.0 with iphone 3g any ideas? i have nothing else installed via cydia, no apps, nothing. just bare as it was just restored.

MMS works... sent myself a pic

What's your BlackBerry APN? If you look in the first post, I'm using blackberry.net. Another person with BlackBerry had no problems.
    2009-07-07 03:47 PM
    What's your BlackBerry APN? If you look in the first post, I'm using blackberry.net. Another person with BlackBerry had no problems.
    i believe it is. i don't understand what the problem is. and of course i can't edit it. i guess i'll call tmobile and see whats up. or maybe switch back to regular internet(will that even matter?)
    2009-07-07 11:39 PM
    Call tmobile.
    2009-07-08 12:42 AM
    Hello, having some issues

Iphone 3G
    Iphone 3.0 OS
    Voice Plan = family plan 700 shared minutes no my faves
    Data Plan = t-zones (grandfathered in)

Using the EPC for data and the T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid MANUALLY inputted i get MMS to work (send/receive) however receiving is blurry most likely because i don't have a different user agent which makes sense because with Swirly MMS on my 2G phone i had to trick it as well.

Anyway, if i install the T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid through cydia nothing works including MMS and i don't get any tethering options.

Also, manually adjusting APN settings for internet i know for a FACT that epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com are the only data APN's that work. I haven't tried the legacy installs but i know the internet2 or internet3 data APN's won't work.

I'm going to try the attached ipcc file in post #329 in the meantime.

Any help is appreciated and if you can help me get it all working i will donate

EDIT

BTW, my MMS only works with WIFI OFF..anyone know why?
    Last edited by jim0068; 2009-07-08 at 05:05 AM.
    2009-07-08 05:00 AM
    Call tmobile.
    before i called i decided to manually input the APN after the bundle was removed and i rebooted. BOTH epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com work. nothing else does, not even blackberry.net. So i decided to test the bundles with the epc and wap as the APN but they did not work. So now i'm stuck in a predicament where i can get internet with manual settings. and ONLY MMS via a bundle. I don't understand why it would work manually and not from a bundle.

P.S i'm not so sure blackberry.net works for BIS customers, it's possible it's only for BES customers.

UPDATE: after writing this post i made one last attempt and used this bundle:
    T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid
    so far Edge works fine.
    still waiting on an MMS to reach someone. also waiting on an incoming MMS. surely not instant.
    i'm almost convinced blackberry.net is a no go for regular BIS users unless i'm proved wrong.
    Last edited by trini_pirate; 2009-07-08 at 05:51 AM.
    2009-07-08 05:40 AM
    I just did a complete restore to make sure I'm not causing this error but I still have it.

Iphone 3G
    OS 3.0
    Tmo - Family Plan
    Data - Sidekick postpaid

When I install the sidekick postpaid file through cydia and then reboot I loose my ability to manage network settings (normal I know). But when I open safari it tells me 'you do not have a data plan' blah blah. So when I go back and delete your file and reboot I can plug in my own settings again and all is back to normal. I can mms, surf the internet, text whatever.

The setting I HAVE to use to get everything working right.

APN - Hiptop,t-mobile.com

MMS APN - wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC - 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    mms proxy - 216.155.165.50:8080

Im lost.
    2009-07-08 06:29 AM
    Hello, having some issues

Iphone 3G
    Iphone 3.0 OS
    Voice Plan = family plan 700 shared minutes no my faves
    Data Plan = t-zones (grandfathered in)

Using the EPC for data and the T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid MANUALLY inputted i get MMS to work (send/receive) however receiving is blurry most likely because i don't have a different user agent which makes sense because with Swirly MMS on my 2G phone i had to trick it as well.

Anyway, if i install the T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid through cydia nothing works including MMS and i don't get any tethering options.

Also, manually adjusting APN settings for internet i know for a FACT that epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com are the only data APN's that work. I haven't tried the legacy installs but i know the internet2 or internet3 data APN's won't work.

I'm going to try the attached ipcc file in post #329 in the meantime.

Any help is appreciated and if you can help me get it all working i will donate

EDIT

BTW, my MMS only works with WIFI OFF..anyone know why?
    Official carrier bundles that come from Apple for all its supported carriers are installed in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/. The Cydia packages also install there /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle.

IPCC files not updated automatically by iTunes, but installed through carrier testing mode are installed into /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles. In carrier testing mode, it will override anything installed properly in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles. If you've been messing with IPCC files from around the net, you'll get adverse effects. I don't know if disabling carrier testing mode in iTunes is smart enough to send a signal to delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/. I have never tried it, but it can be deleted manually via SSH. Once done, the Cydia packages will take precedence.

Do you have Winterboard, MobileSubstrate, SBSettings EDGE and WiFi hacks? Any of that crap, and yes, it's unstable crap, can and will interfere. The Postpaid/Flexpaid, either IPCC or Cydia is what you need. The TZones I attached in that post uses wap instead of epc.

before i called i decided to manually input the APN after the bundle was removed and i rebooted. BOTH epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com work. nothing else does, not even blackberry.net. So i decided to test the bundles with the epc and wap as the APN but they did not work. So now i'm stuck in a predicament where i can get internet with manual settings. and ONLY MMS via a bundle. I don't understand why it would work manually and not from a bundle.

P.S i'm not so sure blackberry.net works for BIS customers, it's possible it's only for BES customers.

UPDATE: after writing this post i made one last attempt and used this bundle:
    T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid
    so far Edge works fine.
    still waiting on an MMS to reach someone. also waiting on an incoming MMS. surely not instant.
    i'm almost convinced blackberry.net is a no go for regular BIS users unless i'm proved wrong.
    Explain to me BIS and BES. I am not familiar with the acronyms. MMS is a tricky bastard. It can come in 2 minutes or two hours. It's on T-Mobile's end.

I just did a complete restore to make sure I'm not causing this error but I still have it.

Iphone 3G
    OS 3.0
    Tmo - Family Plan
    Data - Sidekick postpaid

When I install the sidekick postpaid file through cydia and then reboot I loose my ability to manage network settings (normal I know). But when I open safari it tells me 'you do not have a data plan' blah blah. So when I go back and delete your file and reboot I can plug in my own settings again and all is back to normal. I can mms, surf the internet, text whatever.

The setting I HAVE to use to get everything working right.

APN - Hiptop,t-mobile.com

MMS APN - wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC - 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    mms proxy - 216.155.165.50:8080

Im lost.
    Weird. Those are the settings that the bundle uses, except for MMSC, which is http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc.

Another person on Sidekick prepaid says he has Internet, but MMS will not work. We've tried a couple of different settings suggest by T-Mobile 611.

Do you have any hacks or IPCC files installed?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-08 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-08 06:49 AM
    Here's the ipcc I made to work with the G1 data plan. It's the one I've been using on mine and my wife's phone. It uses epc.tmobile.com for both data and MMS, and it has the resolution fix. It has the data menu set to edit and all sub menus under phone are set to work with t-mobile.

Edit: remove the .zip file extension to use.
    Well, this has solved my problems. However instead of going through the itunes way and using command, i did it the simple way: used iphone browser

My steps:

1) download the file above
    2) open iphone browser (if you don't have download and install)
    3) navigate to: '/private/var/root/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle'
    4) scroll to the bottom and find the two following .plist files:
    - carrier.plist
    - Info.plist
    5) BACKUP THESE FOR FUTURE USE AND FOR GOING BACK TO ORIGINAL SETTINGS
    6) open the downloaded file
    7) drag BOTH NEW .plist files into the iphone browser window
    8) close iphone browser
    9) restart your phone for good measure
    10) DONE

For reference i have:
    iphone 3G
    iphone 3.0 OS
    Family Plan from at least 3 years ago
    Original T-Zones grandfathered in
    used redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak (today)
    used ultrasn0w to unlock (today)
    am currently running winterboard & backgrounder 3.0 (with no issues)

-MMS works; both send and receive on either edge OR wifi
    -Picture quality is fixed
    -Tethering is enabled and works
    -Cellular Network is still available to change if need be (ie not hidden)

To not crap up this thread if you have specific questions on what i did pleas PM me and i'll get back to you.

Jim
    Last edited by jim0068; 2009-07-08 at 07:03 AM.
    2009-07-08 06:59 AM
2,044 ... 715161718192767 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD